PDA

View Full Version : Xianxia ruleset WIP

ghostpeople
March 22nd, 2016, 02:30
Note - I am currently just getting the foundation for the ruleset made, feel free to make comments about different parts, I'll be making and posting the ruleset once I first learn how, and secondly get enough information collected and put together for a viable ruleset with at least several levels of play able to be played. Note as the novels I am basing this on get more translated I'll be adding more for the higher realms as those parts of the story are not yet told

I am taking inspiration from Xianxia stories like I Shall Seal The Heavens, and a few stories from IEatTomatoes like Desolate Era

About Xianxia - in china a new fantasy story type has become increasingly common, in this story martial artist transcend mortality to the world of mortal immortals (killable gods).

Generally includes; the cultivation of inner energy (qi), soul, and body, understanding the natural world (Dao), lots of sects/rouge cultivators/clans/independent cities, multiple realms, dangerous magical beasts/companions, magical items - weapons/pills/flying ships/+ lots more,

(will increase in detail later)
Multiple levels/realms; -
Houtian, mortal, generally called so if they practice martial arts, but not a cultivation technique, lifespan of 100 years
Qi Condensation (Ningqi) 1 - 15, This is the realm where cultivation starts from being mortals, lifespan increases about 10 years every 5 levels
Foundation Establishment (zhuji) 1-10; lifespan increased to 200 years, with ten more per level increase
Core Formation (JieDan), lifespan increased to 500 - 1000 years
Nascent Soul (yuanying), lifespan 1000 years
Spirit Severing (zhanling), lifespan ~1500 years

(going to change as needed)
Monsters (demons) - once they start cultivating they do so at a slower pace of humans about 1/3 the speed, but have life spans of ten times cultivators of the same level and are stronger then cultivators of the same level in terms of strength and Qi, Often hunted by cultivators to use their bodies for making treasures, better with higher realms and type, inside each demon is a core which can be used to increase cultivation
Monster types -
Ordinary - creatures from the earth with nothing special
Special - creatures with abilities, uncommon
Unique - a creature born with a gift from the heavens, greater abilities and at least one rare ability, born at low vicious beast level, born with an 8 year old human intelligence (does not mean acts like an 8 year old)
Ancient - creatures with an ancient bloodline, multiple rare abilities, born at Vicious beast level, rapidly advances to Demonic beast level, born with an 12 year old human cultivator intelligence
Divine - creatures with the bloodline of a god beast, several divine innate abilities, many rare abilities, born at Vicious beast level, rapidly advances to Greater (Demon) beast level, born with 20 year old human cultivator intelligence
Primordial - creatures of a bloodline at dates back to the creation of the universe/planets, born at Vicious beast level, rapidly advances to Heavenly (Demon) beast level,

Monster realms -
ordinary beasts - animals like dogs, bears, tigers, elephans
vicious beast - animals that begin to cultivate, Qi realm for beasts,
demonic beast - Foundation realm for beasts, powerful, intelligent, and cruel
Greater demonic beast - Core realm for beasts,
Heavenly Demonic Beast - Nascent Soul for beasts
Celestial Demonic Beast - Spirit Severing level for beasts,

(adding more as I find them in stories and think of them)
Daos - There are greater and lesser Daos, with all water begin a Greater and rain water being a lesser
5 elements - metal, wood, water, fire, earth
Wind,snow, thunder lightning - not one of the five elements in ancient China
Chaos - the opposite of yin and yang,
Yin/Yan - moon and sun, together make balance
Weapons - swords/bows/sabers/daggers/spears ect
Formations - setting up restrictions/traps (will try to explane better later)
Constructs - Machines that use Qi and rare materials, golems/flying ships
hard/soft - hitting a diamond/ hitting water, speed control
time - rare, time always goes forward, but can be slowed and sped up, can see and hear the past
space - rare, sought after to make storage devices and miniature worlds
illusion - the energy and realm of the mind

damned
March 22nd, 2016, 02:39
Welcome ghostpeople! You have your work cut out for you and I wish you much success - it looks like an interesting system.