PDA

View Full Version : Lost steam DLC after upgrading to ultimate

draion
March 22nd, 2016, 16:28
I have a problem using DLC I bought from steam.
I first purchased the full version a while ago after trying the demo. Then I bought a few DLC from steam and a few from the FG store. All of them worked fine, untill I purchased and installed the ultimate upgrade over steam. Now non of my steam DLC show in my library and also they don't appear inside FG either. The launcher says ultimate version, so the upgrade was successful, and stuff I bought from the FG store also work fine, but the steam add-ons don't appear during an update. They're also deleted from the data folder. When I check the steam store pages for the DLC I bought, it says they're already in my library... It seems like steam treats the ultimate version like a seperate game and does not associate the DLC I bought while using the full version with the ultimate version, because when I click play on steam, a window pops up showing two different key codes for full and ultimate.

(The check steam for DLC box IS ticked, and my steam client is running. And I know I have to activate modules from inside the library.)

Zacchaeus
March 22nd, 2016, 17:31
The most likely explanation is that you have the wrong code entered into your settings. Make sure that you have the Ultimate license key in the 'License key' box. If you are sure that you have the correct key entered then email [email protected]

draion
March 22nd, 2016, 17:34
It says "ultimate" in the upper right corner of the launch screen. I guess that's proof that I have the correct code right?

Trenloe
March 22nd, 2016, 17:53
It says "ultimate" in the upper right corner of the launch screen. I guess that's proof that I have the correct code right?
Yeah, that sounds right.

After you've ran an update open the FG App Data directory (click the folder icon in the top right of the FG launch screen) and open the update.log file. Scroll to the end and see if there are any error messages regarding Steam update.

draion
March 22nd, 2016, 20:39
I'm in touch with Doug via e-mail as suggested by Zacchaeus above, and I've also sent him the log file. There are no error messages but the updater simply doesn't recognize the steam DLCs. They don't appear in the file. Only the ultimate upgrade does.

draion
March 22nd, 2016, 20:54
I'm thinking of asking for a refund for the DLCs and re-purchasing them again, but according to steam's refund policy, the title/DLC has to be played less than 2 hours, which is not my case. Otherwise they will investigate and see if they approve, which will probably take like a week at least... But hey, I had to cancel today's game anyway :mad: