PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to run PFS 5-16: Destiny of the Sands—Part 3: Sanctum of the Sages?

HoloGnome
March 14th, 2016, 17:21
I would love to play this one and complete the series if anyone is inclined to run it on the upper sub-tier.

Any takers? :D

Blackfoot
March 14th, 2016, 17:39
I still need to play this one as well. My character for this one would be level 6.0 he's kinda on hold waiting for this scenario... and has been for quite a while now.

HoloGnome
March 14th, 2016, 17:42
Yeah - me too. I am stuck at level 7, I think. Maybe 6...not sure...but don't want to level out of it.

Blackfoot
March 14th, 2016, 17:50
7 is the cap for part 3.. so I guess I 'could' play my character a bit more before finding this one... but I don't really want to miss it. That whole Osirion theme is totally up his alley.

HoloGnome
March 14th, 2016, 17:57
I'm really curious to see how mythic abilities work out!

bigboom
March 14th, 2016, 22:11
I've got a level 2 character that finished part 1 and part 2. Will be a while though before she's ready to take on part 3's upper tier...so yah I hope you guys complete it long before my character is ready for it!

kwarner1986
March 14th, 2016, 23:39
If someone cares to run 1 and 2. I'll be happy to join on the third one.

Blackfoot
March 14th, 2016, 23:46
I've got a level 2 character that finished part 1 and part 2. Will be a while though before she's ready to take on part 3's upper tier...so yah I hope you guys complete it long before my character is ready for it!I'd be happy to run the lower tier version of this once I've played it... but.. well.. it's been a while that I've been looking for it now. :)

HoloGnome
March 15th, 2016, 06:25
Skeeeellllan!! Yeah well...he already said no. :)

bigboom
March 15th, 2016, 08:04
Looks like there are potentially two GMs that will run part 3 online. However, it's Core and it's on Roll20, not FG.

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/pathfinder-society-online-collective/bU2OEzDoi40

Blackfoot
March 15th, 2016, 08:24
That really isn't going to work for me, although my character would actually qualify as a CORE character.. he was created several years before the CORE campaign came along. Plus.. I don't do the Roll20 thing. I'm spoiled.

bigboom
March 15th, 2016, 08:48
Yah, agreed. FG is much more enjoyable, at least in my opinion!

Lord Kavos
March 15th, 2016, 13:57
Hi guys, i've played all 3, so I can help out & run pt 3 if you like.

I'll buy the pdf & see if i can con Skellan into sharing the mod...

HoloGnome
March 15th, 2016, 14:54
Sweeeeet!! wooohoooooo!! :D

And yeah - bigboom: we need a NORMAL, upper sub-tier game!

MYTHIC!

bigboom
March 15th, 2016, 15:05
I don't believe I've ever seen HG this excited.

I wonder which one of his GM voices is he using to say "MYTHIC!"???

HoloGnome
March 15th, 2016, 15:42
Probably old Beggar Baboon head, Drandle Dreng, since, like BF, I've been waiting for this one for a long time. It's the first chance to use mythic in PFS - really interested to see that play out. Also, after this scenario, Drakkon will no longer be stuck waiting and comes to fruition as a Saurian Shaman.

Lord Kavos
March 16th, 2016, 07:58
I have asked the question of Mr Skellan...

HoloGnome
March 16th, 2016, 15:40
timmeh!

Lord Kavos
March 17th, 2016, 05:47
Skellan says he never ran it...maybe it was Hawkwind that ran them - have asked him also.

Failing that I will start parsing it myself...

Blackfoot
March 17th, 2016, 05:56
Skellan ran the 1st two but stopped there for some reason... maybe he didn't want to have to deal with the mythic thing.

HoloGnome
March 23rd, 2016, 16:54
Kavos - sounds good - looking forward to it! :)

Lord Kavos
March 29th, 2016, 21:50
Hi all,

I'm on holidays right through to fg con, so I am prepping all my games including this one atm.

So good chance I can run this game on the coming weekend for those looking for a fix prior to the con - so I will create a calendar today & you guys can suggest some times...

Blackfoot
March 30th, 2016, 00:37
Hi all,

I'm on holidays right through to fg con, so I am prepping all my games including this one atm.

So good chance I can run this game on the coming weekend for those looking for a fix prior to the con - so I will create a calendar today & you guys can suggest some times...
I think I have some availability on Sunday... otherwise I'm tied up.

HoloGnome
March 30th, 2016, 01:12
Sunday is poss...but may have to travel. Let me check.

Lord Kavos
April 1st, 2016, 14:22
wow...i think i just worked out the word 'holidays' without actually going away just means you can do a few things around the home for no pay instead of your regular job...

I have almost finished parsing my FG Con adventures, 7-11 tables take a bit longer to prep, plus there is a fair bit going on in both of them so it has taken some time to get that all sorted.

I was hoping to have some time to prep this one as well, but given it is almost the weekend & I havent started yet it doesnt look good for a sunday US game atm.

I will see how I go tomorrow, but i doubt i will get it prepped in time but I will try.

