PDA

View Full Version : While we await Unity with bated breath (sorry, I'll brush) ...

Varsuuk
March 21st, 2016, 02:42
Do any of you know of a good application that I can put on my Windows box and/or Macbook to "broadcast" to an iPad I can pass around for folks to look at maps etc.

Basically, without special support, something that lets me mirror the screen would work for my needs because I can just expand the map or graphic to full screen etc to pass it around.

I recall talk on this from some of the staff in a very old post, but not sure if they found it to work well enough to continue.
Opensource/Free is nice, but "working smoothly" is worth the cash to me.

maugrim8866
March 21st, 2016, 04:29
Do any of you know of a good application that I can put on my Windows box and/or Macbook to "broadcast" to an iPad I can pass around for folks to look at maps etc.

Basically, without special support, something that lets me mirror the screen would work for my needs because I can just expand the map or graphic to full screen etc to pass it around.

I recall talk on this from some of the staff in a very old post, but not sure if they found it to work well enough to continue.
Opensource/Free is nice, but "working smoothly" is worth the cash to me.

This looks promising, it would let you add an iPad as a second display and pass that around.
https://www.duetdisplay.com/

Varsuuk
March 21st, 2016, 06:07
Yes, that's the name I saw one of SW folks talking about trying out.

Never heard if it ended up being valuable/helpful vs awkward.

It's $10, but the ONLY reason I'd buy this is to connect to my MBP while at table. I use Win10 on Windows pcs so I hear even if I had a use case, it wouldn't work