PDA

View Full Version : Monthly subscription question (Ultimate)

kevdog45
March 15th, 2016, 17:03
I just bought the ultimate subscription and was playing around with it. It looks like a good piece of software for the most part but I was wondering if I were to buy any of the packs, the 49.99 packs specifically can I tie those into my subscription?

Trenloe
March 15th, 2016, 17:10
Any purchases you make aren't tied to a specific subscription - they are tied to your FG username (or Steam login if you purchase through Steam). Thus, you can absolutely use purchases with your subscription as you use your FG login in the purchase download/update process. This has a lot of advantages: if you suspend your subscription your purchases are still there for later use. Or if you move to a permanent license your purchases come with you too.

viresanimi
March 15th, 2016, 17:12
Anything you buy, is tied to your account, and you will always have access to your purchases no matter how you pay for FG. Or don't. Basically it's yours forever. Think of FG as a traditional store when you can purchase things and they just belong to you, unlike a lot of software these days that tries to milk you forever for their "services".

I got the standard license about 6 years ago and every update ever since, has been free. Only used money in the store and even the products there get updated for free over time.

Vires Animi

EDIT: Aaaand the FG guru beats a guy to it. That never happens! *grins*

Moon Wizard
March 15th, 2016, 17:16
Some of the newer content (esp. 5E) does require an active subscription or permanent license to access, due to security requested by publishers and the way out system works. However, the DLC is always available to access, once you have an active license.

Regards,
JPG