PDA

View Full Version : Item Images

LordValerius
March 26th, 2016, 13:19
Hey folks,

I know this will probably sound like a small issue to most, but I am trying to figure something out. When creating an Item in FG, I am putting an image link within the body of the description text, so that if a player clicks on the image link when viewing the item (similar to the way they are in the Manuals), it will show the image. Of course, it doesn't work this way. I have to share the image for the character to see it. Is there an easier way I am overlooking? (Creating a module of images maybe?) Or do I have to share each image manually? And then if a player has to clear their cache, I have to share again? Oy.

At this point, I am beginning to think for my own sanity, I am going to have to just forego having images in the Item descriptions. Granted, the players will most likely view these images once, twice at best, so is it worth all the trouble? I just thought it added a unique benefit to the game, to be able to view your awesome epic poker of stabbing +3...=)

Any thoughts? Or am I on the right track with the thought that these images need to go the way of the Dodo?

Thanks!
LordV

kylania
March 26th, 2016, 15:22
The item image module idea might work best I think.

demonsbane
March 26th, 2016, 16:33
Any thoughts? Or am I on the right track with the thought that these images need to go the way of the Dodo?

I agree. Greater autonomy on the players side regarding to the interface is a good thing. And even a suggestion over a small issue can be interesting to note.

Trenloe
March 26th, 2016, 17:30
Is there an easier way I am overlooking? (Creating a module of images maybe?) Or do I have to share each image manually?.
You can right-click on the image link within the item description and select "Make link shareable" and the link will turn green showing that it is shared - this is still a manual process, but at least you don't need to open the image and share it. And you can see which links are shared with the green coloured link.

Or, you could just remember to make the link shareable when you first add the image to the item, when you share it the image link will be available immediately without any additional sharing.

And then if a player has to clear their cache, I have to share again? Oy.
A player clearing their cache only removes the data they have stored locally for the campaigns they've joined. It doesn't effect sharing settings, etc.. When they next join your campaign they'll download data that has been previously shared, and still has the (s) or (p) icons to show sharing is still active - you don't need to re-share it.

LordValerius
April 2nd, 2016, 14:16
You can right-click on the image link within the item description and select "Make link shareable" and the link will turn green showing that it is shared - this is still a manual process, but at least you don't need to open the image and share it. And you can see which links are shared with the green coloured link.

Or, you could just remember to make the link shareable when you first add the image to the item, when you share it the image link will be available immediately without any additional sharing.

A player clearing their cache only removes the data they have stored locally for the campaigns they've joined. It doesn't effect sharing settings, etc.. When they next join your campaign they'll download data that has been previously shared, and still has the (s) or (p) icons to show sharing is still active - you don't need to re-share it.

Thanks for the info Trenloe, it helped immeasurably.