PDA

View Full Version : How to hide combat tracker from players?

Zephyros
March 26th, 2016, 16:54
Hi all,

I want to know if we can hide the combat tracker from the players... not only the npcs, but their turn ordens too. Why? I'm using the rule of roll for initiative every turn, and the players don't know the "battle sequence" for that round, this help me to impose less metagame thinking in the actions of the players and make combat more interesting.

Second question: A token in the battlefield (linked with sheet data) HAVE to be also in the combat tracker?

Zacchaeus
March 26th, 2016, 19:18
You can't hide the combat tracker but certainly in 5e if you turn the option Player: Show turn order to 'Off' they won't see the turn order at their end. I don't know if that option is available in other systems but I believe it is.

And yes, a token on the battlefield should also be on the CT. In fact that's how the token gets onto the battlefield - from the Combat Tracker. If you don't do it that way there will be no automation.

damned
March 27th, 2016, 06:09
Ill post an extension to do this later today. For 5e right? I can do it two ways - one will have no CT button but will be ruleset specific or the other way just stops a CT from loading but the button will still be there and it will be ruleset independent.

Moon Wizard
March 27th, 2016, 17:39
Why can't you just turn off turn order and health display for players? It will only show the name entries grouped by faction, and any visible effects.

Regards,
JPG

damned
March 28th, 2016, 00:39
Ill wait on an answer to Moon Wizards and my questions before posting an extension :)
BTW what Moon Wizard is talking about are settings in the Options menu.

Zephyros
March 28th, 2016, 04:21
I'll test the turn order "off" option. I believe that if it doesn't show the initiative and don't auto arrange then, that's all I need.

Btw, is for 5e.