PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Update/Edit Treasure Parcels

jajen2003
March 16th, 2016, 14:46
So I noticed that the packaged version of LMoP has the incorrect information in the treasure parcel for P4-02.14. Wizards' Quarters.

So I opened up the treasure parcel, made sure it was unlocked and tried to add a new item to the parcel, by dragging the item's "shield" icon into the parcel, just like always. Except, it didn't work.

I can however click the Edit List button, click the Add Item button and make an item that way.

I noticed that on any of the treasure parcels for LMoP, I can't add any items by drag-and-drop. I have to create a new item. Also, I can update the currency just fine.

Did something change in 3.1.7? Why is this not working? User error?

Many thanks,

Jake

jajen2003
March 16th, 2016, 14:55
I also noticed that the items themselves in the treasure parcel are also malfunctioning. The "Tomes" item will not let me edit or adjust any of the text fields. It would be nice, since the tomes have the map sewn in the cover. I'd like to change the detail there. And even though there are no malachite gems listed in the adventure text, here they are and I can't change the value of them. Instead of 5 malachite, it should be 3 diamonds. But not 5k gp diamonds as found in the DMG Treasure Tables, but (3) 150 gp diamonds.

Thanks again,

Jake

Zacchaeus
March 16th, 2016, 15:45
It doesn't appear as though you can edit treasure parcels (at least by adding things to them) across any of the modules. I suspect therefore this is expected behaviour. If you want to edit a parcel then make a copy of it by dragging and dropping it just a little bit. You can then edit the parcel. You'll need to re-establish the link to the new parcel that you have created.

I cannot, however, reproduce your other problem in that I can edit any of the items in the treasure parcel as you can see from my screenshot. Can you try in a new campaign without any extensions loaded and let us know what the results are?

jajen2003
March 16th, 2016, 15:59
Hi Z,

I ended up doing what you suggested. Duplicated the Treasure Parcel in question and simply adjusted it there.

Not a fan of that process, but I'm not in the mood to argue with the powers that be.

Zacchaeus
March 16th, 2016, 16:32
Did you get your other problem sorted out?

jajen2003
March 17th, 2016, 20:07
No. But I'll just work around it. Thanks for following up. :D

Moon Wizard
March 31st, 2016, 23:29
Just a heads up that I tracked this down to an issue in the client itself, and I'll be queueing a fix for this in the 3.2.0 release. It might be a couple months yet, depending on what makes it into this next release.

Regards,
JPG

jajen2003
April 1st, 2016, 00:52
Ah, cool. Many thanks for looking into this. :D

irish_carbomb
October 3rd, 2016, 05:02
Did this issue ever get addressed. I am trying to add items to a parcel and it will not allow me to do so using the items list. I have to create a new item even if it already exists in the Items list.

Thanks

damned
October 3rd, 2016, 05:29
3.2.0 has not yet been released. It is a very large feature re-write and additions... soon now... very soon.