PDA

View Full Version : New to FG and needing some assistance

AxBlade2003
March 22nd, 2016, 23:24
So me and my group have made the jump from roll20 to FG and we are liking it but in some cases we are using classes that we found that are homebrewed and dont have the nifty FG automated stuff. So i have a question.

With the Blood Hunter class that has a module that was developed for it by Smite on here im wondering how i would code the Crimson Rite ability in. The Ability reads as follows:

At 1st level. you learn to invoke a rite of blood magic within your weapon at the cost of your own vitality. Choose to learn one rite from the Primal Rites listed below. You cannot change this choice.
As a bonus action. you imbue a single weapon with the elemental energy of a known rite for up to 8 hours. While active, attacks from this weapon deal an additional 1d4 rite damage of the chosen elemental type. Rite damage is considered magical. The rite damage die changes as you gain blood hunter levels, as shown in the crimson rite damage die column of the blood hunter table. Should your weapon leave your grip, the rite fades immediately. An active rite on a weapon thrown fades directly after the attack is completed.
When a crimson rite is activated, it reduces your maximum hit points by a number equal to your character level. These lost maximum hit points return once the rite fades and cannot be restored by other means. When a rite fades, no hit points are regained as part of the restoration of maximum hit points.
Crimson rite can be used on multiple weapons. costing additional hit point loss. Most weapons can only be subject to a single rite at any given time. Each end of a polearm or quarterstaff is treated as a seperate weapon for the purposes of this feature. A rite can be allowed to fade at any time with no action required.
You gain access to an additional Primal Rite at 6th level and 11th level. You can choose to learn one Esoteric Rite from the list below at 14th level.
Primal Rites
Choose from the following:
Rite of the Flame:
Your rite damage is fire type.Rite of the Frozen:
Your rite damage is cold type.Rite of the Storm:
Your rite damage is lightning type.Esoteric Rites
Choose from the following:
Rite of the Roar:
Your rite damage is thunder type.Rite of the Oracle:
Your rite damage is psychic type.Rite of the Dead:
Your rite damage is necrotic type.

how would i go abouts setting up this to work. Its easy enough to just add the dmg to a basic roll but theres the HP max reduction it takes away and then puts back. any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Moon Wizard
March 22nd, 2016, 23:54
Currently, there's no mechanism for adjusting maximum hit points automatically (or tracking the original maximum separately). So, you could code for damage/heal on application/fade, but you would have to remember maximum reduction and adjust heals accordingly.

On the damage side,
you can apply an effect that applies to all weapon attacks (DMG: 1d4 fire),
OR you can create a custom weapon entry on the PC for those rite weapons (i.e. Longsword (Rite)) with the appropriate increased damage,
OR create a custom weapon/power entry on the PC to just apply rite damage (i.e. 1d4 fire) directly.

It's one of the drawbacks with using non-standard classes is that there is less support for lesser used or unique mechanics.

Regards,
JPG

Zacchaeus
March 23rd, 2016, 00:17
One of my players uses this class. We use negative temporary hit points to track the hp reduction.

AxBlade2003
March 23rd, 2016, 01:12
Awesome thanks for the quick response