PDA

View Full Version : LF DM for our group

pierce768
March 23rd, 2016, 22:42
My group of friends has had some terrible luck getting a game together.

Over the past few years we have been playing together, at first I DMed, but then eventually with school getting more difficult I didn't have enough time. Then our other friend tried, he ran a campaign for a while but once he changed jobs he fell into a similar situation. Finally we came to the FG forums! We found a great DM, JerryRig he's pretty well known in the community. However due to technical issues with his fantasy grounds he is no longer able to DM as our sessions freeze constantly.

So now I've returned to these forums looking for a new gm.

Here's what I can promise:
* We will show up every week, of course there might be the occasional session that is missed but one player but that won't stop us
* We will RP to the best of our ability. We aren't masters but we try.
* We will have fun and get along. All of us have known each other for years and I can guarantee no issues.

Here's what we need:
* A GM that shows up every week! Again life happens and missing a session happens and that's no big deal but in general we want to play every week.
* Weekday availability. We prefer to play on Tuesday nights from 7 - 11pm. I'm not sure how flexibile we are otherwise but if that time doesn;t work for you I will speak with everyone and figure it out.

That's about it to be honest. As far as the system goes, we are all most comfortable with pathfinder however I'm sure everyone is ok with switching it up at this point. We just want to play again.

PM me/post here if you are interested.

IrishBouzouki
March 23rd, 2016, 23:02
What time zone(s) are you in?
Does your group require a lot of homebrew stuff or are published modules and campaigns just as good for you?
What PFRPG AP's or other material has your group already played?
Other than someone reliable and punctual, what level of experience do you require for a DM? Do you know the PFRPG rules well enough to be comfortable with a DM who does not know them as well but can deal with some learning on the job?
Can you handle someone nowhere near as good a DM as JerryRig who is, however, willing to put in a good effort?
- John

pierce768
March 23rd, 2016, 23:49
To answer your questions:

We are USE.
We require no homebrew, run the campaign as much as you want. The only thing we want is a long term campaign.
We started the beginning of Rise of the Runelords with Jerry but that's when his fantasy ground s stopped working. We really only got through like 1 and a half sessions of the first part.
Experience is no issue. If you are down to try so are we, really aren't working then we will say something but honestly I doubt that will be the case. We know the pfrpg rules quite well so that also isn't much of an issue.
Effort is all that matters in my opinion. No doubt I could tell jerry would have been a great gm had we gotten more time. But at the end of the day we just want to play.

A second note on that last questions. I was once a first time gm for this same group, all of the guys had a blast. Once my other friend started it was also his first time. Again we all had a blast. So there is no problem there. It could be your first gm experience ever and I'm sure it would be fun.

IrishBouzouki
March 24th, 2016, 03:37
I am certainly interested. I have a lengthy response wall fo text I put in a PM. Please take the time to read and consider.