PDA

View Full Version : LFP (5e) Road to Destiny - an adventure for 2nd-level characters, by: Legendary Games

Reese_Kracus
March 17th, 2016, 04:14
FG License: Ultimate
Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time
Day of week and time: Wednesday 8pm-12am
Planned start date: 3-23-16
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: 4 hours every week until completed

Text or Voice: Voice preferred
Voice software used: Discord (free: has browser based, desktop, and mobile app available) https://discordapp.com/

Number of Players in game & needed: Running a party of 5 or 6. Alternates are welcome.
Character starting level & equipment: 2nd level w/ standard starting equipment & gold
Character restrictions: Standard ability scores or 27-point buy system. All character options from PHB, SCAG, EEPG, CoS.

Details of your scenario: A legacy of death bears bitter fruit in the northern coastlands, as brothers long separated rise to the call of their darkling heritage. A new destiny has arisen in the west that threatens to shake the foundations of an empire half a world away, but not if Ranulfr the White Wolf and his one-eyed sibling can waylay these would-be heroes on their road to destiny! Bandits hound their steps, driving them from danger to danger, until their road reaches its bitter and bloody end - for them or their enemies!

-----------------

CURRENT ROSTER
dubbomale: Dragonborn, Warlock
Gertak: halfling, warlock/cleric/bard hybrid
Mixylplyx: Dwarf, Rogue
Billy: Goliath, Barbarian
mingar: Wood Elf, cleric
Trentis: Human, Monk

ALTERNATES

damned
March 17th, 2016, 04:42
Woot - welcome Reese_Kracus and good choice - Legendary Games make some good stuff.

Huddagh
March 17th, 2016, 19:21
Hey there Reese - sounds interesting. Would a human ranged fighter be fit for the campaign? Thanks.

Reese_Kracus
March 18th, 2016, 02:17
hi Huddagh, yes a human ranger/fighter would be fine.

CaptainArcana
March 18th, 2016, 05:13
Hi Reese, I'm interested. I have 6 characters of various types available or will create something suitable.

Reese_Kracus
March 18th, 2016, 07:14
Hi Reese, I'm interested. I have 6 characters of various types available or will create something suitable.

Ok sounds good, I'll edit the main post with current roster slots

Reese_Kracus
March 18th, 2016, 07:15
Hey there Reese - sounds interesting. Would a human ranged fighter be fit for the campaign? Thanks.

Let me know if your definitely going to play or not so that I can hold a spot.

dubbomale
March 18th, 2016, 07:36
i am interested

CaptainArcana
March 18th, 2016, 18:23
I can't decide between these two, so you can decide which would be more suitable: Human Rogue (Pirate) or Human Fighter (Soldier - Cavalry)
Discord has been downloaded. My username is CaptainArcana, the server is Tome.
So pumped to get playing

Huddagh
March 18th, 2016, 19:54
Yes please! Thanks.

Metaleye
March 18th, 2016, 22:56
I don't know how to remove a reply I make on a post, so yeah, this can be ignored.

Reese_Kracus
March 19th, 2016, 03:01
i am interested
Hi dubbomale, if your available during that day/time slot then we have availability. Let me know.

Currently as posted in the LFP post, the group has a rogue and a ranger/fighter.

Reese_Kracus
March 19th, 2016, 03:02
NOTE: If we run out of slots I will also have some alternates listed in case of a no show.

dubbomale
March 19th, 2016, 10:22
i am available during that time is this in the game calender

Vandy
March 20th, 2016, 02:23
I would be interested in joining in. I'm thinking i would play a Human Life Cleric if you still have room.

dubbomale
March 20th, 2016, 05:23
ill play a warlock

Reese_Kracus
March 20th, 2016, 19:27
I would be interested in joining in. I'm thinking i would play a Human Life Cleric if you still have room.

I currently have you setup as an alternate, but have everything ready in case someone doesn't show up your in, which unfortunately happens many times.

CaptainArcana
March 20th, 2016, 19:39
hello all :)

Reese_Kracus
March 20th, 2016, 19:41
GAME NOTE for both current roster & alternates

As stated in the main post we will be using Discord for our main form of communication, so be sure to install it and have it working prior to Wednesday's game.

I'll send each of you a PM with a direct link into the voice channel, as well as my Fantasy Grounds server alias.

I'll have my server up Monday and Tuesday night after 8pm EST so that you can create your character or upload your character if you already have one created so that I can proof it. As stated in the main post we will be starting at character level 2.

CaptainArcana
March 20th, 2016, 19:42
My Discord account: https://discord.gg/0taiwbZ6Dh6jRxek

Billy
March 20th, 2016, 20:45
Hi players. I will be in the campaign after I figure out what I want to roll with.

