PDA

View Full Version : Steam Client update, Script Error, Ruleset Error

Groundsel
March 18th, 2016, 14:21
Hello

I installed the demo version of FG from Steam, and have run across some errors I need help fixing. My machine is running Windows 7 64bit Home version.

On initial startup, I got this error:

Steam Client Unavailable
Unable to access Steam Client

If using Windows, please login to Steam and update again, or disable Steam DLC option in Settings.

If on Mac or Linux, please note that Steam LC is not compatible. Please contact (the support email address, the forum would not let me include that part)

I was still logged onto Steam at the time. I have rebooted the program, the Steam program, and the computer. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the program. Disabling Steam DLC option allowed me to get past this update window.

Next, I loaded the built in 5E adventure for a test run. While trying to start an encounter, I received this error:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_combat.lua"]:762: addToken: Parameter 2 is not the name of a valid token.
I see that the included PCs all had a token, but none of the NPCs did. Going to the token tab on the bottom right showed nothing inside of it. Could be related to the failed Steam DLC but I don't know.

Lastly, I loaded the included 4E adventure. I was able to load an encounter (Monstrous Spider, Bjorn, Celeste), run the initiative check, and start the actual combat. The spider went first and things played out as expected. Bjorn's turn was next, and when trying to use an attack, as well as opening his inventory tab, gave me multiples of this error:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_combat.lua"]:762: addToken: Parameter 2 is not the name of a valid token.

I haven't looked further into this program yet, hopefully the later errors are caused by the initial DLC update error.

Small sidenote: How do we exit the program once it is maximized? ALT F4 doesn't do anything, ALT Enter doesn't cancel the full screen, I have been doing it by alt tabbing and closing from a right click on the Windows task bar or by going to task manager.

Thanks for any help you can offer

Nylanfs
March 18th, 2016, 17:03
Right click and exit is on the radial dial.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling with admin privileges.

Groundsel
March 18th, 2016, 17:24
Thanks for the exit command, I figured it would be something simple. I originally installed with admin privileges, so that wasn't the cause of the problem.

Trenloe
March 18th, 2016, 17:29
The tokens for the creatures rely on the 5E SRD Bestiary module, which you can't access from the demo. You can get around this error by pre-assigning tokens from the letter token module in the encounter entry before adding the encounter.

Groundsel
March 19th, 2016, 00:51
That made it work, thanks!