PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 New Player - EST - 5e - Weekly or Biweekly preferred

khuorin
March 19th, 2016, 18:53
FG License: Ultimate

Time Zone: EST

Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: I am looking for an evening game - weeknights I have from 6:30 - 11 PM EST, weekends are open

Term: I don't plan to dabble. I will be fully committed for a trial campaign - or fully joining a group indefinitely.

Voice: Yes I have voice - don't own a webcam but will purchase if need be. I can also use my phone for video I am sure.

Game System Preferred: D&D 5e, Anything else you would be willing to teach a polite and fast learner.

Game System Experience: D&D 5e, *I have created a character with a DM friends help*

Fantasy Grounds Experience: New to this software - rapid learner and fairly proficient in most UI that I come across.

Character Type Preferred: Anything. Extremely open minded and see the beauty in variety!

About me:

I am extremely open minded and have many layers to my personality.
I am a 31 year old Canadian male who is young at heart.
I have always wanted to play D&D but have never gotten the chance to try.
I am a polite and respectful player.
I practice due diligence and put in the preparation I need to be up to speed.
I am ever-cognizant of the time we put in as a group, and the time spent by the DM in preparing our adventure.
I am a versatile roleplayer who has had little opportunity to put this passion into practice.
I love improvisation.
I would enjoy playing any role that I can in your party.

Looking forward to hearing from you!! Have a great weekend!

damned
March 20th, 2016, 03:10
Welcome khuorin.

D&D 5e is definitely the big Kahuna. Games fill up very quickly and only occasionally do GMs approach players directly as their games often fill teh same day they are posted. So your best bet is to be active and to view posts dailya nd apply to any/all that look like they match your gaming needs/availability.

Do not be afraid to try other systems - Call of Cthulhu, Savage Worlds, Pathfinder etc. Different systems and different genres. There is a lot of really fun stuff happening all the time.

We are also running a Fantasy Grounds Convention in 3 weeks time. Lots and lots of stuff to try!

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/fgcon8-banner-05.jpg (https://www.fg-con.com/events/)
FG Con 8 – Invite A Friend April 8-10th 2016
Register at www.fg-con.com (https://www.fg-con.com/) for all the latest info.

khuorin
March 21st, 2016, 01:37
Thanks so much for the response. I will definitely be checking out the convention. I appreciate the warm welcome!

I am open to basically any system - the only problem being I don't want to be a liability in learning it. I wonder if you or anyone have any tips for me to get a good base of general knowledge so that I can hop in and contribute in more than 5e. I think I might just do some research and then spend some time either creating characters or watching each game be played on youtube or twitch if I am lucky.

Once again thanks for reaching out and have a great week!

damned
March 21st, 2016, 01:50
3 out of 4 GMs dont mind a new player. We were all new once (or more than once as we swap to new game systems!).
Always let the GM know you are new as they may want you to join in a little early for some quick overview etc or in the case that the game isnt suitable for a new player. :)

ladyaelphaba
March 21st, 2016, 12:01
I'm currently looking for one player for a Call of Cthulhu game. If you're interested, let me know.. We meet Sunday 10am, est. It's ok if you have no knowledge of the system... All you really need to know is that it is less combat heavy and more role play than dnd. At least, I like to play it that way. Let me know if you are interested!

khuorin
March 21st, 2016, 13:43
Yes absolutely. I will do some research prior to Sunday and be ready to go. Let me know the full details via PM.

Thanks and have a great day!