Reese_Kracus
March 21st, 2016, 01:27
Hi players. I will be in the campaign after I figure out what I want to roll with.

Yes, Billy as a RL friend of mine that I run a different FG campaign with here in my home town. He asked me to run another campaign so that he can play more often, thus this campaign was born.

dubbomale
March 21st, 2016, 11:12
im ready for you on fantasy ground if you want to fix characters

CaptainArcana
March 21st, 2016, 18:33
Unfortunately I have overbooked my Wednesdays and will have to bow out of this game. Thank you for the opportunity to play

Reese_Kracus
March 22nd, 2016, 01:13

As it appears you are now in the current roster group as we had someone bow out. Are you still able to play every Wednesday?

Mixylplyx
March 22nd, 2016, 02:04
Just saw this. Time slot works for me. If you need a player, let me know. I'm partial to dwarven rogues, but I can fill any bill.

Reese_Kracus
March 22nd, 2016, 02:14
Just saw this. Time slot works for me. If you need a player, let me know. I'm partial to dwarven rogues, but I can fill any bill.

Sounds good Mixylplyx, I have you down as the Dwarf Rogue. I'm partial to a nice size party in case there are any no shows. roster edited.

Reese_Kracus
March 22nd, 2016, 02:26
GAME NOTE for both current roster & alternates

As stated in the main post we will be using Discord for our main form of communication, so be sure to install it and have it working prior to Wednesday's game.

I'll send each of you a PM with a direct link into the voice channel, as well as my Fantasy Grounds server alias.

I'll have my server up Monday and Tuesday night after 8pm EST so that you can create your character or upload your character if you already have one created so that I can proof it. As stated in the main post we will be starting at character level 2.
INFO:
To accommodate everyone I've decided to leave my server running from now(Monday) through Wednesday night so as to give everyone ample time to create there level 2 character on my server. I've sent everyone the FG server alias info.

mingar
March 22nd, 2016, 02:59
Hi Reese_Kracus

I would like to join your players if you have a place for me. I can play the character you choose for me don't mind any role. If you are interested let me know.

Mingar

Reese_Kracus
March 22nd, 2016, 03:44
Hi Reese_Kracus

I would like to join your players if you have a place for me. I can play the character you choose for me don't mind any role. If you are interested let me know.

Mingar

Hi Mingar, as the roster is taking shape I do indeed have room for you in the party. We need a cleric healer if you don't mind. I'll update the roster and send you the server info!

Trentis
March 22nd, 2016, 06:35
I would be interested in joining if you got room for 1 more. I am a intermediate player and have only played with 2 different groups.

Trentis
March 22nd, 2016, 07:12
i am interested in playing i am also new to the fantasy grounds forums. I have played with 2 different local groups and now want to meet others around the globe. I havent decided what i want to play but i like playing all classes so i can always fill a role.

Reese_Kracus
March 23rd, 2016, 01:17
i am interested in playing i am also new to the fantasy grounds forums. I have played with 2 different local groups and now want to meet others around the globe. I havent decided what i want to play but i like playing all classes so i can always fill a role.

Hi Trentis. I'm going to put you in as an alternate player for now, but don't let this discourage you because 2 different players have already moved into the roster from an alternate spot.

so what this means for you is that you'll need to do be ready to go like everyone else. the main post has details on times and a direct link for the Discord program needed for voice comms.

Also, you'll want to create a character on my server incase a spot opens up. I'll send you the info through PM.

EDIT: BTW: One person hasn't created their character yet, so you might be in the group already! The group needs another Melee class.

timdog88
March 27th, 2016, 21:44
Hey, I saw this post and was wondering if anyone could give me a little info about the module you guys are playing? I had 2 questions about it really: how long is it meant to be? From the description, I can't tell if it's a one-shot length or more like a campaign length. Also, what is your impression of the quality of the module? Would you recommend it? Thanks.

Reese_Kracus
March 29th, 2016, 01:01
Hey, I saw this post and was wondering if anyone could give me a little info about the module you guys are playing? I had 2 questions about it really: how long is it meant to be? From the description, I can't tell if it's a one-shot length or more like a campaign length. Also, what is your impression of the quality of the module? Would you recommend it? Thanks.

Last week was our first session, so it's not easy to comment just yet but I read plenty of reviews and knew what to expect. I'll PM you a link to the review. As far as length it is a sandbox adventure so it could be as small or large as you make it. Our adventure will most likely pan off in several different directions depending on the players. I don't like to railroad the my adventures.