PDA

View Full Version : PFS Easter Evergreen.

xazil
March 24th, 2016, 07:05
I am looking at running one of the evergreen modules (3xp) on Easter Sunday/Monday.

Each of these is for level 1 or 2 characters and you can repeat it as much as you like on level 1 characters.

I am offering one of the following: Emerald Spire Level 1, Thornkeep Level 1 or Crypt of the Everflame.

1) The Emerald Spire is the shortest and will likely only be a 4 hour session.

2) Thornkeep is longer, maybe a 5-6 hour session and its known for a dangerous encounter within.

3) Crypt of the Everflame is a full module and likely to go 6-8 hours.

I have set up the Calendar with 3 times, please vote by choosing a time (1, 2 or 3) past the hour.

I have pre-gens available for anyone without a low level prepared.

Calendar: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1910

Please sign up below with your character XML, and previous chronicle or for a new character the starting cash, PFS number and faction.

Blackfoot
March 24th, 2016, 07:18
I believe I am free to do this. Too bad you aren't looking at earlier... I think I've got the whole day free pretty much.
Hmm... maybe I'll run something too.

xazil
March 24th, 2016, 07:25
I believe I am free to do this. Too bad you aren't looking at earlier... I think I've got the whole day free pretty much.
Hmm... maybe I'll run something too.
Its at 8am on my Monday morning which is early enough for running something. If you offer something earlier I'll probably wander along assuming we dont have an overlap. :)

Victor
March 24th, 2016, 09:01
I'm in. Nice idea on the voting btw.

Malkavian_Andi
March 24th, 2016, 09:36
I'm interested, too. Gotta check which characters I have available.

and its known for a dangerous encounter within.I think it's more like two, one right after the other. ^^

bigboom
March 24th, 2016, 10:13
I've put my vote in for Emerald Spire. The start time is 4am in my time zone, so I've got a hard stop at 4.5 hours after the start as I'll head off to work. If the vote goes to the other two modules, I'll have to bow out but no worries!

Farnaby
March 24th, 2016, 10:19
I'm in for the first two, the Crypt is too long for me and I've DM'ed it 3 times.

diablodevil2
March 24th, 2016, 13:02
I'd like to join. I may have that Monday off from work, so starting at 5 PM EST my time may not be too bad for any of the three. But if I don't (I'll have to check), I may only be able to do one of the first two scenarios. Will attach XML when char is done today. It'll be Fritz, 201376-3, faction Dark Archive, starting with 2 GP, 11 SP, 10 CP.

By the way, I'm making a halfling Magus, and one thing that sticks me a lot is languages. Anyone have suggestions for what languages would be a sensible choice? I'll have 2 extra starters, and...from what I remember you get one based on where your character is from? Appreciate any suggestions...or the assurance that it may not matter so much. =p

xazil
March 24th, 2016, 13:18
Looks like a pretty clear choice of Thornkeep1 from the signups. I may run more of the thornkeeps later (probably after FG-Con) if there is demand. Sorry Bigboom, up to you if you want to come, but to be honest I don't think it will be done in 4.5 hours (although you could play for partial credit if the party is careful with composition).

xazil
March 24th, 2016, 13:22
I'd like to join. I may have that Monday off from work, so starting at 5 PM EST my time may not be too bad for any of the three. But if I don't (I'll have to check), I may only be able to do one of the first two scenarios. Will attach XML when char is done today. It'll be Fritz, 201376-3, faction Dark Archive, starting with 2 GP, 11 SP, 10 CP.

By the way, I'm making a halfling Magus, and one thing that sticks me a lot is languages. Anyone have suggestions for what languages would be a sensible choice? I'll have 2 extra starters, and...from what I remember you get one based on where your character is from? Appreciate any suggestions...or the assurance that it may not matter so much. =p

Note at your -5 Timezone this game is your Sunday Evening. Your base languages as a halfling would be halfing and common. For extra languages pathfinders tend to find the "dead" languages useful over their career - thassalonion, azlanti and ancient osirioni. The 3 main outsider languages are also pretty good, but a lot of stuff tends to be the various regional human languages.

diablodevil2
March 24th, 2016, 13:26
Mm! I did notice that, thanks. That's why I figure the first two would be easy, I wouldn't be up too late, ha. But that's handy to know on the languages, thanks.

bigboom
March 24th, 2016, 13:46
Looks like a pretty clear choice of Thornkeep1 from the signups. I may run more of the thornkeeps later (probably after FG-Con) if there is demand. Sorry Bigboom, up to you if you want to come, but to be honest I don't think it will be done in 4.5 hours (although you could play for partial credit if the party is careful with composition).