Sorry, but the prep for the con had to come first.

HoloGnome
April 1st, 2016, 15:10
No worries - waited this long...what's another couple of weeks? :D

Blackfoot
April 1st, 2016, 15:25
Better to wait until after the Con anyway.. we all need the prep time.

Lord Kavos
April 18th, 2016, 13:15
Hi all,

now that the madness of 'con prep' is over and I'm back into the regular routine (work), i have started parsing this adventure in readiness to unleash its perils...

Not sure if i will have it ready by this weekend, but I can work faster & have it ready if everyone is available, otherwise we can look at the following weekend.

Let me know & I will get cracking if I need to...

Blackfoot
April 18th, 2016, 13:18
I'm in with Prindlemire, Level 6 Undead Sorcerer, assuming that I can manage the date and time.

HoloGnome
April 18th, 2016, 20:20
This coming weekend is probably not great for me...maybe the following one. But...Drakon is waiting in the wings. Thanks for running this one!

Lord Kavos
April 27th, 2016, 12:27
Hi all,

I'm part of the way through parsing this adventure, and the first thing I will say is its long. Be prepared for this to run 7+ hours, with a part at the end you will not want to skip or fast track...

So with that in mind I have created the calendar entry, so you guys can join up & suggest some play times that work for you.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1961

Keep in mind that as an Aussie, I'm GMT +10, so for alot of you your night is my next early/mid morning, so weekdays are out for the most part because of work.

I doubt I will have the adventure ready for this weekend, as there are some mythic elements that are not stated so I need to add templates in some cases & get references from the mythic adventures sourcebook, so that is slowing me down somewhat.

But as I said before, if everyone is available I will do my best to get everything up to speed so you can play!

bigboom
April 27th, 2016, 13:08
I've signed myself up on the calendar. However, I may not be able to join because I think the group is going high tier and my character may not level up in time. (Actually, my character may not be high enough for low tier either...) But I'll keep an eye on the schedule for this one and will see how things shake out!

cmdisc
April 27th, 2016, 13:47
This looks like an interesting Trio of scenarios. I've not played any of them, so will be sitting this session out. But come next CON (if not before) if anyone happens to be interested in running a 3-parter, I'm certainly game for it. :)

Blackfoot
April 27th, 2016, 17:52
I've signed myself up on the calendar. However, I may not be able to join because I think the group is going high tier and my character may not level up in time. (Actually, my character may not be high enough for low tier either...) But I'll keep an eye on the schedule for this one and will see how things shake out!This one is 3-7.. I'm definitely down for the upper tier.
I have run the 1st part previously... and will likely run at least the second 2 at some point after I have played this one.

HoloGnome
April 29th, 2016, 00:14
I think Drakon is 7th level. I have to check his chronicles. He was 14 XP as of Snakes in the Fold and I think he has played or received credit for 4 more games. So, maybe 6th if slow or 7th if not. Anyway - I hit up the calendar.

Blackfoot
June 25th, 2016, 06:54
Any more news on this one running sometime?

Lord Kavos
June 25th, 2016, 07:47
Hi all,

I am still working on the parsing when I get a chance - real life been getting in the way lately.

It is certainly an ambitious adventure, one of the mythic creatures in it isn't statted in the text or the mythic guide so had to add the mythic template by hand - that took a while.

I am probably 3/4 the way through now, will try to get it finished in the next week or 2 so we can get this one underway.

One thing I will re-stress is that this will be a long adventure - unless I rush certain parts it will take 7 hours at least to run. I don't want this one going over to 2 sessions as they always end up with someone unavailable to play in the 2nd session & the session ends up hanging as we wait to get everyone available, so keep that in mind when we do schedule the event...

Lord Kavos
July 27th, 2016, 11:00
Hi guys, I want to apologize for my tardiness in getting this one happening...

I have almost finished fg & now focusing on how I will run certain bits, getting my head around them (one part especially).

But it's almost ready.

How about a quick call to arms - would 3 weekends from now work for all interested? If so, I will put up some dates in the calendar.

And if I have a deadline I will finally finish this one...

bigboom
July 27th, 2016, 12:26
I won't be able to join weekend of Aug 13-14, but Aug 20-21 is looking OK for me so far.

Blackfoot
July 27th, 2016, 15:22
Hi guys, I want to apologize for my tardiness in getting this one happening...

I have almost finished fg & now focusing on how I will run certain bits, getting my head around them (one part especially).

But it's almost ready.

How about a quick call to arms - would 3 weekends from now work for all interested? If so, I will put up some dates in the calendar.

And if I have a deadline I will finally finish this one...I can probably make something work either the weekend of the 13th or the weekend of the 20th.. Sunday Mornings (Eastern Time.. That's like 1-5pm GMT) I have a regular game but otherwise I will try and make it work.

cmdisc
July 27th, 2016, 20:55
Question.

As posted before, I've not played any of these. Would attempting to sign up for Part III really be robbing myself of some big finish? Or can this be played out of order like the Quest for Perfection series? Because if there is room for this and it can be done out of order, I might be up for this in 3 weekends. Otherwise I'll sit out and see if I can catch I and II some other time.

