PDA

View Full Version : D&D comes to Middle Earth

Skellan
March 14th, 2016, 21:44
5E The One Ring - This looks exciting

https://cubicle7.co.uk/dd-comes-to-middle-earth/

I hope fantasy grounds gets an agreement with Cubicle 7 to add these to the store

gqwebb
March 14th, 2016, 22:56
That would be great! That has some hurdles but it would work for everyone if it flys. That was a good find.

jshauber
March 14th, 2016, 23:00
So they are taking advantage of the OGL/SRD that is available and making the conversion. Be interesting to see how it looks.

Valarian
March 14th, 2016, 23:25
In two minds about this one. One the one hand, it opens up a great setting for a lot of people. On the other hand, the system for The One Ring is ideal for gaming in Middle-earth and D&D isn't the system for that setting.

Skellan
March 15th, 2016, 00:44
Yeah, it could turn out terrible, but if they are just converting the content of The One Ring to be powered by the 5e core mechanics it could possibly work.

damned
March 15th, 2016, 01:24
I wish this were easier. Not sure if the FG architects see that difficulty as a weakness or feature.

I dont think its either... it just is what it is. There are very complex interactions going on and they require similarly complex coding to support. Our human brains can handle this degree of variability and exceptions to exceptions with relative ease but programming it is far more challenging...

damned
March 15th, 2016, 02:21
Fair enough. I can dream though. :) At some point, I'll focus long enough to learn the language.

yeah - its frustrating. you can have it easier but not as cool.

Varsuuk
March 16th, 2016, 05:28
Bah database connection error reported did you guys blow it up? ;)

damned
March 16th, 2016, 06:57
More info please...

Varsuuk
March 16th, 2016, 07:32
Sorry, meant OP's link - joked about "blowing it up" assuming a lot of LotR fans in our bunch ;)