PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds Community Activity...

Blackfoot
March 13th, 2016, 22:03
I talked with some friends this weekend at a local game convention about FG and they (or at least one of them) had expressed an interest in SW. I'm wondering how active the community is, I know that the PF community is very active and I've participated in one long term SW campaign on FG. What about you folks? Are there a lot of regular campaigns running, pickup/one shot games... new campaigns starting up?

I see 10 games listed for FG Con (..and that's awesome..) so I directed them there as a place to start.... but I'm wondering about the SW community in general.

ianmward
March 13th, 2016, 22:32
The society of extraordinary gamers are very active and play a lot of Savage Worlds. You could point your friend their way: The Society of Extraordinary Gamers (https://extraordinarygamers.com)

Ellspeth
March 13th, 2016, 22:32
Hey there. somewhere the posted statistics on how many people use Fantasy Grounds each year in each ruleset, SW is on the lower end still, but there are many groups that love it, some of us run games through here, I have a campaign in the Savage History you saw on the FG-Con listings for a smaller group I play with. I am not aware of a formal SW community like the Pathfinder Society or the DnD Adventurers League. A few here Like Mask and Daedulus only run Savage Worlds, the group I play wit, GMD is like 90% Savage Worlds, and I expect there are others as well. It's versatility and variety is contributing to a growing fan base. I am pretty new to RPG's and all rulesets, but I can run my own home brew stuff in Savage Worlds despite that because it is so user friendly. Black Hammer has a 50 Fathoms campaign on Thursday nights in Savage Worlds that still has a few seats, Ransolot is trying to get together a few for Sunday mornings short campaign in Deadlands Noir, also Savage Worlds. I even know people running DnD in Savage Worlds, though I haven't tried it myself. I expect like anything else, as demand grows supply will follow.

Blackfoot
March 13th, 2016, 22:52
The society of extraordinary gamers are very active and play a lot of Savage Worlds. You could point your friend their way: The Society of Extraordinary Gamers (https://extraordinarygamers.com)
Thanks for the headsup. I sent them the link. :)

Blackfoot
March 13th, 2016, 22:56
Thanks for the timely responses, my experience with the FG communities in general has been that everyone is always helpful and informative. Good to see that the SW folks are on a similar page. :)

Skellan
March 13th, 2016, 23:26
With a little persistence I am sure they would get fixed up.

damned
March 14th, 2016, 04:57
Savage Worlds has a much more active presence here than on other VTTs in terms of percentages of games played and that is no doubt due to the awesome SW ruleset and addons and the great work by all those devs that keep that product being amazing. Approx 6% of all games on FG last year were Savage Worlds.

https://www.enworld.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=72901&d=1452208954

Mortar
March 14th, 2016, 11:02
That's a bucket load of games either way you look at it. Once I get through the learning curve of working with xml for the first time on Weird Wars Rome, I would gladly convert other stuff too. I have nothing but time right now.