Blackfoot
July 27th, 2016, 21:29
Question.

As posted before, I've not played any of these. Would attempting to sign up for Part III really be robbing myself of some big finish? Or can this be played out of order like the Quest for Perfection series? Because if there is room for this and it can be done out of order, I might be up for this in 3 weekends. Otherwise I'll sit out and see if I can catch I and II some other time.The story is pretty much a continuation... at least in parts 1 and 2... they do explain everything in the beginning probably, (like shades of ice or quest for perfection).. but ... like those.. you do get more out of doing it all I'm sure. I could probably run part 1 (I have that one set to run.. I ran it at one of the recent FG Cons maybe VI or VII?).. I could run it as a CORE offering on Saturday. I know there are some linked boons with these.. but I don't know anything about the final one... other than it has a Mythic element.

Blackfoot
July 27th, 2016, 21:30
The boons may be less cool or something now that there is no Osirion Faction.. I'm not sure how that works for the Scarab Sages who play this.

cmdisc
July 27th, 2016, 22:10
Yeah, I might want to wait then. I have a 3rd level brawler who is Scarab Sages that could run through this (with or without the boons applying). So would be better to skip the higher subtier of 3 and wait to go through this in order (in Standard). :)

Blackfoot
September 24th, 2016, 20:52
The 1st 2 parts of this are running during FG Con if anyone is interested in taking part.

cmdisc
September 24th, 2016, 22:52
I'm signed up for the first 2 during the CON. If things go according to plan, by the end of that weekend I'll have a 6th level Alchemist to bring to this if there's room.

HoloGnome
September 25th, 2016, 02:45
LK - if you run it after FGCON, it looks like there might be some more people interested in playing!

Lord Kavos
September 28th, 2016, 23:48
Yea sorry guys I've been a bit slack getting this one ready - real life keeps getting in the way.

I know most of then players watching this thread are looking for high tier to run - is the fg runs of pt1 & 2 low or high tier?

Blackfoot
September 29th, 2016, 05:25
Yea sorry guys I've been a bit slack getting this one ready - real life keeps getting in the way.

I know most of then players watching this thread are looking for high tier to run - is the fg runs of pt1 & 2 low or high tier?Hard to know for sure at this point. I know Chip is interested in the higher tier.. we'll have to see how it goes.

cmdisc
September 29th, 2016, 05:32
My preference for I and II is higher if I'm going with my Alchemist for this. If I brought my Brawler instead I could be more comfortable with either....although he wouldn't do well in a 6-7 for Part III.

Blackfoot
September 29th, 2016, 05:38
I'm looking to run it with my Level 6 Gnome Undead Sorcerer.

HoloGnome
September 29th, 2016, 18:44
Upper sub-tier please, as in the original discussions. I've got Drakon - a level 7 Druid/Bloodrager.

cmdisc
September 30th, 2016, 01:14
K. Then my hope is to get my Alchemist up to 6th level. He's at 10xp currently. Two 4-5 subtier games will get him to 5th. Then the two 5-9 GM credits I have for him will kick in to jump him to 14xp Then I'll either run him through Dave's 5-9 or give him one of my two credits I'll be earning during the CON. That will land him right at 6th in time for this. :)

Blackfoot
October 4th, 2016, 03:41
K. Then my hope is to get my Alchemist up to 6th level. He's at 10xp currently. Two 4-5 subtier games will get him to 5th. Then the two 5-9 GM credits I have for him will kick in to jump him to 14xp Then I'll either run him through Dave's 5-9 or give him one of my two credits I'll be earning during the CON. That will land him right at 6th in time for this. :)Even if you are level 5... in a 3-7 you can still play the upper subtier without issue. You'll just be a little squishy.

HoloGnome
October 4th, 2016, 19:37
You'll just be a little squishy.
When Alchemists get squished, they leak all kinds of weird, glowy stuff.

Dragonmaster_Ben
October 20th, 2016, 14:55
I loved Part 1 and 2 of Destiny of Sands in FG Con 9. I'd love to join this game as well. Unfortunately my Character has just only Lvl 2 yet, so I'd be up to play a Pregen. Since you guys brought Heals and lots of Magic, I figured a Rogue's Trapfinding Ability would fit well for this party, So how about I'd join to play Merisiel and let my Character get credited for that once he hits Level 3?

HoloGnome
October 20th, 2016, 15:02
Sounds good - the calendar location is here:
Destiny in the Sands 3: Mythic Mayhem (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1961)

Ah - I see you found it! :)

Blackfoot
October 20th, 2016, 15:05
Your other option is to get him up to Level before this thing happens. It has been a few months since we started talking about it... so that might be an option.. depending on how quickly this comes together now that there are more folks in the community that have played the 1st 2.

