PDA

View Full Version : Oops Accidentally overwrote the Acolyte Bond Table

ctcharger
March 16th, 2016, 20:15
From the PHB Deluxe, how do I get the table back....

besides the obvious of retyping it in and losing my custom table...

and while we are at it, how do I add my own custom tables without writing over other tables?

Trenloe
March 16th, 2016, 20:20
You can't completely overwrite module based data. All you can do is "edit" it within a specific campaign.

Perhaps change the name of the custom table.

Go to the module activation screen, right-click on the module and select "Revert Changes" - but this will remove all changes to the module, so you might lose your custom table.

ctcharger
March 16th, 2016, 20:25
OK great, I am good with that. I can rebuild it in some way.

Totally works, thanks for the fast response!

Zacchaeus
March 16th, 2016, 20:28
I think Trenloe means that you can't completely overwrite module data. You can always get it back by the method he describes above, although as he says this will do away with any changes you have made.

For information on creating your own tables this Wiki article (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Tables) might be helpful, but if you have further queries please post some more.

ctcharger
March 16th, 2016, 20:34
totally missed the table icon, now I see it and can add my own tables, of course I wanted to add a d12 table which is not one of choices...
going to create a d20 and then remove rows or just leave them empty..

thanks again for the fast responses!

Trenloe
March 16th, 2016, 20:46
totally missed the table icon, now I see it and can add my own tables, of course I wanted to add a d12 table which is not one of choices...
You don't need to stick to the choices presented - FG will automatically assign the best dice (or random number generator) based off the row spread (you can add or remove rows as you wish). Or, you can manually drag dice to the dice entry in the table.

Trenloe
March 16th, 2016, 20:46
I think Trenloe means that you can't completely overwrite module data.
Correct, thanks for the spot and clarification. :)

Zacchaeus
March 16th, 2016, 21:08
going to create a d20 and then remove rows or just leave them empty..

thanks again for the fast responses!

I'm not entirely sure what you mean when you say d12 isn't one of the choices. As the Wiki article tells says, you can place any dice or combination of dice into the dice box in the table. So, since there is a d12 dice available, you can just drag and drop that into the dice box in the table.

However, as Trenloe points out (and the Wiki article also says) you don't need any dice in the table dice box at all. If your 'from' and 'to' numbers in the left hand column total up to 20 then the table will roll a d20 irrespective of the number of rows. The wiki article goes into this in more detail so I'll not repeat it all here.

ctcharger
March 16th, 2016, 23:09
Thanks, I did figure out by accident what you said, put in 12 rows and it rolls 1d12, that's pretty cool
I am a table creating fool now. :)