PDA

View Full Version : LFG - 2 Players - 6 PM or later - Tuesday through Thursday - Mountain Time

JBeesing
March 23rd, 2016, 04:52
FG License: Right now, we only have a demo license, but are trying to decide if we want to get the ultimate license.

Time Zone: Mountain Time

Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Would prefer Tuesdays through Thursdays, as we occasionally travel on the weekends. Weekly 3-4 hour sessions would be great for us.

Term: While we'll be happy to do a one-shot, we would rather get hooked up with a group that has a single adventure or even a campaign running. We were thinking that the Lost Mines of Phandelver would be a great start for us, but we're certainly open to anything.

Voice: Both of us are on Skype, but are willing to download whatever voice chat software the DM uses.

Game System Preferred: We would prefer to stick with D&D 5E. It's the only RPG we play at the moment.

Game System Experience: Both of us are familiar with 5E. I don't think that either of us would consider ourselves to be experts, but we have a good grasp of the game and would like to gain experience.

Fantasy Grounds Experience: Both of us are very new to Fantasy Grounds. We have friends and family that we like to play D&D 5E with, but we are now separated by thousands of miles. For this reason, we're trying to determine if FG is the right solution for us. Please help us to evaluate the system!

Character Type Preferred: My wife prefers magic wielding classes of the elf variety. My preference is for rogues and rangers - I'm not racist. :p Having said that, we are very flexible and will be willing to fit in in any way we can in order to get our feet wet in FG and to meet new gaming partners.

About us: She definitely prefers the role-playing aspects of the game, and has actually thrived as a DM. I'm more interested in solving puzzles and getting into the action. I go all the way back to the first edition days. After joining the Navy, I didn't play again until 5E came out. We both are very easy to get along with. One caveat. Neither one of us are what I would call card-carrying members of the D&D nerd society. We're both over 45 years old, so, although we will happily get into character and talk all about monsters, treasure, and randy lasses, we will also be happy to discuss real-life things like our jobs, our kids, fishing, bowling, football, etc. But, not to the point that it will interfere with the flow of the game!!!

damned
March 23rd, 2016, 11:31
heya JBeesing and friend.

Dont be getting an Ultimate unless you are going to GM in the near future.
There is a game being advertised that is looking for players to play all three of those nights...

For 5e you will almost always need to take the initiative and express an interest directly on threads advertising games as 5e games in particular tend to fill up in hours.

I hope you guys find a great group and make a second home here :) Its great to have more female players enjoying this hobby.

If you are free at all on April 8-10 we have a great community run convention - at last count there were over 60 sessions scheduled to run. Lots of 5e and other great stuff.

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/fgcon8-banner-04.jpg (https://www.fg-con.com/events/)
FG Con 8 – Invite A Friend April 8-10th 2016
Register at www.fg-con.com (https://www.fg-con.com/) for all the latest info.

bhalverson
April 17th, 2016, 21:39
Is this thread still hot?

I myself am seeking a group to play with for 5E. Unfortunately I'm already hosting a group for Rise of the Runelords for Pathfinder on Saturday nights, but usually have Sunday to Thursday open for play.

Sword and Board tank looking for a group :D
Very experience D&D (10 years) / Pathfinder (5-6 years) player. Knowledgeable on most rules and am always open to learning something new / share the knowledge.
Personality: Chill, Sociable, Friendly, Witty, Humorous, Likes long walks on the beach haha

Cheers,
Blair

EDIT: Also Mountain time.

Andraax
April 17th, 2016, 22:02
I have some openings in my Tuesday night Castles and Crusades game, weekly 8-11pm US/Central (which would be 7-10pm US/Mountain). C&C is very similar in style to old school D&D, but with mechanics similar to 5E.