Dragonmaster_Ben
October 20th, 2016, 15:12
Sounds good - the calendar location is here:
Destiny in the Sands 3: Mythic Mayhem (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1961)

Ah - I see you found it! :)

I figured reading the whole thread would help ;)

I'd need 3 more XP to get him to Lvl 3. Not sure if I could make it in time. But if I would, I'd surely love to play my own character.
I'll take a look on the other threads. Is it me or aren't all the games announced in the pinned "Announcing Thread"?

Blackfoot
October 20th, 2016, 15:15
Generally speaking.. yes.

HoloGnome
October 20th, 2016, 19:30
It should really be called the Magic Mouth thread. It may be time to lodge a formal protest.

lachancery
October 21st, 2016, 03:51
I have done both parts I & II of this arc, and would love to join if the game is played at a time I can make it. My level 7 character is a skald - buff, debuff & social (and strong) guy.

Lord Kavos
October 21st, 2016, 05:06
Hi lan,

I will put up some dates to argue over in the next couple of days, if you can't make one of the suggestioned slots don't just say no, add a preferred slot yourself.

Though please remember this will run long, so session will likely be 7hrs+

bigboom
October 21st, 2016, 07:11
if you can't make one of the suggestioned slots don't just say no, add a preferred slot yourself

I've got a calendar logistical question. The last time I tried entering a suggested time slot, the calendar did not reflect my suggestion according to my time zone.

So my question is when entering a suggested time, what time zone should my suggestion be in? Is it the time zone of the person who originally created the calendar entry?

Lord Kavos
October 21st, 2016, 10:54
You create it according to your time zone if I remember correctly

HoloGnome
October 21st, 2016, 15:56
bigboom - if you have set your timezone in your preferences, it should be correct. Check your preferences: vbulletin general prefs (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions)

lachancery
October 21st, 2016, 17:13

I will put up some dates to argue over in the next couple of days, if you can't make one of the suggestioned slots don't just say no, add a preferred slot yourself.

Though please remember this will run long, so session will likely be 7hrs+
I've signed up and will vote/comment when times are proposed. (I don't see any at the moment, but it may be because I'm still pending.)

I don't mind a longer session (or even cutting it in two).

Lord Kavos
October 22nd, 2016, 00:39
Want to avoid 2 sessions if possible - we have all seen how hard it is to get people together for a part2 to finish a game...

Blackfoot
October 23rd, 2016, 05:29
There's a definite advantage to playing a character who did at least part 2 in this one I think.

HoloGnome
October 23rd, 2016, 21:54
I am going to hose Rip Van Drakon down and hook him to a car battery to see if he can still go into rage, or even wake up from his extended pfs catnap. :D The Silverclaw shall sleep no more!

MYTHIC, BABY!

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9AQU0Ccq9RU/UoqkdJmSIsI/AAAAAAAAKAA/grSn4LL8E6M/s1600/Mythic+05.jpg

(Just some wildshaping foreshadowing)

bigboom
October 23rd, 2016, 22:48
Now I might be mistaken.... But I do believe HG is excited about playing this scenario....

Lord Kavos
October 24th, 2016, 00:20
Noooo... really?

HoloGnome
October 24th, 2016, 05:40
Did we play yet?

Lord Kavos
October 24th, 2016, 11:59
Hey Bigboom i see you have put some slot times up...I cant do this weekend, but I was thinking maybe the following weekend or the one after that. (I deleted your december ones for the moment)

So i will put a couple of other times in around the weekend of the 12th Nov / 19th Nov weekends to see what works for you all...

Lord Kavos
October 24th, 2016, 12:05
ok so I have put some slots up for the 12th/13th, you are out the weekend of 5-6/11 bigboom?

Dragonmaster_Ben
October 24th, 2016, 15:14
What about the weekends 5-6 and 19-20? I'm not sure if 12-13 works for me...

bigboom
October 24th, 2016, 17:27
ok so I have put some slots up for the 12th/13th, you are out the weekend of 5-6/11 bigboom?

Yah, I'm out that weekend. November isn't looking very good for me in general. So ultimately, if you can get a legal table together for a particular time slot that I'm not in, then definitely go for it!

Also, when voting on a timeslot, should we assume this scenario will take 7 hours? Or should we assume 7 hour minimum and realistically it'll take more than 7?

And I agree with the previously stated sentiment... Due to scheduling difficulties, better to get it all done in one session than trying to break it up into two sessions.

bigboom
October 24th, 2016, 17:28
What about the weekends 5-6 and 19-20? I'm not sure if 12-13 works for me...

As LK mentioned, you can put up some suggested time slots as well that others can then vote on.

cmdisc
October 25th, 2016, 23:05
I haven't voted yet, but it looks like every date posted has someone voting NO. So do we go without someone? Or do we try to drum up more interest and split this into 2 tables? Not sure how LK feels about running this twice.....or even if he ran once and then one of the GMs at his table ran it for LK and the others who missed LK's table.

That might be an option....

HoloGnome
October 25th, 2016, 23:26
https://whatisupwiththesynod.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/call-to-action-examples-herding-cats.jpg

Blackfoot
October 25th, 2016, 23:33
I don't think everyone who played part 2 at FG Con IX is signed up.. I'll run part 3 at FG Con X if I get a chance to play it before then.

