PDA

View Full Version : I received a Paizo add and saw some FG modules

Varsuuk
March 20th, 2016, 03:16
In particular, they had a Island A-00 or something adventure that seemed good for a small beginner thing.
It was for FG. You already have it for PF and 3.5 in the store. I'd rather buy it from you guys and wondering if it is coming down the pike from them to you?

My son had his first tabletop session the other week and liked it but want to continue with more dungeons fare so game is more concrete than too biased for role play. He loves role play but I want him to know more about the world/concepts and action to get into it more.

I am about to go away on vacation and figured I'd play my first FG during FG-Con but after that I will be training FG at home with the family and figured a small "outside the campaign" game or three might be good to get me up to speed and let my son and wife learn the UI.
Then I will probably bust out the LMoP :) I've been holding on (or Scourge, both are in the wings waiting to be used.) PotA I am saving for my more "expert days" so I can perhaps tie it into the old ToEE in some more direct way... I'm thinking Fall...

Trenloe
March 20th, 2016, 03:56
I'd rather buy it from you guys and wondering if it is coming down the pike from them to you?
Assuming you're referring to the AAW games scenario Crow's Rest Island (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=AAWFGA00)then, yes, it is provided from AAW for sale in the FG store.

If you're wanting to play something that is designed for teaching how to play, then the AAW BASIC series is pretty god: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/?sys=-1&pub=22&typ=-1&search=basic&sort=1 and has some fun themes to play through.

If you're looking for a more traditional adventure series aimed at learning to play, then the 0One Games basic paths series is well worth checking out: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/?sys=-1&pub=-1&typ=-1&search=PFRPG+basic+paths&sort=1

Varsuuk
March 20th, 2016, 16:15
D'oh... I really need to stop doing all my forum reading/writing late at night in bed. (I wish myself luck finding time - at least this week I'm on vacation though.

Going to edit original post to correct it. I had meant to say that saw an ad from them for a 5e game A00 which seemed like a good simple Trial game that might be fun (trying to keep a 9 year old's fantasy experience attention focused, I started us on tabletop with DDEX1-3 and it was fun but I also kept it to one short mission because a lot of setup time was involved waiting on 3 of the chars to be created/explained.)

So I was looking for 5e suggestion for small/fun/archetypical maybe with dungeon too adventure (I love Phandalin but waiting for more skill on all our parts)

I might add that my boy was he one who asked why should we trust the Harper "agent" to be who he said he was without proof. Once shown the pin, my friend explained the background of what it represented. Feeling it could be presented by anyone, my son insisted upon seeing his face to at least know who they were dealing with. Of course, that his suspicions were allayed simply because the agent was a Half-Elf just shows that he has the logic of a child (Mom's Bard is a half-elf, sooo....)

Zacchaeus
March 20th, 2016, 16:20
If you are looking for short 5e adventures then the store has a few conversions of Legendary Games titles. Most of them can be played over a couple of sessions I'd think apart from 'The Assimilation Strain' which is a rather larger affair. The titles are in my signature block :)

Varsuuk
March 20th, 2016, 23:59
Which, if any, might you recommend to use to introduce a very young player (turns 9 next week) to FG playing.
As I mentioned before, he has only played one time, due to vacation and friends operation, our next tabletop won't be until mid April. But was hoping to just run a local game with him and wife after FG-Con to get them used to FG (me too...) and wanted to get a "simple" adventure with thrills and perhaps dungeoning to get him psyched. His RPing focus is secondary at the start since he needs to learn what this is all about.

Hence was looking for something "fast to action" and with a nice "archtypical" setting that shows some of the fun.

Nylanfs
March 21st, 2016, 12:36
We be Goblins (https://paizo.com/products/btpy8j5w) is fun and hilarious