PDA

View Full Version : Ravenloft's castle maps : no battle maps ?

louisjrt
March 25th, 2016, 20:16
Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

First of all, good work FG : I'm a premium user of FG and I really enjoy it. I've been running stuff on roll D20 and I have to admit that even if rollD20's interface felt easier to use, it also felt less complete. I really love the products so far and only have problem with how I cannot adjust my token size freely on the spot in a battle... but that's not the issue I'm here for...

D&D users of FG are most probably (not necessarily, just most probably) like me ; users who enjoy the combat-tactic aspect offered with this product. Online RPG playing without battlemaps, I can do that with facebook or even skype. What I want the most out of my FG is to go for a slick switch between Roleplaying moments and combat instants.

Now I must incist that the Ravenloft product is an AWESOME revamp of the original one and I really enjoy the product I bought... BUT...

What am I to do with ONLY the isometric maps of the castle??? The whole setting offers battlemaps for (almost) every single situation, even some where no combat is normally involved...

then there is this EPIC FINAL CASTLE ... that I can't do nothing with (in the sense that I could already use isometric images of the castle, but that's no use for tactical combat if none of the system allows me to fit the token on them)

1 - Why ONLY isometric maps?
2 - is there a chance that we will see an update for it (pretty sure I ain't the only one who mostly enjoys the tactical combat that FG offers) ?
3 - If "no" is the only answer I can get out of #2, can anybody on this forum help me out with this...

Thanks again, especialy if you have positive answer at #2
great product, both Ravenloft and FG in general, just needed to state this obvious problem with the final showdown we get with isometrics maps.

Trenloe
March 25th, 2016, 20:24
The question of the isometric maps was asked here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?30345-Curse-of-Strahd&p=261119&viewfull=1#post261119 With various follow ups - make sure you read some of the posts with alternative map sources on page 2 of the thread.

louisjrt
March 25th, 2016, 21:05
Thanks you ;)

again : sorry, I'm not used to the forum (just found it today :p) but I'll look into it with care.

Nylanfs
March 26th, 2016, 01:24
Welcome to the forums and the FG community!

Nyghtmare
March 29th, 2016, 03:50
I really love the products so far and only have problem with how I cannot adjust my token size freely on the spot in a battle... but that's not the issue I'm here for...

You can do that on the fly by hovering your mouse pointer over the token, holding down the CTRL key, and then using the mouse wheel. If you do that without the CTRL key, it just rotates the token.

ddavison
March 29th, 2016, 04:05
You can also mouse-wheel up or down over the token inside of the combat tracker and it will change the size of the token. There are also settings on whether or not you want it to auto-set to 80% of grid square or 100% of grid square. I generally prefer the 100% option, but the 80% is the default. Finally, you can expand the "size" section inside the combat tracker and then change the size and reach so that FG will mark the squares it takes up and the reach. When you manually place tokens, remember to place into the tracker first and then from the tracker to the map. Otherwise, you lose those options. Auto-encounter setups automatically do that.

Patou
March 30th, 2016, 14:58
You can also mouse-wheel up or down over the token inside of the combat tracker and it will change the size of the token. There are also settings on whether or not you want it to auto-set to 80% of grid square or 100% of grid square. I generally prefer the 100% option, but the 80% is the default. Finally, you can expand the "size" section inside the combat tracker and then change the size and reach so that FG will mark the squares it takes up and the reach. When you manually place tokens, remember to place into the tracker first and then from the tracker to the map. Otherwise, you lose those options. Auto-encounter setups automatically do that.

Morning Doug,
Do you know if isometric tokens work well with those maps? If so do you have any ones to refer?

thank you sir:)

louisjrt
March 31st, 2016, 22:17
You can do that on the fly by hovering your mouse pointer over the token, holding down the CTRL key, and then using the mouse wheel. If you do that without the CTRL key, it just rotates the token.[/QUOTE]

my god Nyghtmare that CTRL+mouse roll thing is SO useful! I could actually run the thing with that feature... the positioning would remain clunky (especially with the 10 feet squares of the maps), but I could do something and that's way better than nothing. thanks ;)

Calisto
April 1st, 2016, 05:30
1 - Why ONLY isometric maps?
2 - is there a chance that we will see an update for it (pretty sure I ain't the only one who mostly enjoys the tactical combat that FG offers) ?
3 - If "no" is the only answer I can get out of #2, can anybody on this forum help me out with this...

Thanks again, especialy if you have positive answer at #2
great product, both Ravenloft and FG in general, just needed to state this obvious problem with the final showdown we get with isometrics maps.

I wanted to make sure you saw the Ravenloft Castle Battlemaps created by Zacchaeus, visit the post below and have fun thrashing your PC's in the Castle!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?30561-Castle-Ravenloft-Battlemaps&p=263181#post263181

louisjrt
April 1st, 2016, 12:44

hagrid70
July 5th, 2016, 00:15
https://www.dmsguild.com/product/185990/Castle-Ravenloft-hires-colour-jpg-maps

Zacchaeus
July 5th, 2016, 10:37
Or here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?30561-Castle-Ravenloft-Battlemaps) :)