PDA

View Full Version : New Discounted Bundles for The Complete D&D Experience

ddavison
March 15th, 2016, 21:52
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/images/store/WOTC5EBUNDLE.jpg

The D&D Complete Bundle for Fantasy Grounds contains everything released for online play through Fantasy Grounds for Dungeons & Dragons fifth edition. Buyers of this package will get the contents of this package at 25% off list price. Even if you already own some of these products, you can pick up any remaining items at the discounted rate by adding the missing items to your cart.

This bundle comes with each of the core content packs, with all content from the Player's Handbook, Monster Manual and Dungeon Master's Guide. It also includes all the accessories, such as the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide and the Elemental Evil Player's Companion. Finally, it includes every adventure released so far for D&D fifth edition, along with a few adventures released during the play-test phase.

New products will continue to be added to this bundle over time, so you will have the option to pick up any newly released items at the same discount as they release.

Check it out from the store link or go directly there:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/productbundle.php?bundleid=WOTC5EBUNDLE

Szabtom
March 15th, 2016, 23:34
Very nice deal, and a really nice gesture to existing owners of the products!

ddavison
March 15th, 2016, 23:44
Yes, normally it sometimes sucks when you see something go no sale after you already bought several items in a bundle. This seemed like a good way to reward everyone who buys everything as it is released. We have a fair number of people who actually do that, so we are super grateful to have customers like that. Why not give them a 25% discount.

Lobosolo
March 16th, 2016, 00:39
Doug,

I tried to do the bundle and it is stating that I don't have the Monster and Core Class Pack purchased. I believe that I bought those two through steam. How can I enable them in the store so I can complete the bundle without buying these two items again?

Lobo

Moon Wizard
March 16th, 2016, 01:01
I believe that the bundles do not work across stores. You would need to buy the bundle on Steam if your original purchases were from there.

Regards,
JPG

Lobosolo
March 16th, 2016, 01:05
Bleh. I bought the ultimate license and the first two DND 5 modules on steam before I knew that I should buy on the FG store. Then all my other DND 5e purchases I did here to support FG directly. So I can't do the bundle anywhere??

gqwebb
March 16th, 2016, 01:08
Worked fine for me on steam. I got the discount on what I did not own.. All be it was only COS But the deal was so good I almost bought everything again :)

Moon Wizard
March 16th, 2016, 01:09
Please send a message to [email protected], and let Doug know the situation. I'm sure he'll come up with something.

Cheers,
JPG

Lobosolo
March 16th, 2016, 01:11
Good idea Moon. Thanks for the advice.

arkanis
March 16th, 2016, 12:55
Very nice to see that we, early adopters, are rewarded somehow. :D

Chorpa
March 16th, 2016, 13:43
How long will this discounted bundle be available? Will it always be availabe and updated with new material when it comes out? For some reason discounted material always become available when I am short on cash. :p:D

Trenloe
March 16th, 2016, 14:37
How long will this discounted bundle be available? Will it always be availabe and updated with new material when it comes out? For some reason discounted material always become available when I am short on cash. :p:D
In post #1: "New products will continue to be added to this bundle over time, so you will have the option to pick up any newly released items at the same discount as they release."

ddavison
March 16th, 2016, 14:51
Yep. We expect this to be a permanent option for as long as we can foresee.

Chorpa
March 17th, 2016, 00:02
Yep. We expect this to be a permanent option for as long as we can foresee.

That is great. Now I just have to save up so I can get the other modules in one go. :D

DrakosDJ
March 17th, 2016, 05:49
I do appreciate this idea, unfortunately for me I already had everything in the bundle except one ites, so I didn't save much this time. But at least I will on future items.

demonsbane
March 17th, 2016, 12:21
Very nice deal, and a really nice gesture to existing owners of the products!

Indeed. Let me second this!

I wonder if it's possible to acquire the Elemental Evil Player's Companion module in this way, but separately from Princes of the Apocalypse.