No worries! It's no problem. But how does partial credit work? Maybe I'll sign up to be an alternate and if a sixth player isn't available, I'll join and just stay as long as I can.

HoloGnome
March 24th, 2016, 19:59
No worries! It's no problem. But how does partial credit work? Maybe I'll sign up to be an alternate and if a sixth player isn't available, I'll join and just stay as long as I can.

Bigboom - see page 31 of the Season 7 Guide under Applying Credit - top right-hand column.

Xazil - The TK1 mod looks good and I can forward late tonight.

bigboom
March 24th, 2016, 20:18
Bigboom - see page 31 of the Season 7 Guide under Applying Credit - top right-hand column.

Thanks for the reference! So because these are modules, does that mean non-completion will be a 1/3 reduction in gold, 2xp earned, and 3 prestige earned? Is there a rule where a player would need to participate in a minimum number of encounters to get partial credit (similar to the 3 encounter minimum for full credit in scenarios)?

HoloGnome
March 24th, 2016, 20:45
In APs/Modules, it goes by sessions played/missed. If you play at least 2/3 of "the module," you get full credit. Otherwise, you get reduced credit, where I would say that you need at least a minimum of 3 encounters in order to get reduced session credit (although what is required for minimum credit isn't really spelled out in any detail, where applying the scenario rule of 3 encounters makes sense). Otherwise, you might say - hey, I got the briefing, now give me my chronicle. ;)

Farnaby
March 24th, 2016, 22:22
So my character is Sarjana

PFS ID:54144-8
Starting gold: 55
Faction: Liberty's Edge

diablodevil2
March 24th, 2016, 22:53
Here's Fritz. Forgot to rename the token, ha.

IrishBouzouki
March 24th, 2016, 23:42
Applying on calendar, if there is still room, or as an alternate. Took a while to be sure I could play with family activities that day, but I finally have clearance to play at 5 if there is still a spot.
I'd like to try my Lvl 1 PC (Half-Orc Slayer sniper, Gorm the Hungry) I was planning to start at FG Con.

kwarner1986
March 25th, 2016, 03:51
I am free, but might of missed the window. Perhaps I can bribe Blackfoot. I'll standby just in case.

bigboom
March 25th, 2016, 05:25
In APs/Modules, it goes by sessions played/missed. If you play at least 2/3 of "the module," you get full credit. Otherwise, you get reduced credit, where I would say that you need at least a minimum of 3 encounters in order to get reduced session credit (although what is required for minimum credit isn't really spelled out in any detail, where applying the scenario rule of 3 encounters makes sense). Otherwise, you might say - hey, I got the briefing, now give me my chronicle. ;)

HG: Thanks for the info!

Xazil: Looks like you have more than enough people who can fully commit, so just put me down as the very last alternate behind everyone else. Thanks!!

Malkavian_Andi
March 25th, 2016, 11:07
ok, so looks like Thornkeep. In that case, this is my character:

xazil
March 25th, 2016, 13:43
Currently for Thornkeep Level 1 we have:
Blackfoot - Unknown.
Malkavian_andi - Rogue/Monk
Victor - Monk
Farnaby - Illusionist
diaboldevil2 - Magus
bsktballchmp85 - Sorcerer

IrishBouzouki - Slayer (stand by)
Kwarner1986 - unknown (stand by)
bigboom - rogue (stand by - by choice)

Please note that currently there seems to be a definite lack of healing.

diablodevil2
March 25th, 2016, 13:52
Mm! Well, Fritz has Infernal Healing, but can only use it twice, yes...I don't mind using my two daily level 1 spells for that. I guess it depends on how hard it'd be to spend nights in game, ha.

HoloGnome
March 25th, 2016, 15:46
If anyone (alternates or otherwise) wants to play Fangwood Keep tomorrow AM at 3AM Pacific, 6AM Eastern, send me a PM. We have 2 spots available.

