PDA

View Full Version : Profile Suggestion...

gurney9999
May 4th, 2005, 16:50
Everyone looking for a game or looking to DM a game... maybe use the "Interests" field to state what days/times (GMT) that you would be up for playing?

Or maybe the board admins could add some fields to the profile so we can place this info in using drop down lists?

Looking to Play? Yes/No
Looking to DM? Yes/No
Best days of week to play:
Best times to play

I know this site won't become the next neverwinter connections but we could facililtate player matching through our profiles (especially as the community grows!)

unslopogaas
May 5th, 2005, 11:47
Good idea. Forum posting can be an absurdly inefficient way of organising games, especially when there are different time zones and many people only have a few spare slots per week for gaming.

Graiskye
September 5th, 2005, 22:54
This sounds like a good idea, there are a lot f people lookingfor GM's, and Games.
Unloppagas, I agree that while the forum board isnt the most conductive to speedy game setups, but I dont see how we can get along without it, all I mean is if you know a better way, share please, I need one. :) Grai

gurney9999
September 6th, 2005, 20:58
Neverwinter Connections (https://www.neverwinterconnections.com)is the best example of a matching system I have used, but that site of course is only for use with Neverwinter Nights. If this community grows though maybe someone would do something similar for FG.

:)

Stormbow
September 14th, 2005, 00:46
UPDATE: The developers here have increased our sig. character count to 1,000. (See below.)

I took your idea and used it. Check out my profile (below).

[b]Wanna Play?[/b] [color=dodgerblue]Yes[/color] [b]Wanna DM?[/b] [color=dodgerblue]Not yet[/color] [b]Best day to play:[/b] [color=dodgerblue]Most[/color] [b]Best time to play:[/b] [color=dodgerblue]Varies[/color]
This is 214 characters (behind the scenes) and 82 after production.
* * * * Need to count your character use fast? Click here (https://www.codeave.com/javascript/count_characters.html) * * * *

Note: "dodgerblue" isn't in the font colours list, but it works when added to your code by hand. Using something like "blue", "green", or whatnot will shorten your sig and allow you to save room for other sig things.

I suppose it could be made shorter... (141 characters):

[b]Play?[/b] [color=red]Y[/color] [b]DM?[/b] [color=red]N[/color] [b]Days:[/b] [color=red]Sat[/color] [b]Time:[/b] [color=red]8pm EST[/color]
Play? Y DM? N Days: Sat Time: 8pm EST

Alkaven
September 14th, 2005, 01:16
It sounds like a fairly simple system to build. If I had a web host and a lisenced or free database, I'd put one together meself. A really useful tool.

kepli
September 14th, 2005, 07:53
For the time being I addopted Stormbow's idea :wink:
Thanks.

cogollo
September 14th, 2005, 10:04
Just testing my profile

Stormbow
September 14th, 2005, 10:35
Just testing my profile
Good idea adding games. I'm usin' that idea too now.

I moved the games list down a line for appearance.
Changed my colors to red to save space.
I've got 5 characters to spare. :lol:

SalmonElla
September 14th, 2005, 13:21
Just testing signature block.

gurney9999
September 14th, 2005, 15:59
request... if the powers that be do not add something like this to our profiles, can you allow for more characters within a signature?

joshuha
September 14th, 2005, 16:22
If I were to work on a FG player matching service what would be a good domain name?

Does www.FGmatchup.com work for you guys? Note this may not happen sometime soon but something I can work on during the weekends.

Ged
September 14th, 2005, 18:51
request... if the powers that be do not add something like this to our profiles, can you allow for more characters within a signature?

Request heard and the max signature length is now set to 1000 characters.

If I were to work on a FG player matching service what would be a good domain name?

Does www.FGmatchup.com work for you guys? Note this may not happen sometime soon but something I can work on during the weekends.

This is also something we are working on to add to this site, but you are naturally free to implement the idea, or you can opt for waiting for what we come up with :D

Stormbow
September 14th, 2005, 19:25

Sweet! Thank you!!

This is also something we are working on to add to this site, but you are naturally free to implement the idea, or you can opt for waiting for what we come up with :D

Hahahaha FGmatchup sounds like a dating website name. Maybe FGgamers.com? In the meantime, I just addeed Fantasy Grounds to my games played list at the https://www.accessdenied.net gamer database.

Aladane
September 14th, 2005, 19:35
Testing new profile

Stuart
September 14th, 2005, 21:52
Testing profile

Alkaven
September 20th, 2005, 15:43
Hm... Still feels like I'm putting too much information. However, that's almost all the information I want to show.

gurney9999
September 20th, 2005, 18:50

Wow. Great stuff!

Estin
September 20th, 2005, 21:04
also testing...;)