SilverBulletKY
March 17th, 2016, 15:53
I've bought everything on Fantasy Grounds and one item on Steam because it was much cheaper. I hate that I bought that item off of Steam because I cannot stand how it has to connect to steam to update and do all of that. I wish I could just get a normal license to that product through fantasy grounds and not have to worry about steam anymore.

ddavison
March 17th, 2016, 15:56
Indeed. Let me second this!

I wonder if it's possible to acquire the Elemental Evil Player's Companion module in this way, but separately from Princes of the Apocalypse.

We actually had it in but then removed it from the bundle since it is included in POTA.

Mortar
March 18th, 2016, 01:29
Steam is disagreeing with me at the moment. The only 5e product I own at the moment is the Core Class Pack, if I add the bundle it adds everything except Curse of Strahd and Legacy of the Crystal Shard.....and its telling me I need to buy the core class pack again.

Its alright, don't need any of it right away.

ddavison
March 18th, 2016, 01:35
Shoot me an email to [email protected] with this description and your Steam user account name and I can forward it to our Valve rep to see if they can debug it. It's brand new functionality that isn't even available for general use by developers, so I'm sure they would love to hear about any issues so they can fix them.

Himajin
March 20th, 2016, 04:29
Just wanted to say thanks for the great gesture! It's nice to feel like you're getting taken care of for being a loyal customer :)

gamemasterbob
March 20th, 2016, 04:46
It's a good deal but I don't need nor would ever use ALL the books. I have two of the core sets; Player and DM. I wish I could get a discount on the Monster set. That is all I need. SW has done a great job on the DD5 titles that I have. Very useful. I even use them when I play in person. They are great, quick reference.

damned
March 20th, 2016, 05:56
It's a good deal but I don't need nor would ever use ALL the books. I have two of the core sets; Player and DM. I wish I could get a discount on the Monster set. That is all I need. SW has done a great job on the DD5 titles that I have. Very useful. I even use them when I play in person. They are great, quick reference.

If you are not in a hurry there is every likelihood that there will be sales in the future with similar sized discounts where you can buy individual products. I didnt tell you that though :) Problem with sales is I always buy some extra stuff too!

crb31
March 20th, 2016, 18:42
So Very Cool!!!

Myrdin Potter
March 21st, 2016, 23:18
Unfortunately I have bought items in both stores so this does not work for me.

Mortar
March 22nd, 2016, 22:49
Shoot me an email to [email protected] with this description and your Steam user account name and I can forward it to our Valve rep to see if they can debug it. It's brand new functionality that isn't even available for general use by developers, so I'm sure they would love to hear about any issues so they can fix them.

Totally missed this. Working fine now, but I will send an email anyways.

Mortar
March 24th, 2016, 22:13
It actually helps if I hit that little button labelled "Send" and not just leave the email sitting in my drafts folder.

Kontroar
March 27th, 2016, 04:18
"New products will continue to be added to this bundle over time, so you will have the option to pick up any newly released items at the same discount as they release."

Does this mean in order to maintain the bundle discount, a person would have to continue to purchase every product added? That is to say, if after purchasing the bundle, if something is added that I would not have interest in, am I required to purchase it to maintain the discount for further products? :)

ddavison
March 27th, 2016, 04:26
Yes. There are 12 products in the bundle now. If we add #13 and you don't want it, you won't have to buy it. You already got the discount on the first 12. If #14 comes out, you can buy #14 without the discount or pick up #13 and #14 for 25% off each.

Kontroar
March 27th, 2016, 04:39
Ok, so, if I did not want #13, but did want #14 on discount I would have to pick #13 up (on discount) in addition to #14.

I run two home brew campaign worlds, so, the modules/adventures themselves are not as much of interest to me.

Thank you for the assistance and quick response!

ddavison
March 27th, 2016, 05:50
Yes, that is correct.

GraytDane
March 27th, 2016, 07:20
Well, at least I got Strahd with a discount... ;-)

Myrdin Potter
April 1st, 2016, 23:53
I wrote support but no answer yet. I guess no solution if you buy from FG and Steam. Will just have to wait for sales I guess.

