PDA

View Full Version : Possible problems with the Shop?

Dennis Archer
March 26th, 2016, 00:29
I have a few questions that aren't covered (that I saw, anyway) in the FAQ:

1. When I tried to take advantage of the sale going on right now, and pick up two free items from the Store (independent of any other product purchase), I found that errors occur when interfacing with paypal.com. Namely, card info isn't correctly displayed, and en route to confirmation, an error is thrown (unable to complete the transaction). Tried on three computers using different systems/interfaces, and got the same result each time. Everything on Paypal's end is working fine. So, the problem is likely on FG's end. Is there an alternative payment method?
Edit: The answer to question 1 is now moot, as the problem seems to have spontaneously cleared up.

2. I saw mention of a "buy now, pay later" (I'm a US buyer), but no way to access information on it. Is this just an oblique reference to using a credit card?
Edit: Question 2 answered.

3. I also noted a "complete this bundle" blurb. How does this work, exactly? From the way it's worded, it sounds as if one may pick up any of the licensed D&D 5e product at a 25% savings (say, two items, as opposed to all of it at one time) and that from that point onward, any further purchases are at 25% off, as they're considered to be part of the process of "completing the bundle". Is that true?

User replies are welcomed, but I'd really like to get FG staff for definitive answers. I'd really like to buy something. Thanks in advance.

damned
March 26th, 2016, 00:55
Hey DennisArcher

I dont think Ive ever been able to grab the free items with other purchase deal... I tried a couple of times and it didnt work for me... i never worried about but there may well be an issue...
This is available to US buyers only. If you spend $90/100 (cant remember the exact amount) PayPal will let you pay it off over 6 months...
I believe this only works if you "complete the bundle" eg you have to buy everything that you dont already have in that transaction. I may be wrong but that is what it looks like to me. I have all the books I currently *need* but I usually pick up something extra when there is a sale on :)

Dennis Archer
March 27th, 2016, 01:50
Thanks for the input, Damned. I've decided to email support regarding the third question, to get a definitive answer.

ddavison
March 27th, 2016, 03:17
You can get the free items if you donate $1 or with another non-free item. Paypal won't allow checkout with a $0 balance. If you are trying that and getting an error, please let us know what that is via [email protected]. I see these go through regularly via email confirmation, so I know that it is working for some people, at least.

Dennis Archer
March 27th, 2016, 07:56
You can get the free items if you donate $1 or with another non-free item. Paypal won't allow checkout with a $0 balance. If you are trying that and getting an error, please let us know what that is via [email protected]. I see these go through regularly via email confirmation, so I know that it is working for some people, at least.

That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.