Lord Kavos
October 25th, 2016, 23:48
So looking at those slots on the calendar - for the people that are out for the 12/13th weekend, is that because of the times or is it the weekend itself?

I.e if we have start times hours earlier or later will that change your availability?

I am not against running this one twice either, but I'm not sure how it will scale for small groups - it could be deadly for a group of 4 (1 encounter in particular).

So obviously if we can all find a slot that works for all that would be preferred - some of u may have to ask what your nerd game priorities really mean...

bigboom
October 27th, 2016, 18:25
My schedule got re-arranged and happily, I no longer have to head out for the weekend of Nov 5 & 6. So I've thrown up a smattering of suggested times for that weekend in case it might work out better for everyone. Overall though, in USA eastern time, I'm pretty flexible with anytime starting about Friday 9AM through to Sunday 8AM.

lachancery
October 27th, 2016, 20:27
It seems, so far, that finding a slot that works for everyone will be difficult. 5 of 7 people have voted on the second and I'm the only one that can't; perhaps you should zero in on that one?

cmdisc
October 30th, 2016, 15:02
This Friday seems to be lining up nicely for most people. If HoloGnome is a 'yes', then go ahead with it. I'll catch it the next time around.

lachancery
November 1st, 2016, 01:45
This Friday seems to be lining up nicely for most people. If HoloGnome is a 'yes', then go ahead with it. I'll catch it the next time around.
Heh, this multi-vote experiment has demonstrated that we both have diametrically opposed schedules. If we ever meet at a gaming table, we'll have to celebrate!

HoloGnome
November 1st, 2016, 15:25
It would still be nice to play on the 12th at 11AM GMT/3AM Pacific (GMT-8, after daylight savings ends). lachancery/ben - is there any way you can make that time?

I can do the 5th at 1AM GMT/4th at 6PM Pacific (GMT-7, before daylight savings ends), but it presents some logistical challenges. Depending on timing, I will need to take an ~15 minute break towards the end of the game if it goes longer than 4 hrs. (which might be likely based on mythic complexity). There's a chance I might need to break earlier at the mid-session break might be possible if it occurs at about the 3 hr. mark...but 4 hrs. is more likely.

Note that daylight savings in the US ends on November 6th.

bigboom
November 2nd, 2016, 17:53
Not sure if it's affecting you guys but I haven't been getting email notifications from the forums for almost a week. If this problem is affecting others on this thread, it's possible they haven't seen the most recent posts and discussion about the possible times on the 5th and 12th.

cmdisc
November 3rd, 2016, 00:52
If people are tracking the calendar, everyone but one is good for Friday the 4th at 2100 (New York).

All other times have multiple votes for "No".

bb, I've been getting Game Announcement notifications, but that's the only thread I'm subscribed to.

Blackfoot
November 3rd, 2016, 01:19
bb, I've been getting Game Announcement notifications, but that's the only thread I'm subscribed to.
I haven't been getting any at all.

Lord Kavos
November 3rd, 2016, 01:44
So it looks like this weekend is the preferred option - sorry cm .

I have a little more prep to do (mostly the. soundscapes left to do and a bit of box text to copy over) so I should have no problem getting this one ready for this weekend

I will reiterate that this will be a long adventure, when I played it the game went for 7+ hours, it was slow starting because some people hadn't got their mythic versions ready, but even saying that it is a long adventure that I can't even wrap up quickly at the end without spoiling it.

So if you haven't done your mythic conversion by now, then you will get the stock standard version from the chronicle in part 2. I do not want to hold up the start while people go through mythic rules & spend an hour building their mythic versions.

So finalize your pcs & post them here or email me before the weekend.

cmdisc
November 3rd, 2016, 01:45
Odd. HoloGnome posted 4 announcements in the past week. I've gotten all notifications. Maybe double-check your settings? Otherwise no idea.

Lord Kavos
November 3rd, 2016, 01:55
I never got email notifications either...

bigboom
November 3rd, 2016, 02:29
So if you haven't done your mythic conversion by now, then you will get the stock standard version from the chronicle in part 2. I do not want to hold up the start while people go through mythic rules & spend an hour building their mythic versions

Mythic conversion? I don't know what that means. All I'm aware of is the part 2 chronicle sheet mythic powers. Are there options in addition to that chronicle sheet?

Lord Kavos
November 3rd, 2016, 03:36
Look at the mythic chronicle - if you have the mythic rulebook you can build a tier3 mythic version using the rulebook instead of the base rules on the chronicle

HoloGnome
November 3rd, 2016, 03:58
I own both Mythic Adventures and Mythic Origins and am in the process of my mythic setup. Otherwise, the PC I sent earlier today is a solid, pre-mythic base version. Also, if we play this week, note that I am going to have to take a short break around 4-5 hrs. into the game.

lachancery
November 3rd, 2016, 04:50
If I am playing the third part with a different character than the one who did the second part, I cannot use the mythic power chronicle sheet on that other character, right?

