PDA

View Full Version : Return to Ravenloft - Curse of Strahd

Teknykk
March 24th, 2016, 07:58
FG License: Full License, Players Need Full or Lite.
Game System: D&D 5E.

Time Zone: Australian Eastern Standard Time, GMT/UTC+10.
Day of Week and Time: Tuesday at 8:30 PM to 12:30 AM, 4 Hour Sessions.
Planned Start Date: April 5th at the Earliest.
Planned Frequency: One Night per Week.
Term: Long Term or Until Adventure is Complete.

Text or Voice: Text and Voice Required.
Voice Software Used: FG TeamSpeak Server.

Role-Play & Combat Mix: 50/50 Mix at Least is Expected.
Number of Players in Needed: No Players are Required Now.
Character Starting Level & Equipment: 1st-Level with Normal Starting Equipment, and Unique Gothic Trinket.
Character Restrictions: Player's Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, Elemental Evil Player's Companion, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, and Curse of Strahd.

Details: Currently looking for no more or less than two players, and they're needed as long term commitments every week. Would much prefer people from Australian areas or at least within close reach or the same time zones of the country. Anyone outside of what is considered a suitable region will be subject to a careful consideration before being accepted or declined.

Anyone with generally bad attitudes or manners who seem to think the game revolves around them or their opinion need not apply. This group isn't full of saints and are quite happy to mess around sometimes or even swear out into the open. Anyone considering crossing the line against a particular group member for any reason won't be welcome either, regardless of any excuses given.

There have been enough issues in the past with people who join and simply expected things they shouldn't, and not only waste time but also disappoint the group. So be fully committed to the long term run until the end of the adventure and respect the calls of a dungeon master without excessive arguing over rulings. This is a serious role playing group, not a bunch of dice rolling board gamers.

It's also a group with a purpose to have fun, but strives to keep to the set rules as much as possible without wasting too much time arguing once a ruling has been made. Often optional and variant rules are used to change the game, so keep that in mind. In the case of this particular adventure, many will be used as a tool to ramp up the difficulty and amplify the horror on a mechanical level to keep players on their toes.

Players are expected to think carefully about characters, to consider all personality aspects and flesh out a three-dimensional piece of fiction that fits within the world, and not one that tries to force the world to work around it. The desire is to simply have believable characters who are evolving with the story around them, and are doing more than simply murdering anything that looks nasty for experience or loot.

Builds on a mechanical level with characters, be they from an alignment, race, background, class, skill, or feat are expected to fit within a concept and make sense. As such, anything to do with multi class or feat decisions will be carefully weighed before being allowed. Everything about your character should and needs to make some measure of sense within the concept given.

As long as players understand that this is a world with characters playing a part in the story, not a world that revolves entirely around them, then they'll fit right in. In this specific adventure, the focus will be more on personality and character development from the start, than a fully fledged past that might come back to haunt them later. While it is possible, it just may not be as dominant as present development.

All concepts will be considered, it doesn't matter if they are good, evil, or anything in the middle. If a player can prove a character won't be incapable of working with others even slightly, and not be out to antagonise the rest intentionally, then there's a good chance it'll be welcome. This is an acting troupe, not a one man show, so please keep in mind extremist characters and draw a line somewhere.

Most of us are still learning the rules, but two of us have a very strong grasp of how things work and often have questions directed toward the developers for their input. This is usually done out of sessions, and for the sole purpose to understand things so rulings can be judged fairly within the intended design. That doesn't mean things are often gotten wrong however, and sometimes that is the case.

In any case, character creation will be done before the official starting date, which is yet to be fully decided, but intended to be within the coming month. The details of such creation will be dealt with at the time chosen to do it, but sending private messages are welcomed if desired. Characters will come from Forgotten Realms and go into Ravenloft, and the intent is to run it entirely as an open exploration adventure.

Link to Game Calendar Page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1911

That said, leave a reply here if you're interested, and I will refuse to take people who just do a blind request on the calendar without any follow up. You can also contact me via private message here on the forums or through Steam with my handle Teknykk. Use these methods to decide a suitable time to create a character also, and any questions you might have to ask of me about anything you like, thanks.

machinegunn1
March 27th, 2016, 02:57
i would be happy to join in if there is still a spot available im somewhat new to dnd 5e but have played dnd 3.5 and pathfinder

Teknykk
March 27th, 2016, 03:18
We still have room, and newer players are more than welcome as long as they're willing to listen and learn. That said, you'll have to let me know if the day and time period above is suitable to your time zone. We have another guy, the British one, who lives in Perth with us also, so I'm aware you'll be a few hours behind the times listed. If they're suitable to you and you can make it every Tuesday, barring major life-related things, then feel free to let me know.

We can also setup a time to make your character if you wish, or you can do so in your own time and send me a download link or the file to my email. I do have some specific things for character creation that will apply outside of the norm, but that can be discussed if and when you've confirmed the day and times are suitable.

machinegunn1
March 27th, 2016, 03:40
the times are definetly fine with me i live in perth aswell and and setting up a time to create a character with you would be very helpful thanks

Teknykk
March 27th, 2016, 05:14
No worries, I've sent you a private message with some details. We can take it from there when you're ready, and I'm happy to welcome you aboard and into the group. I just need one more and we'll be good to go sometime in April.

Vhok
March 27th, 2016, 09:37
I can make the times no problem. if you still need people I applied

Teknykk
March 27th, 2016, 11:03
No worries mate, be happy to give you a go - but first I need to wait back on some private messages before I confirm you amongst us - as I send them out first to see if any other respective Aussies were interested. I only intend to have four players and no more, so I need to give a short few days at least, to see what they have to say. That said, you are more than welcome to send me a private message with any character concepts you have in mind, and I will reply with anything I require to be a part of characters or discuss restrictions I might have that relate to how we play or how this adventure will be. Either way, it'd be no earlier than a week or so from now before start, as that's when April hits us - so there's enough time there to draw up a solid character concept with a personality and at least a basic history set within the Forgotten Realms world to cover any important things about them - in addition to anything I request.

Drizzard
March 28th, 2016, 14:36
Hey there,

I've applied to your game as Drizzard, willing to play any race / class combo, whatever role needs filling in. I'm a 24 year old male from the Netherlands with a little experience in FG already and a paid license. I have voice chat, lots of time on my hands, I speak fluent english and I'd like to get started!

If you'll have me, feel free to accept or pop me a PM and we can talk further.

Teknykk
March 30th, 2016, 04:48
My apologies Vhok and Drizzard, but for now I will be running with four others that I've decided are the ones I want to run with for now. Until further notice, I currently have all the players I need and so I effectively have no room for the time being. Thanks for applying, but for now I won't be taking either of you - I will however keep you in mind in future should I need players at a later stage.