PDA

View Full Version : FATE: Simulating the Aspect Worksheet?

BradYounie
March 14th, 2016, 16:57
Part of character creation in Fate involves creating a Aspect Worksheet where you write up short blurbs about your first adventure, and so on, which become your aspects. For some of the aspects, it's easy. The writeups don't need to be in FG. They can just write them up on paper and just enter the aspects in their FG character sheet.

But two of the aspects are created by giving your worksheet to someone else who will add a blurb where his character plays a supporting role in your adventure.

Is there a way to manage that in FG...to let a player share a writable page with another player, or should we do it outside of FG?

Moon Wizard
March 14th, 2016, 17:03
The players could write up as private notes. (I.e. Not public). Then, the GM could share the link with any logged in player by dropping the link to the note onto the portrait of the logged in PC they want the note to be shared with.

Regards,
JPG

Valarian
March 14th, 2016, 18:47
I generally handle this via the chat and then copy the aspect from the chat in to the player's character sheet. The player describes their adventure and the next player along in the portrait list adds to their story. The player then picks an aspect to fit the combined narrative. This assumes that you are doing character creation as a group.

BradYounie
March 14th, 2016, 21:49
The players could write up as private notes. (I.e. Not public). Then, the GM could share the link with any logged in player by dropping the link to the note onto the portrait of the logged in PC they want the note to be shared with.

Regards,
JPG

That almost worked. I'm able to, say have Doug see Kay's note. But I need Doug to be able to add to Kay's note, but I can't seem to get that to happen. It's read-only to Doug.

Moon Wizard
March 14th, 2016, 21:58
The FG database isn't set up to do that. Only one player can "own" and modify a record.

You could have the second player make a new note that is the modification of the original note, and share back to the original player.

Regards,
JPG

BradYounie
March 15th, 2016, 12:53
That sounds good. Thanks