PDA

View Full Version : Tying Hit Dice to Character Size rather than Character Class

KrysTamar
March 14th, 2016, 06:36
Hey All...using the PFRPG ruleset as a base, how would one go about connecting Hit Dice and hit point accumulation to character size rather than character class?

Trenloe
March 14th, 2016, 16:58
Hey All...using the PFRPG ruleset as a base, how would one go about connecting Hit Dice and hit point accumulation to character size rather than character class?
In general or specifically to Fantasy Grounds? If Specific to FG, hit dice/HP aren't really automated in the PFRPG ruleset (in terms of PC creation), so just set them to whatever you want to use.

KrysTamar
March 14th, 2016, 17:58
In general or specifically to Fantasy Grounds? If Specific to FG, hit dice/HP aren't really automated in the PFRPG ruleset (in terms of PC creation), so just set them to whatever you want to use.

Thank you. How about a ruleset where they are, such as 5E?

Trenloe
March 14th, 2016, 18:00
Thank you. How about a ruleset where they are, such as 5E?
If you wanted full drag/drop functionality when adding classes then the code of the ruleset would have to be changed. However, you still have the option to manually adjust the HD/HP as necessary. I don't know how your process affects levels (or not), and HD for healing, etc. - you'd have to take that into account also.

KrysTamar
March 14th, 2016, 18:45
If you wanted full drag/drop functionality when adding classes then the code of the ruleset would have to be changed. However, you still have the option to manually adjust the HD/HP as necessary. I don't know how your process affects levels (or not), and HD for healing, etc. - you'd have to take that into account also.

Would you happen to know which file this code would be in for the 5E ruleset?

damned
March 15th, 2016, 01:41
Its not going to be in one file only.
You will need to find a way to unlink it from the class and then to do a lookup on the size and to make the roll and to make the adjustment.
Its going to be a lot of work for something that you probably do once every three sessions and could just do manually in seconds....

Aaron
March 15th, 2016, 05:02

Levelling happens infrequently enough that doing this manually is probably the easiest way. I've just introduced the size hit die rule into my game, along with an attempt at a 'Bounded Hit Point' system.

Open up the 'Class and Level' window by clicking the magnifying glass next to your 'Prof' bonus (shown in picture).
Go to the 'Hit Die' section, right click and choose 'Erase'.
Then drag the appropriate die into the now empty box under 'Hit Die'.
Manually adjust MAX HP on the character sheet main tab.
You're done.

I hope this helps.

Have fun.