PDA

View Full Version : error when using own module in EotE

tlavalle
March 16th, 2016, 18:39
I keep getting this error.

Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file Taking of Whisper Base:db.xml - Error on line 9: Error reading end tag.
Runtime Notice: s'chatmanager.lua: sendSpecialMessage - msgtype = refreshactorlist'

i have look inside and out for the error location. here is the code i have created so far.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<root version="2.01">
<encounter static="true">
<category name="Taking of Whisper Base" mergeid="" baseicon="2" decalicon="1">
<librarylink type="windowreference">
<class>referencetextwide</class>
<recordname>..</recordname>
</librarylink>
<id-0000>
<name type="string>00 - Overview"</name>
<text type="formattedtext">

<frame>
words in here lol
</frame>

</text>
</id-0000>
</category>
</encounter>
<image static="true">
<category name="Taking of Whisper Base" mergeid="" baseicon="2" decalicon="1">
<aid-00001>
<image type="image">
<bitmap>images\whisperbase.png</bitmap>
</image>
<name type="string">Whisper Base</name>
</aid-00001>
</category>
</image>
</root>

edit**
found it

ok so no errors, but now i have nothing showing

Trenloe
March 16th, 2016, 18:50
I'd recommend you create a "module making" campaign, create a map/image and story entry and then export those to a module. Then you will have a reference set of XML to compare.

tlavalle
March 16th, 2016, 18:57
ok i am confused on the "module making" campaign. but i am following my module i created for CoC and i am getting nothing.

Trenloe
March 16th, 2016, 19:12
but i am following my module i created for CoC and i am getting nothing.
Yeah, that's not going to work - the data structures are different.

ok i am confused on the "module making" campaign.
You know you can create modules from within Fantasy Grounds?

Info:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library#Module_Export

Create a new Star Wars campaign. This will be where you create your entries that you will export to your module - hence it's a "module making" campaign.

tlavalle
March 16th, 2016, 19:37
hmm not much there. where to start for creating this campaign. i know how to the rest but i dont see anything to start a campaign in EotE.

sorry i must be missing something

Trenloe
March 16th, 2016, 19:54
hmm not much there. where to start for creating this campaign. i know how to the rest but i dont see anything to start a campaign in EotE.

sorry i must be missing something
Just create a new campaign - just like you would any other FG campaign.

"Create New Campaign" -> select the Star Wars EotE ruleset -> give it a "Campaign Name" (something like "My Star Wars Module Make" - it doesn't really matter what you call it) -> "Start".

Once within the campaign, add in your maps, images, story entries, etc.. Go with a small amount at first, just to test. When you want to create your module, type /export in the chat window and fill out the export window that appears. This will create a module for you.

Trenloe
March 16th, 2016, 20:08
And described here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AryFhtkv2to The export window will look a little different, but the process is the same.

This is a much, much quicker and easier way to create FG adventure modules than editing the XML.

tlavalle
March 16th, 2016, 20:49
ok thank you will get back

Miekael
March 16th, 2016, 22:14
Trenloe's advice is solid on the matter. When I create libraries for the Star Wars ruleset, the majority of the work involved is creating the entries in a generic campaign (mine is just titled Library) and to export all your work into modules. The only hiccup I usually come across is the <classname type="string"></classname> code not exporting properly. If you keep the adventure just in module form it is not an issue, however, when creating a library this code is required to properly allow selecting and drag and drop from the library itself.

I would go with just exporting a module when it comes to adventures, since it loads everything right off the bat (once you open it from the module selection). The only time you would want to create an actual library out of it is if you want the ability to just select and add certain things to a new campaign. For example, you just want to bring a few NPCs or ships from the adventure into a new campaign and don't want to load the entire adventure itself. My libraries do contain a lot of the information from adventures, the only thing they really lack is the named NPCs. For example Lieutenant Sarev from page 26 is not in my encounters library, however, whisper base sentry (renamed Imperial Army Sentry) can be found under the Galactic Empire subsection.

tlavalle
March 18th, 2016, 06:40
ok how would i create an encounter, similar to the example in the video?

damned
March 18th, 2016, 08:02
/export the same way you export other things?

Trenloe
March 18th, 2016, 14:54
ok how would i create an encounter, similar to the example in the video?
Which video? Encounters (groups of NPCs with token placement and auto adding to the combat tracker) aren't available in the Star Wars EotE ruleset.

tlavalle
March 18th, 2016, 17:27
thats what i figured out