PDA

View Full Version : Empowered Spell and Metamagic tracking

Sluncho
March 17th, 2016, 10:39
Hello,

I'm quite new to FG and am currently in my first campaign in LMoP.

I've leveled up a sorcerer to level 3, but I cant see any way to track sorcerer points and specifically - Metamagic options.

Can anyone help me with ways to track them and how to make use of empowered spell Metamagic. I spend around 2h with google and the wiki, but could not find any explanation how to re-roll certain dice from a result.

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong thread.

Thanks in advance.

Zacchaeus
March 17th, 2016, 12:02
Hi, Sluncho and welcome to Fantasy Grounds and the community.

You are in exactly the right forum. Firstly can I point this out (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27355-Effects-the-Complete-Sorcerer-s-Package) to you; it's a guide for Sorcerer effects and if you download the character sheet it shows you there how to set up the sorcery points.

There isn't really any way to automate the Metamagic features for the Sorcerer. Most of them don't actually need them anyway. As for the re-roll that will have to be done manually; there isn't a way to automate it. It's probably easiest to make the rolls without targeting the NPC, and then you won't have to bother altering the damage if you decide to reroll. Once you have the right roll you can drag (or your DM can) the damage from chat onto the target.

Sluncho
March 17th, 2016, 19:45
Thanks for the response :)

I thought there should be a way to track those as I think sorcery points and metamagic are one of the more complicated resources. Hopefully they will introduce some way to reroll part of a dice roll. If I ever get to the fireball it might slow dont the game a lot on my turns.

Cheers

Zacchaeus
March 17th, 2016, 20:45
Thanks for the response :)

I thought there should be a way to track those as I think sorcery points and metamagic are one of the more complicated resources. Hopefully they will introduce some way to reroll part of a dice roll. If I ever get to the fireball it might slow dont the game a lot on my turns.

Cheers

I think you will ultimately find that, although re-rolling some dice sounds like a good plan the other meta-magic features are a lot more valuable. Twinned Spell, quickened spell and careful spell are the ones that shine for me. Rerolling a few fireball dice doesn't really stack up against the increased potency of the other features.

As you say though when casting a fireball and with the possibility of re-rolling up to 5 dice is going to be a pest. Especially when you factor in things like failed and/or successful saving throws, resistances etc. I can't think of any easy way to do it. It would also be a complete nightmare to program something like that too so it's no wonder that it's not built in.