Character I used for part 2 is now only 5th level, and is a front-liner. She'll get squished in subtier 6-7 for this scenario...

lachancery
November 3rd, 2016, 04:57
It would still be nice to play on the 12th at 11AM GMT/3AM Pacific (GMT-8, after daylight savings ends). lachancery/ben - is there any way you can make that time?
No, can't. Sorry.

Lord Kavos
November 3rd, 2016, 05:25
If I am playing the third part with a different character than the one who did the second part, I cannot use the mythic power chronicle sheet on that other character, right?

Character I used for part 2 is now only 5th level, and is a front-liner. She'll get squished in subtier 6-7 for this scenario...

I'll have a look at the adventure tonight, but I believe your pc will get infused with some mythic power for this adventure.

I will check & confirm later.

HoloGnome
November 3rd, 2016, 06:45
You're probably better off playing a 5th who gets 3 tiers of mythical advancement, meaning 12 extra hit points, +2 to an ability score, and other cool surge and path powers, than a 6th who doesn't get anything. It's not just about the sub-tier level for this one. 12 extra hit points is more than you would get between 5th -> 6th, and you are getting the equivalent of 3 feats. If you're a front-line fighter, you could either go with the default, or take the guardian or champion paths, perhaps, giving you a few more options from the dedicated resources.

HoloGnome
November 3rd, 2016, 07:13
As an alternative to the Chronicle, you get the following when applying 3 tiers:

(The parallels to the chronicle will be obvious based on the info below and will explain why the chronicle says what it says.)

1. Choose a Mythic Path (Archmage, Champion, Guardian, Hierophant, Marshal, Trickster)
2. Add 4 hit points per mythic tier (or 12 in this case for 3 tiers)
3. Add +2 to an ability score associated with reaching the 2nd tier
4. Add feats at Tier 1 and Tier 3 (these can either be mythic or non-mythic) - so +2 feats
5. You auto-stabilize below 0hp
6. You get 9 uses of a mythic power (3 + (2 x Tier) = 9) - this is your max mythic reservoir
7. You get an immediate Surge ability, which allows you to add 1d6 to a d20 roll even after you know the result.
8. You get +3 INIT (+1/Tier, awarded beginning at Tier 2) and you can also expend 1 use of mythic power to take a limited standard action (no spellcasting)
9. Resting for 8 hrs. = fully healed (applied at Tier 3). If you only rest 1 hr., you heal 1/2 your hp and fully regain limited use class features (spells, rage, etc.), but in the latter case, mythic power use does not recharge.

The benefits on the chronicle are generic. If you own the books, you have more choices.

Finally, when you transition to mythic, you need to note any powers or class abilities you have that have mythic variants. For example, wildshape becomes mythic. For example, I am choosing hierophant that lets me choose 1 shape that I can use as much as I like and does not count againts my wildshape daily uses. You also have to consider whether or not you have access to mythic spells. Once you are mythic, all the mythic stuff applies.

Hopefully, that explains it and will demystify mythic. We absolutely have to make sure our characters are set up before game time. Most of the changes are easy and if you go the chronicle route, the choices are stream-lined.

So, lachancery, there is no comparison between a 3-Tier mythic 5th fighter and a normal 6-7 fighter, except when it comes to BAB (and gear, depending on build), but that is somewhat covered by things that confer an extra attack, like Haste, or the fact that you get to increase a stat by +2, add +3 to INIT and buff your d20 rolls. So, if you're a fighter, you're getting an extra +1/+1 minimum, where BAB would only give you +1 to hit and you get to act sooner. For a caster, you can argue that level 4 spells at 7th matter, but you're not a caster and an in-tier 6th wouldn't have level 4 spells anyway. If you're worried about survival, you can take toughness for another +5hp and dodge for +1AC, but there are probably better things to take and you could alternately pick up a scroll of False Life x5 for 2PP (assuming the party has a caster).

I will also point out that if you own Mythic Adventures and choose the Champion or Guardian paths, for example, you will get +5hp/tier instead of +4hp.

Lord Kavos
November 3rd, 2016, 10:27
Is the setting up of your mythic pcs going to affect our timeline for the game this weekend guys?

I understand everyone is keep to play this one, but this is also your one & only chance to check out a mythic build for your pc, so would rushing to get your pc done by this weekend spoil that at all?

Now I am good to run, so not trying to buy any time for myself as a dm, but I know when I played it I spent a week or more going through the permutations for Kayliss (mythic) myself...

So I will leave it to u guys to decide, and be ready to go in 40 hours or so...

bigboom
November 3rd, 2016, 10:58
Wow, thanks for the summary HG. Looks like I've got some homework to do. Or given that we're looking to play in a few days, I might just go with what's on the chronicle sheet. Either way, thanks for laying out the details!

It's almost as if you're really excited about playing this scenario....?

As for your need to take a break 4-5 hours in, that's fine by me. We'll probably want a break at that point anyways.

