PDA

View Full Version : Posting Dogmas from D&D 3.5 DMG?

bigbluepaw
March 26th, 2016, 17:13
Hey folks. After reading some good blog posts, I decided I wanted to make some aspects of the dogmas from the different Forgotten Realms deities available for personality characteristics (ideals, bonds, flaws).

I've gone through and typed out a bunch from the 3.5 D&D DMG. I'm willing to share. However, I'm concerned that it violate copyright.

Any thoughts?

Zacchaeus
March 26th, 2016, 19:15
I would err on the side of caution. A lot of stuff in 3.5 was covered by OGL but that still doesn't man you can share.

damned
March 27th, 2016, 06:10
If the content is OGL you need to include the OGL license. See how the current libraries include the OGL and follow that lead... but make sure they ARE OGL.

LordEntrails
March 27th, 2016, 19:06
Note, it appears that non-OGL Forgotten Realms text and personalities can be released through the DMsGuild (www.dmsguild.com). (Images and artwork can not be released there, but stories and about everything else can.) It appears you can upload a zip file which is a FG module there.

bigbluepaw
March 29th, 2016, 00:06
LordEntrails, thanks. That seems like a really interesting option. Will check it out when I have the time.