PDA

View Full Version : new homebrew magic items and random table to select item

Falselight
March 22nd, 2016, 22:38
Delete thread please I MUST MAKE BETTER. :)

Zacchaeus
March 22nd, 2016, 23:26
Hi Falselight, good work again. However can I make a couple of suggestions - it will involve more work unfortunately but it will make your mod a lot more useful to be honest.

Firstly I'd suggest par5ing it as a reference rather than as a module. The reason for this is that the magic items can then be dragged into the Items tab and when they are unlocked they can be edited. This will allow, for example all of the items to given the 'magic' property (as they stand the properties box doesn't show so this can't be done). This is especially important for the weapons because they can then simply be dragged and dropped into a character and they will automatically get that property.

Another thing to be aware of is that as they stand none of the items can be used in the Item Forge; however if you par5e the file as a reference they can be so used.

Now, here is where things get time consuming. None of the armours or weapons have any stats attached to them. For example none of the armours have the boxes filled in for AC or magical bonus and none of the weapons have any damage dice or type of damage etc. You can't par5e this in but what you can do is use the par5ed file to make a copy of all the items, edit them in FG and then export them out as a module. And that's going to take time. However it will make the items much more useful.

Lastly I note that in many descriptions there are artefacts due to limitations in par5e and the characters you are using. Take a look at 'Radiant Chain' and you'll see 20PfootPradius. Try substituting whatever characters you are using around the foot which is what is causing par5e to treat them as the letter 'P'. Furthermore there's a number of descriptions which end for some reason in \t - Bracers of fiery might is an example but there are lots of them. Not sure why that should be.

Falselight
March 23rd, 2016, 00:39
that is what i was looking to do awesome will figure out how to reference than module. can you delete the thread please

Falselight
March 23rd, 2016, 00:41
Hi Falselight, good work again. However can I make a couple of suggestions - it will involve more work unfortunately but it will make your mod a lot more useful to be honest.

Firstly I'd suggest par5ing it as a reference rather than as a module. The reason for this is that the magic items can then be dragged into the Items tab and when they are unlocked they can be edited. This will allow, for example all of the items to given the 'magic' property (as they stand the properties box doesn't show so this can't be done). This is especially important for the weapons because they can then simply be dragged and dropped into a character and they will automatically get that property.

Another thing to be aware of is that as they stand none of the items can be used in the Item Forge; however if you par5e the file as a reference they can be so used.

Now, here is where things get time consuming. None of the armours or weapons have any stats attached to them. For example none of the armours have the boxes filled in for AC or magical bonus and none of the weapons have any damage dice or type of damage etc. You can't par5e this in but what you can do is use the par5ed file to make a copy of all the items, edit them in FG and then export them out as a module. And that's going to take time. However it will make the items much more useful.

Lastly I note that in many descriptions there are artefacts due to limitations in par5e and the characters you are using. Take a look at 'Radiant Chain' and you'll see 20PfootPradius. Try substituting whatever characters you are using around the foot which is what is causing par5e to treat them as the letter 'P'. Furthermore there's a number of descriptions which end for some reason in \t - Bracers of fiery might is an example but there are lots of them. Not sure why that should be.

yeah i couldn't find what was causing the /t either but going to rework it and make it better took hours to do that. I always like others input to push me further :)

Zacchaeus
March 23rd, 2016, 12:40
One other thing I meant to ask; what is your source for this?

Falselight
March 23rd, 2016, 18:33
One other thing I meant to ask; what is your source for this?

https://worldbuilderblog.me/free-game-resources/
50 New Magic Items

if i cant post it no worries

Zacchaeus
March 23rd, 2016, 18:57
I think it might be advisable to get permission from the author. I'm not, however, terribly sure of what you can or can't do with this kind of stuff. Although it's free to download that doesn't necessarily mean that it can be distributed.

kylania
March 23rd, 2016, 18:58
You'll probably want to contact James and ask if you can distribute an FG version of that seeing as that's a product he's selling (for free, but still) on DMGuild.

Falselight
March 23rd, 2016, 19:04
will find out and will add it to mod if have permission