And as for my timing, I'm clear for 10 hours starting from game time. Hopefully we won't be going beyond that...

bigboom
November 3rd, 2016, 11:00
So I will leave it to u guys to decide, and be ready to go in 40 hours or so...

I'll be good to go. No worries!

HoloGnome
November 3rd, 2016, 14:18
To simplify even more, you get the base abilities common to all mythic characters and then you apply either the choices from the chronicle or you can apply 3 tiers of a selected path from Mythic Adventures.

bigboom: Yes - Mythic Allosaurus! And, my character happens to be built to take advantage of other path abilities, in particular, such as the ability to turn all 10 minute/level or longer spells into 24hr. buffs for free. Set it...and forget it! :D

lachancery
November 3rd, 2016, 19:58
Thanks for the details about Mythic rules, HG. I don't have that book and have never played with mythic rules before.

LK: I didn't see a follow-up; if I join with my level 7 skald who played part 1 but not part 2, do I still get to make a mythic version of him for this scenario?

My part 2 character is a level 5 magus, which I could make mythic with the chronicle sheet.

Lord Kavos
November 3rd, 2016, 22:28
If you don't play Part 2 you don't get a full suite of mythic powers to play with in Part 3, but rather a simplified template.

Blackfoot
November 3rd, 2016, 23:55
I might have an issue with the 9pm (eastern) time.. we are potentially going to see Dr. Strange at 6:30.. 2hr runtime 1/2 drive time... potentially gets me home a bit late... nothing is set in stone yet but when it happens I won't have any control over it... just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

HoloGnome
November 4th, 2016, 00:37
Here is my mythic build of Drakon (if it helps round out the party - he is going melee with buff casting):

Path: Hierophant
Level: 7 (Druid/6, Bloodrager/1)
HP: 80 (68+12)
INIT: +13 or +17 with Heightened Awareness
Rage Rounds: 14
AC: 20+, depending on size and ability use

Base Mythic Abilities:
Tier 1: Hard to Kill, Mythic Power (9), Surge +1d6 (Costs 1MP), Dual Path (Feat 1)
Tier 2: +2 Ability (DEX), Amazing Initiative (+3)
Tier 3: Recuperation, Mythic Spell Lore (Feat 2) (Mythic Spells Known: Enlarge Person, Barkskin, Greater Magic Fang)

Hierophant Path:
Divine Surge: Inspired Spell (+2CL, Doesn't expend the spell slot, Costs 1MP)

Path Abilities:
Tier 1. Mythic Wild Shape (Allosaurus): Changing into huge allosaurus form does not count against Drakon's daily wild shape uses. (Does not require MP)

Tier 3. Enduring Blessing (Tier 3 Path Ability): Spells that have a duration of 10 minutes or longer last for 24 hrs. Drakon will be using this ability to cast 24hr. mega-buffing versions of the following spells: Bouncy Body, Featherstep, Beastspeak, Spiderclimb, Barkskin, Mage Armor, Heightened Awareness, Longstrider, Ant Haul, Heroism, Resist Energy, Magic Vestment, Greater Magic Fang, Scale Spikes (combination of wands, scrolls, spells) (Does not require MP, but can only have 1 running at a time)

So, basically - a crazy-buffed huge bloodraging druid or allosaurus. Take your pick. None of his path abilities require MP, so he can use the MP for other things. Also, he will have either 10' or 15' reach and 2 AoO's per round, even flat-footed, so he should offer a lot of melee control.

Champion Path: (From Dual Path feat)
Champion's Strike: Fleet Charge (Move up to speed, extra attack at +3, bypass all DR, Costs 1MP)

Path Abilities:
Tier 2. Ever Ready (Cross-Path Champion via Dual Path): Take up to 4 attacks of opportunity, even while flat-footed, at a +3 tier bonus. Otherwise, Drakon does not have Combat Reflexes. This one sacrifices a feat to get a path ability, but picks up tier-based Combat Reflexes, so no real sacrifice. (Does not require MP)

Blackfoot
November 4th, 2016, 00:49
My potential issue has been resolved. I'm good for Saturday at 9pm eastern.

HoloGnome
November 4th, 2016, 01:07
lachancery - There is a handout if you didn't play part 2! (https://paizo.com/products/btpy93m4/discuss&page=2?Pathfinder-Society-Scenario-5-16-Destiny-of-the-Sands-Part-3-Sanctum-of-the-Sages#52) See the "In Response" part (hit the "Show" button):

Part 3 includes Player Handout #2, which is printed twice on the same page so that you can print out multiple copies more easily. This handout provides an abridged "Hey, you're a mythic PC now" template that players can apply even more quickly in case they didn't play Part 2 and receive the aforementioned Chronicle sheets.

So, it looks like you can bring your level 7 after all, since he gets an in-game mythic template buff!

HoloGnome
November 4th, 2016, 01:31
My potential issue has been resolved. I'm good for Saturday at 9pm eastern.

You mean Friday, right?