Blackfoot
March 25th, 2016, 17:29
Currently for Thornkeep Level 1 we have:
Malkavian_andi - Rogue/Monk
Victor - Monk
Farnaby - Illusionist
diaboldevil2 - Magus
bsktballchmp85 - Sorcerer
Please note that currently there seems to be a definite lack of healing.
I guess it would be helpful if I brought someone who could heal then. I was kinda waiting to see the makeup of the group before posting my character since I have a few options. Hmm...
I could bring:
Iggy Toymaker - Level 2.2 Male Dwarf Alchemist
Brom of the Stone - Level 2.2 Male Dwarf Druid (Menhir Savant)
Pugnacious Twiddlebury - Level 2.1 Male Gnome Summoner
Pyros of the Inferno - Level 2.0.5 Male Ifrit Cleric of Ymeri
Oban Ze - Level 1.1 Male Ifrit Elemental Sorcerer
Alphonso Marosi - Level 1.2 Male Ifrit Swashbuckler
Lucky - Level 2.0 Male Halfling Archaeologist
Redfang -Level 2.2 Male Kitsune Brawler (Wild Child)
Many of them can wield a wand (although they do not have one)... the Druid, Cleric, and Archaeologist can heal others normally.
My Cleric is a negative energy/fire cleric.. so he would be similar to the Druid.
The Summoner has Infernal Healing so that is similar to the others too.
The Alchemist can use his extracts to heal himself.. or a wand for others if someone has one.
Hrm..

Victor
March 25th, 2016, 17:55
If anyone (alternates or otherwise) wants to play Fangwood Keep tomorrow AM at 3AM Pacific, 6AM Eastern, send me a PM. We have 2 spots available.

When do you sleep?

Victor
March 25th, 2016, 17:59
I guess it would be helpful if I brought someone who could heal then. I was kinda waiting to see the makeup of the group before posting my character since I have a few options.

I could switch to Kyra the Cleric pre gen. I think she has a CLW wand right?

I am just making a new monk to play with so can just play Kyra for this then turn her into my level 2 Monk. I like Kyra and she has pos channel. You can bring whom you want.

Malkavian_Andi
March 25th, 2016, 19:09
I could switch to Kyra the Cleric pre gen. I think she has a CLW wand right?Not the level 1 Kyra.

Anyway, my character has a Wand of CLW, so if there's a character who can activate it without having to roll UMD, that would be great.

btw, I see a lot of Ifrits in Blackfoot's list. That's a lot of GMing at cons. (well, my character is an Undine, so obviously I have been to some cons, too.)

Blackfoot
March 25th, 2016, 19:25
I don't see any reason for anyone to play a pregen. I have lots of options.
Iggy and Lucky are out... we have a rogue... and they are mostly roguish sorts.
Oban, Redfang, and Alphonso are out... they don't do the healing thing.
Pugnacious can heal but he can't really use anyone's wand casually so he's out too.
That leaves these 2 guys:
Brom of the Stone - Level 2.2 Male Dwarf Druid (Menhir Savant)
Pyros of the Inferno - Level 2.0.5 Male Ifrit Cleric of Ymeri
Hmm..
I haven't really played either of them in quite a while so they would both be cool to play.

Blackfoot
March 25th, 2016, 19:37
I guess I'm leaning toward Brom. He's only lost 1pp from module play whereas Pyros has lost 2.
Brom wants to be Level 3 anyway... and this really isn't Pyros neck of the woods :)
I'll get my files together and post them shortly.

Victor
March 25th, 2016, 20:05
ok, i'll stick to a new monk. :)

Blackfoot
March 25th, 2016, 20:08
Inventory Tracking Sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ek2jQelNypJ_s6_F626HLmBTZDPW19HvYsBhLdp_eVQ/edit?usp=sharing)

kwarner1986
March 26th, 2016, 06:35
Blackfoot, if I somehow sneak in, I'll bring my Paladin 1/Bloodrager 1

Just letting you know in case you wanted to switch it up, if I got in.

Blackfoot
March 27th, 2016, 16:21
Sorry kwarner1986, I just didn't end up having enough time to get an extra game slot in before this game. I can't start running something before 12 at the earliest and that is really pushing it to get it in before a 5pm game.
Sorry :(

Farnaby
March 27th, 2016, 21:41
Hi guys,

it's pushing 22:45 here and I'm already zoning out. :(
I'm disappointed, but I won't last 4 hours let alone 5-6.
I'm going to have to pull out and let someone else take my place.

Sorry - Farnaby

diablodevil2
March 31st, 2016, 14:02
Hey Xazil, just wondering about the chronicle for this. I'm planning on using Fritz in an upcoming game and the GM wants it ahead of time.

xazil
March 31st, 2016, 14:15
Sorry Diablodevil2, I don't have your email so here is your chronicle. Please get back to me if you have any issues.

Thanks for coming along and playing. :)

diablodevil2
March 31st, 2016, 14:23
No problem, thanks a bunch. Would join another game, ha.