PDA

View Full Version : After Tyranny of Dragons.....what next??

Patou
March 21st, 2016, 15:07
Hi peoples...:)

I wanted your opinion on what I should do next out of three selections I have made among my 2nd Edition collection. I will be re-vamping the module for Fantasy Grounds and updating the maps. everything to fit 5E. I wanted to know which one I should pick from these three?

Note: I won't be selling this. My personal use. Wanted your feedback on which to choose.

drakonin
March 22nd, 2016, 16:24
Paladin in hell, not enough high level campaigns as it is. That and losing memories makes for some good RP.

Diceman
March 22nd, 2016, 16:34
Hi peoples...:)

I wanted your opinion on what I should do next out of three selections I have made among my 2nd Edition collection. I will be re-vamping the module for Fantasy Grounds and updating the maps. everything to fit 5E. I wanted to know which one I should pick from these three?

Note: I won't be selling this. My personal use. Wanted your feedback on which to choose.

Even though I have been playing D&D since 1979 I admit I am not familiar with any of the three modules you are considering. From a practical perspective, I would start with the one with the most linear story line, with the easiest to recreate maps, and monsters, magic items that already have direct counterparts in the 5E Monster Manual and Game Master's Guide.

If you own PDF versions of those modules it should be just a matter of cut and pasting your story elements directly into Fantasy Grounds and then formatting your encounters, parcels etc. I recommend that you enter your information into Fantasy Grounds in a dummy campaign and then use the export function to create your own modules that you can then use over and over again in multiply campaigns in the future.

Patou
March 22nd, 2016, 17:19
Even though I have been playing D&D since 1979 I admit I am not familiar with any of the three modules you are considering. From a practical perspective, I would start with the one with the most linear story line, with the easiest to recreate maps, and monsters, magic items that already have direct counterparts in the 5E Monster Manual and Game Master's Guide.

If you own PDF versions of those modules it should be just a matter of cut and pasting your story elements directly into Fantasy Grounds and then formatting your encounters, parcels etc. I recommend that you enter your information into Fantasy Grounds in a dummy campaign and then use the export function to create your own modules that you can then use over and over again in multiply campaigns in the future.

That is exactly my plan. I have the originals and two out of the three are pdf's that I can copy\paste but unfortunately I would need to scan all of my Dragon Mountain Module in the format that allows you to copy text after...which I have no idea how?)

Patou
March 22nd, 2016, 17:20
Paladin in hell, not enough high level campaigns as it is. That and losing memories makes for some good RP.

That is the one I am definitely looking at also. Never DM'd it but I have heard some really good stuff from other DM's

Diceman
March 22nd, 2016, 21:36
That is exactly my plan. I have the originals and two out of the three are pdf's that I can copy\paste but unfortunately I would need to scan all of my Dragon Mountain Module in the format that allows you to copy text after...which I have no idea how?)

Provided your pdf's are not image scans, but rich text formatted, you should be able to highlight text from your pdf using Control-C and then using Control-V to paste into a story entry in Fantasy Grounds.
I would watch the tutorial videos already available on this site that will answer most of your "How" questions.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Videos

Patou
March 23rd, 2016, 14:29
Provided your pdf's are not image scans, but rich text formatted, you should be able to highlight text from your pdf using Control-C and then using Control-V to paste into a story entry in Fantasy Grounds.
I would watch the tutorial videos already available on this site that will answer most of your "How" questions.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Videos

Unfortunately the PDF file is not rich text. I do own it though and would have to see about how to set my scanner to scan it. I know DriveThruRPG does say how to do this for thoses who want to submit scanned classics. Will check it out.

kylania
March 23rd, 2016, 14:54
Good Ol' Dragon Mountain!

leozelig
March 24th, 2016, 00:51
I am not familiar with any of these, but if I were in your group, I would push for Paladin in Hell. I wouldn't be disappointed with Dragon Mountain though.

Patou
March 24th, 2016, 01:46
Thanks for the advice.... the call is going to be between Dragon Mountain and a Paladin in Hell... ouuufff... Tough call

Diceman
March 24th, 2016, 09:50
Here are some links to the FG youtube channel and two of the community developers youtube channels. All are really helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmUrE2JKrLMzAjnylWlIyyA
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmlMwM9IZb5e85ziAqIITEQ
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-pNvUFwsrAHTtuQna02FEA

Patou
March 24th, 2016, 19:32
Thanks for the videos!! was already on it:)