Beerbelly
June 23rd, 2016, 22:16
When does the discount get applied. With the current sale, I figure now is a good time to take advantage of this deal. However, when I load it into my cart, everything shows at regular price, without the sale price or the 25% off discount. When does that show when checking out?

ddavison
June 23rd, 2016, 22:27
It should show a discount in your shopping cart. Which product specifically are you adding to your cart? For instance, the Complete Core Class Pack is normally $49.99 but is $37.49 currently due to the sale. In your cart, it will show $49.99 and the discount will show $12.50. If you have all the items from the bundle or to complete the bundle if you already own several of them, then you should see the discount increase to $25 for that same product.

Gwydion
June 23rd, 2016, 22:27
This has always been confusing to me too. When you load your cart, everything should show at full list price. However, at the bottom of the page, you should see a "discount applied" and then an adjusted total. When I do this, I get 25% off from the current sale and another 25% for the bundle such that everything is at 50% off retail. Might be time for me to complete my collection!

Nulk
June 23rd, 2016, 23:09
I've taken my wife's shoe shopping philosophy on board, 'if its on sale don't question it, just buy it!' .... and now I need to work out how the hell I'm going to get time to run all of these adventures...

JohnD
June 24th, 2016, 00:00
I've taken my wife's shoe shopping philosophy on board, 'if its on sale don't question it, just buy it!' .... and now I need to work out how the hell I'm going to get time to run all of these adventures...

Send your wife out to look at shoes.

damned
June 24th, 2016, 00:03

Hell no. Just tell her to go use her shoes while you go use your new computer software.

ddavison
June 24th, 2016, 00:06

Or introduce her to the joys of online roleplaying with Fantasy Grounds. Start with, "look honey, all this stuff is on sale!" :D

Gwydion
June 24th, 2016, 00:46
I knew there was a reason I liked it here so much. It really is a full service forum. A little FG advice, a little D&D advice and mix in some relationship advice. My one stop shop!

JohnD
June 24th, 2016, 05:01
I knew there was a reason I liked it here so much. It really is a full service forum. A little FG advice, a little D&D advice and mix in some relationship advice. My one stop shop!

I feel compelled to caution you to not follow my advice very often as I tend to get hit frequently and am subjected to "that look" as well. Luckily I roll my save and am immune/oblivious to the effects (although flying rolling pins are quite hard to dodge).

Nulk
June 24th, 2016, 12:48
I feel compelled to caution you to not follow my advice very often as I tend to get hit frequently and am subjected to "that look" as well. Luckily I roll my save and am immune/oblivious to the effects (although flying rolling pins are quite hard to dodge).

Luckily i have acquired some magical items over the years to assist me in similar awkward situations. A Wedding band of ignorance (+1 to 'yes dear'), Remote of loudness, and the often used Sofa of sleeping.

kylania
June 24th, 2016, 16:10
This has always been confusing to me too. When you load your cart, everything should show at full list price. However, at the bottom of the page, you should see a "discount applied" and then an adjusted total. When I do this, I get 25% off from the current sale and another 25% for the bundle such that everything is at 50% off retail. Might be time for me to complete my collection!

Absolutely this. Every step of the way you should see the normal price, the % and amount of discount and the final price you'll end up paying every time you see a price. Additional/bundle discounts should be visible while on the cart page. Last time I ordered it wasn't till the PayPal confirmation page that I had a full understanding of what I was paying for each item.

JohnD
June 25th, 2016, 05:00
Some good pricing now with the sale and the complete bundle discounts. Agree on the display of regular vs discounted prices.

Gwydion
June 26th, 2016, 03:58
Definitely good pricing! Went ahead and pulled the trigger today on the rest of the bundle! Already having fun with the DMG and starting to review Princes of the Apocalypse. Got a lot of material to review now!

Beerbelly
June 26th, 2016, 16:34
cool, just completed my bundle today!!!

Krimson
June 27th, 2016, 05:17
Dammit! Well I guess I have everything D&D now. :square:

Nylanfs
June 27th, 2016, 17:55
Here's some more. :)

https://drivethrurpg.com/product/186492/OwensGeniusStuff-BUNDLE?affiliate_id=231528&src=facebook