PDA

View Full Version : LFG: D&D 5e One-Shot

Diomitus
March 13th, 2016, 00:55
Just looking to play some D&D

Maybe sort of a D&D Encounters type deal.

I am just a lowly PC so probabky would need a DM and some more PCs

Anyone interested?

Zak
March 13th, 2016, 03:20
I'm new to the digital world of D&D. Would love to give it a try! Dont even know if Im set up right. Looking for an opportunity to try.

Diomitus
March 13th, 2016, 04:50
I'm willing to give the DM chair a shot, probably would need some more players and a bit of time for me to set things up, plus I have no idea how to DM on FG haha

medic_mack
March 13th, 2016, 06:38
i'd be game

damned
March 13th, 2016, 10:30
Guys - the GM role is harder and easier than you expect.
The technical bits people will have patience and will help you thru.
The story telling and responding to players "interesting" choices usually only comes with practice. Some people have it in spades but most people have to work at it.
But its also a lot of fun and you are involved in the action every time :)

Diomitus
March 13th, 2016, 14:36
Guys - the GM role is harder and easier than you expect.
The technical bits people will have patience and will help you thru.
The story telling and responding to players "interesting" choices usually only comes with practice. Some people have it in spades but most people have to work at it.
But its also a lot of fun and you are involved in the action every time :)

Are there any tutorials or videos that guide you through the mechanics of DM'ing on FG?
I've played enough 5e to be pretty familiar with the combat system, but as far as moving from room to room, encounter to encounter, etc to etc, I would definitely need help with.
Also, does the DMG have all the stuff you need for setting up encounters based on CR?

mishka133
March 13th, 2016, 20:21
I'm In

Diomitus
March 15th, 2016, 22:35
I have a dungeon crawl set up for tomorrow.
I'm if interested.

I have ultimate license

damned
March 16th, 2016, 07:43
Hey man - I know we had a brief correspondance - ping me if you have any specific questions.
And well done!

mbansol
April 6th, 2016, 06:12
Hey Damned, thanks again for the help the other day on setting up FG.

Diomitus, I know this was posted a while ago, but I am up for ping ponging ideas and advantures with you. I am also new to the FG and Dnd... world. I am currently also building a Module using the first module I ever used for this game. It might be good practice to get together and test each other out as we learn how to use FG and DMing Games. If you are interested in this idea. My email is [email protected]. Shoot me an email, or if you use yahoo im I am mbansol on there as well. I have gotten on a couple games here, but so far they have all fallen through due to bad times posted, or just never launching. I think it would be easy if we can both run some shorts with each other to learn, and maybe add more people as we go, when and if we start feeling more comfortable and confident with it. Definitely add me either way, at least we can network.

damned
April 6th, 2016, 11:55
mbansol I hope you have signed up for a session at FG Con...

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/fgcon8-banner-04.jpg (https://www.fg-con.com/events/)
FG Con 8 – Invite A Friend April 8-10th 2016
Register at www.fg-con.com (https://www.fg-con.com/) for all the latest info.

usasgt14
April 11th, 2016, 03:12
If there is anyone DMing and willing to accept someone who has never played before I am interested.

mbansol
April 11th, 2016, 03:23
Hey Usasgt14, I started a beginner yahoo group, for helping people put together campaigns, and helping each other out with "how to's" It may not give you a game but it might be another support for you. It is a newbie group to either find games or build and test them out with each other. If you are interested, go to yahoo groups and then do a search on DandDplayground.

Vladlock
April 12th, 2016, 05:11
I wouldn't mind getting in on some one-shot action. My work schedule is pretty wacky so it is difficult to nail something down on the first half of the week. When do you guys get together?

Diomitus
April 12th, 2016, 14:12
Vladlock, we started about 4 weeks ago, maybe 3, and the group filled up quick.. Don't mean to shoot you down but didn't want to leave you wondering either. Sorry.

Stryfe484
May 12th, 2016, 12:15
I'm running a Cypher System game using one of my most beloved D&D settings, Eberron! I've been working hard on converting the races. I just have to finish the language on those.
I'm going to start working on dragonmarks and magic items next. Then, the hardest, I think, classes! Hopefully, some of you are as interested in this as I am!
I can provide characters and the adventure, you just need to bring yourself! Character requests ARE welcome!
Go to the Game Calendar page to sign up here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1932