PDA

View Full Version : How to end a combat?

Tiqon
March 20th, 2016, 19:24
Ran a fun game today :).

I was left with one issue though:

The last thing that happened in one combat was that the ranger drew a joker and killed the last extra. End of combat.... Normally I just keep the CT as it is and when the next combat starts I just add new opponents and press next round.

We kept playing and then I asked them all to roll for a skill check. The ranger now got a +2 on his check....

I tried to figure out how to reset the combat tracker WITHOUT removing all pc and such (as I like them to stay on the maps to move around and ready for the next combat).

So what do you guys do when a fight have ended?

Mask_of_winter
March 21st, 2016, 00:14
In the case of a Joker being drawn I just click next round until there aren't any Jokers.

Ikael
March 21st, 2016, 10:52
In case of Joker bonus, it's only applied if the combat tracker is open for the player. If you use the option "Minitrackers: Host controls" (which _is_ enabled by default), then you can just close the combat tracker and it will be closed for all players as well. This is the approach I use.

This trick also work for the effect modifiers.

Tiqon
March 21st, 2016, 11:51
Hey you two. Thanks for your answers.

@Mask Of Winter: Yeah I do that too.... if I remember ;). Trouble is if I forget and ask the player to reroll they get upset! "I JUST WASTED A ROLL!" heh, players....

@Ikael: Oh nice to know :).

jshauber
March 21st, 2016, 13:53
Combat shouldn't end as long as there are PCs alive. Recycle the extras back in as zombies and continue until previous conditions are met...Or do like the other guys suggest if you are a "nice GM".