PDA

View Full Version : Curse of Strand release party

gqwebb
March 14th, 2016, 23:08
So are we green for an all nighter? Can I start downing Red Bull now?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/lowres.cartoonstock.com/health-beauty-vampire-old_man-denture-teeth_in_a_glass-bedside_table-gckn102_low.jpg

Or, is it night all. ..

Mask_of_winter
March 15th, 2016, 00:58
Vampires don't need Redbull to stay up all night chump!

ddavison
March 15th, 2016, 01:26
I am not sure we are going to get the green-light for a midnight release. I think there were still one or two sign-offs needed and it is now after office hours on the west coast.

FSHSchmo
March 15th, 2016, 02:29
I am not sure we are going to get the green-light for a midnight release. I think there were still one or two sign-offs needed and it is now after office hours on the west coast.

Sad face I am making on my stream :(

gqwebb
March 15th, 2016, 02:40
Vampires don't need Redbull to stay up all night chump!

Us very old ones need anything we can get ;)

gqwebb
March 15th, 2016, 02:59

Well that nails it down for tonight. Thanks for the heads up

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/06/05/article-2154837-0E83EDA800000578-438_623x487.jpg

Mask_of_winter
March 15th, 2016, 03:00
Will Death House be included in the module? Or available as an add-on?

gqwebb
March 15th, 2016, 03:10
Will Death House be included in the module? Or available as an add-on?

The concensus here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?28441-CURSE-OF-STRAHD-Preview-Adventure-and-FG) is yes, but it is not official unless it comes out of Doug keyboard.

ddavison
March 15th, 2016, 03:14
Death House is Appendix B in the final module, so it is included.

Nekkroe
March 15th, 2016, 06:34
Death House is Appendix B in the final module, so it is included.

*Vampyre dance*

sturtus
March 15th, 2016, 14:05
Somebody go wake up Mearls! We need approval!

ddavison
March 15th, 2016, 14:13
I believe it has already been approved by Mearls' team. I'm not sure about the status on legal and art yet. I'm guessing soon, although it's still possible that we may get back a few items that need to be changed prior to release.

jshauber
March 15th, 2016, 15:41
Politics are best left out of the forums...

Otherwise you might alienate folks how don't take things as light hearted as they may have been meant.

jshauber
March 15th, 2016, 16:23
You're right! <hanging head> Pulled the reference to one of the political parties. Just felt this discussion about Strahd was missing something without a vampire squid.

Agreed, squid is a must!

gqwebb
March 15th, 2016, 20:27
So is today the day? My teeth are itch'en...

ddavison
March 15th, 2016, 20:32
No issues have been reported to us, but we are still waiting on one more approval.

gqwebb
March 15th, 2016, 20:39
OK then
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoLoyg3JKRQ

ddavison
March 15th, 2016, 21:39
Launched! Be sure to check out the bundle option too before you check out!

iotech
March 15th, 2016, 22:05
Not seeing a "bundle option"... can you clarify?

Trenloe
March 15th, 2016, 22:06
Not seeing a "bundle option"... can you clarify?
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?30343-New-Discounted-Bundles-for-The-Complete-D-amp-D-Experience

boardgamereplay
March 15th, 2016, 22:06
Awesome, thanks for the heads up! Been refreshing this thread regularly! One thing though...The bundle is requiring me to also buy the Elemental Evil Players Companion, despite me already owning the Princes of the Apocalypse. It's only a couple of bucks, but it does seem like it might be an error. I picked it up anyway, but do you think it's worth asking for a credit?

-Mat

ddavison
March 15th, 2016, 22:07
Sure thing. Email me at [email protected]. This was an oversight and I will remove it going forward.

iotech
March 15th, 2016, 22:07
Thanks, Trenloe!

boardgamereplay
March 15th, 2016, 22:23
Sure thing. Email me at. This was an oversight and I will remove it going forward.

Done! Thanks so much!

gqwebb
March 16th, 2016, 01:02
Death House is live!! Party All night!!

Red Bull!!

opticalshadow
March 16th, 2016, 02:17
i am transitioning from physical medium to digital, as a DM, what in addition to the CoS adventure do i need to buy to ruin this in FG, i knwo i need core classes, do i need dmg and mm too?i checked and couldn't find a definitive answer, sorrry if it was obvious.

ddavison
March 16th, 2016, 02:24
The base license allows you to run the ruleset and the adventure. It comes with some tokens, maps and the basic D&D content provided by the SRD 5 library modules. Your players can use this (or modules they have purchased) to build their characters and they can manually add anything that is not included. If you want full drag and drop and a bunch of included D&D portraits, you add the optional Complete Core Class Pack or individual packs that offer archetypes or options not present for the class in the SRD.

The Curse of Strahd module comes with all the monsters you need to run the adventure. If you need more, you can use the SRD Bestiary to supplement it with your own adventures or you can pick up the MM for all the monsters, complete with the full descriptions from the physical book. Again, that is optional.

For licenses, you just need to decide if you expect your players to provide their own license or if you want to provide the license by way of an Ultimate license or subscription so that they only need a Demo to play.

gqwebb
March 16th, 2016, 02:25
Cos module, DMG and phb. Monster are included in cos module.
1. Phb so all players have access to everything they need to build and maintaine characters
2. DMG because it is so awesome for every table you could ever need, and on ....

Gm license for hosting at the table, this allows players to connect one at a time to manage the characters. Not the best solution

Ultimate license is best locally or over net. Host however many you want.

AND

Welcome aboard!

opticalshadow
March 16th, 2016, 02:35
so it sounds like the bare to run this campaign to its letter is just teh chracter classes and the modal, the SRD content covers the rest, DMG would be a recommended supplement, but not strictly required?

(i have someones birthday to shop for, so i can only be so selfish this time around )

gqwebb
March 16th, 2016, 02:54
PHB first then DMG later yes. PHB is needed because not all the class features are covered by SRD and if you don't start with the PHB classes then you have to upgrade each character manually. You break the drop and drag. So PHB first. Birthday second ;)

damned
March 16th, 2016, 07:08
people were playing 5e D&D for about a year before the DMG even got released in physical form - its an option for you to buy when you want more options :)