PDA

View Full Version : Paranoia Ruleset

mariic
March 19th, 2016, 04:55
Are there any rulesets for Paranoia? I can't seem to find any.

damned
March 19th, 2016, 06:47
No. Use CoreRPG + MoreCore.
I have a half done Paranoia ruleset but I wont get back to it this year.

seycyrus
April 26th, 2017, 02:58
Hey Damned, just wondering if you were still thinking about finishing up your paranoia ruleset?

damned
April 26th, 2017, 04:52
Hey Damned, just wondering if you were still thinking about finishing up your paranoia ruleset?

Id use MoreCore ruleset. I cant see myself ever getting back to do a full Paranoia ruleset.
What are the actual Dice Mechanics you need?

seycyrus
April 26th, 2017, 12:05
Id use MoreCore ruleset. I cant see myself ever getting back to do a full Paranoia ruleset.
What are the actual Dice Mechanics you need?

I apologize, but I'm not exactly certain how to best answer your question.

The reason I ask is because a player in my gaming group wants to take a turn DMing with Paranoia, and is looking to use a competitor's product. I keep getting drawn to that snazzy theme and character sheet you once showed off, and was just hoping.

damned
April 26th, 2017, 12:07
I can build a roller for the skills - but I dont know how the combat rolls work.
If you can tell me what the combat dice rolls are and how they are worked out I will try and put something together for you.

seycyrus
April 27th, 2017, 02:28
Thanks for the reply, Damned. I'm taking a look at the rules now. Do you know what version of Paranoia you used for the character sheets? On a related note, I ALWAYS lose track of the thread where you showcase your paranoia theme and character sheet. Do you happen to have a link to it?

damned
April 27th, 2017, 02:56
Hey mate - Im building you a new one - I have the MoreCore theme about 50% done and I will do the skill rolls tonight.
My char sheet is actually based on Paranoia XP I believe...
Basically I need to know how Combat Rolls should work. There is no opposed roll checks in MoreCore due to its universality so it can roll against a static target and report the Roll and Result or if no fixed target it will declare the Roll only. Paranoia does use Modifiers so the rolls will need to accept modifiers in my scripts. I believe all rolls are d20 based but I need some more info on the combat side of things.
I am away this weekend so if I dont complete it tonight you wont get it till next week some time.

seycyrus
April 27th, 2017, 03:35
Damned, in case I don't show it, I do appreciate your help and all your work.

Combat rolls are 1d20 against the weapon skill (lower is success, 1 is a critical success). The weapon skill can be modified. Margins of success (MoS) is important.

I don't know what is possible, but just in case ...,

In determining damage, each weapon automatically does a Minimum Damage (dependent on the weapon), which is a number from 0 to 6.

Each weapon also has a "Boost" value. This number ranges from 1 to 6

Extra Damage = MoS / Boost (round down to lower whole number)

The weapons Actual Damage is Minimum Damage + Extra Damage.

damned
May 1st, 2017, 01:13
Hi seycyrus - turns out the version of Paranoia I was building for (which I have sadly never played) is very loose on Combat - in fact I dont even think they have hit points!

The Char Sheet Im working on has 9 Rolls fields. It is not yet finished. I need to think about how we can do your damage roll above...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18771

seycyrus
May 1st, 2017, 03:10
Damned,

Thanks for your help. One thing right off the bat ... no need to have race and age. In paranoia everyone is (supposed to be ) human, and age is irrelevant. Should replace it with Service Group. You might want to go with the front page just having Character info and the Action Skills and Knowledge Skills, in a similar way that you did on the one character sheet you were working on before. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22380-Paranoia-kick-starter-Oct-24th-2014&highlight=paranoia , post #7.

Paranoia IS very loose on combat. Those number results of 0-6 are meant to represent "Okay, Snafu, Wounded, Maimed, Down, Killed, and Vaporized".

I sent you a PM.