PDA

View Full Version : SW v4.2.4 update and Deadlands Reloaded v2.2.2

Moon Wizard
March 16th, 2016, 22:10
These updates were just pushed live on the patch system. I'll let the developer (phantomwhale) provide you with more details on the updates.

Regards,
JPG

phantomwhale
March 16th, 2016, 22:29
These bug fix patches do the following:

Savage Worlds 4.2.4
* Language selector on chat window now has scrollbar, fixes https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=100255
* Minor bug fixes

Deadlands 2.2.2
* Added Fate Chip reset options to character selection window, fixes https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26841-Deadlands-chip-issue
* Fate Chips now work with soaking wounds

The last point is probably the most important / anticipated. Note that some of the soak buttons are ambiguous about which chip type you are using; it will try and pick White chips first, then Red chips, and finally Blue chips. Legend chips will never be automatically used.

More fixes coming soon (next up, DLR mini-sheets and minor hotkey bar issues)

Skellan
March 16th, 2016, 22:31
Thank you

phantomwhale
March 16th, 2016, 22:58
Thank you

My pleasure - hope you don't mind me "bumping out" your first reply so that the patch notes appear at the top of the post !

Skellan
March 16th, 2016, 23:09
That's fine. I tested the patch by the way and it seems to be working alright

Hendell
March 16th, 2016, 23:17
worked well for me as well.

One question though, I tried the jokers wild option and the chat showed awarding a benny to the players but none were awarded.
Could this be a possible upgrade in the future or am I simply doing something wrong?

dstuffle
March 17th, 2016, 00:22
I encounter this error when (as the GM) I try to populate the GM's Fate chips.

"Script Error: [string "scripts/fatechip_lib.lua"]:157: attempt to call field 'getGmIdentity' (a nil value)"

This appears when tried by right clicking the GM Fate Chips icon in the tools window, clicking the Award ramdom, or White fate chip in the GM chip holder window.

My players are happy that the GM has no fate chips, but I think some NPCs would like to be able to soak damage.

Hendell
March 17th, 2016, 01:29
I get the same error, didn't think to check the GM side of it.

Regardless, I am glad to see this setting being worked on. I finally got the books on dead lands and now I wonder why I took so long before I did.

phantomwhale
March 17th, 2016, 05:49
worked well for me as well.

One question though, I tried the jokers wild option and the chat showed awarding a benny to the players but none were awarded.
Could this be a possible upgrade in the future or am I simply doing something wrong?

Wasn't even aware of that option!
Thanks for bringing it to my attention, it's almost certainly not working with Fate Chips currently.

phantomwhale
March 17th, 2016, 05:49
I encounter this error when (as the GM) I try to populate the GM's Fate chips.

"Script Error: [string "scripts/fatechip_lib.lua"]:157: attempt to call field 'getGmIdentity' (a nil value)"

This appears when tried by right clicking the GM Fate Chips icon in the tools window, clicking the Award ramdom, or White fate chip in the GM chip holder window.

My players are happy that the GM has no fate chips, but I think some NPCs would like to be able to soak damage.

Argh - GM chips !

That's going to the top of the list - will take a look ASAP

kavaliro
March 17th, 2016, 14:16
I saw the update, cool! Any idea where the hotlinkbar issue is on the priority list? I like to put the mini charsheet on the hotlink bar. (That feature broke for Savage Worlds about 4 months ago: neither character sheets nor mini sheets open from the hotlinkbar.)

Hendell
March 20th, 2016, 00:08
I was messing around with this again while reading up on this setting and a few modules and found a way a gm can award bennys to the npc's.

If you have your npc in the combat tracker and use the bag on the combat tracker it will give the npc a random benny.

I haven't found a way for the GM yet but at last you can do it for the npc's.

Skellan
March 20th, 2016, 14:10
good find. I guess as you mostly spend bennies on npcs its a sort of work around