PDA

View Full Version : LFG: Pathfinder or D&D 5E - EST

Taliseer
March 22nd, 2016, 13:47
Time Zone:
EST -5:00

Times to Play:
M-F 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm, Sundays 12:00 pm - 10:00 pm

LFG or LFP: Looking for a group to play with, long term campaign preferred but I'm open to anything.

FG License:
Ultimate License

Voice:
No issues using voice chat (Vent, Teamspeak, Discord)

Game System Preferred:
D&D 5th edition, Pathfinder

Game System Experience:
1 year with D&D 5E, 7 years with Pathfinder

Personal information:

Greetings everyone, I’m new to the Fantasy Grounds community but not new to role-playing games. I’m in my early 40’s but I’m still a teenager at heart :). My history both as a player and DM/GM goes back to the 2nd edition AD&D days and virtually everything since then, aside from 4th edition. I currently GM a Pathfinder campaign that meets every other Saturday night at my home, yes with books, miniatures, battlemats, and four players I’ve known for over 15 years, some since my childhood. Why am I here? Simple, I’m looking for a Pathfinder or D&D 5th edition game to play in. I’ve been lurking in these forums for a week now, hoping to find something in the Eastern Time zone during the week, after 6:00 PM and doesn’t run too late 11:00 PM or so, or something on Friday evenings which can run as late as needed.

I’m experienced with Pathfinder, both as a player but far more as a GM. I’m also familiar with D&D 5th edition, however I’d like to gets some more games under my belt before running any games. My goal, to find a game to play in, 5E or Pathfinder; in the end I’d like to become a regular GM/DM here but I’m very new to Fantasy Grounds and need to get a handle on it before jumping in to running games with it. I’m an IT systems administrator professionally, so learning the application doesn’t seem too difficult, but I’d rather experience it as a player for a bit first.

So with that, if anyone can accommodate and has an open spot or a new game, I’d be happy to join depending on the day/time, but I can’t do Saturdays due to my own RL game. Thanks for the consideration and may all your rolls be 20’s!

Taliseer
March 23rd, 2016, 19:16
Bumping in hopes of a response :p

Nevet33
March 23rd, 2016, 23:29
Hi and welcome Taliseer,

Like you, I am trying to get some players for an intro (lvl 1-5) campaign of DnD 5e to get a feel for FG. I am new DMing and to FG. I do have an Ultimate Licence and a majority of the extras for DnD so you would not have to do the paid version if you did not want. I would like to be the DM for this campaign. And would like to try and get something together relatively quickly (this Friday if possible) and then maybe work on every other Friday.

The game calendar can be located here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1908

Let me know if you are interested. Good Luck.