Blackfoot
November 4th, 2016, 05:02
You mean Friday, right?Uhh.. err... yeah.. obviously. :S

Blackfoot
November 4th, 2016, 05:07
Here's Prindlemire's Info.. I'll add his character sheet in a few.. still sorting it out.
Inventory Tracking Sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eSipIXzQaoAoI6JHavtXtH_kFJ7h4w8wCd3iphHzzmU/edit?usp=sharing)

Hrm... apparently I didn't understand/notice the 2 extra chronicle numbers involved in the Mythic Powers sheets.. so my last 5 chronicle numbers are all off .. so Carrion Hill should be #22 not #20... The Ley Line Boon is #23 and this one will be #24.

lachancery
November 4th, 2016, 14:02
lachancery - There is a handout if you didn't play part 2! (https://paizo.com/products/btpy93m4/discuss&page=2?Pathfinder-Society-Scenario-5-16-Destiny-of-the-Sands-Part-3-Sanctum-of-the-Sages#52) See the "In Response" part (hit the "Show" button):

So, it looks like you can bring your level 7 after all, since he gets an in-game mythic template buff!
Thanks for assisting us with getting ourselves ready for this scenario! Much appreciated.

lachancery
November 4th, 2016, 15:40
LK: I'm on business travel this week. My character will be ready, but I'll be coming hot -don't know how much time before game I'll be able to post him. Also to note, I have bought Legacy of Dragons and I'll be retraining him to add the Wyrm Singer Archetype (350 gp & 5 pp).

bigboom
November 4th, 2016, 18:03
Here's my XML, token, and prior chronicle. I just went with the two mythic chronicle sheets. See you guys soon!

lachancery
November 4th, 2016, 23:00
Presenting Goralion, a large Ulfen from the Land of the Linnorm Kings. Although he looks human, a faint metallic sheen on his skin betrays a celestial ancestry.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/731355/Goralion/Goralion%20Full%20Portrait.jpg

Lord Kavos: The attached XML includes retraining before the start of this scenario. I'll message you the details after the scenario.

Most recent chronicle: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/731355/Goralion/Goralion%2010%20-%20PFS%207-00%20The%20Sky%20Key%20Solution%20GM.pdf

Other relevant files (previous chronicles, inventory tracking sheet, GM reroll): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/57hak3kfumgd0tz/AACK_I7NAT3Gd0CrPVyzEZECa/Goralion?dl=0

HoloGnome
November 4th, 2016, 23:04
Cool - here are the token/portrait for Goralion from a previous game. Did LK send you the handout to adjust him?

lachancery
November 4th, 2016, 23:09
Cool - here are the token/portrait for Goralion from a previous game. Did LK send you the handout to adjust him?
Yes, I used the handout mythic template on him.

HoloGnome
November 5th, 2016, 00:16
Great! So, it looks like 4 of us are ready to go. Game starts in under 2 hrs. Dragonmaster_Ben - have you converted Merisiel/7 to mythic using the handout?

Lord Kavos
November 5th, 2016, 00:47
There was a pretty big update for FG last night guys, plenty of changes, so not sure if it will run with older versions so make sure you run the update...

HoloGnome
November 5th, 2016, 01:05
I just put together a Merisiel/7 pregen, since I don't think there is one floating around. That should make it easier to do the template mod.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16085&d=1478304216 https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16086&d=1478304238

Lord Kavos
November 5th, 2016, 01:32
i think my old alias still works, but here's the new one anyway...

deranged roll insane orc

Dragonmaster_Ben
November 5th, 2016, 15:24
Gnarr, I missed out. Sorry guys, it's been some busy days without room for gaming...

cmdisc
November 5th, 2016, 16:52
How did things go with 4 PCs?

HoloGnome
November 5th, 2016, 17:28
I think the previous picture I posted pretty much sums it up for Drakon...unless, of course, you want to add a spiderclimbing, huge allosaurus standing on the ceiling with 15' reach taking mythic, flaming attacks of opportunity at the pathetic monsters below. :D

We had:
1. Awesome sorcery with unctious undead pets and posthumous interrogations
2. An unexpectedly tanking skald who sang fearlessly in the face of death and blood and sped us on our way to victory
3. A negative channeling, puzzle-solving cleric-rogue
4. A prehistoric agent of dental diplomacy and a move 75 PC shuttlebus with free referrals to the Speak with Dead clinic
5. Some challenging encounters and mythic fun
6. Party success and a key part of the Pathfinder story!

Blackfoot
November 5th, 2016, 18:52
It was tough but we made it through. Thanks again for running this long complicated scenario Lord Kavos.

Lord Kavos
November 5th, 2016, 22:51
Complicated for sure, lots to prep, plan & remember - there is so much content that it is a bit thin on details in a few parts, but we got through it ok in the end.

Glad u guys enjoyed it - means it was worth the effort.

bigboom
November 6th, 2016, 09:22
It was very cool. Definitely many thanks for the massive effort putting this one together!!

Lord Kavos
November 10th, 2016, 11:26
hi guys,

Games reported, here are your chronicles...thanks for playing.

lachancery
November 11th, 2016, 01:39
Thanks LK! It was definitely one of my most memorable PFS scenario. Great job!