PDA

View Full Version : Not able to get Steam DLC

Myrtheus
March 12th, 2016, 18:20
My FG does not communicate with Steam for some reason. It tells me that it cannot update and I should either log into Steam (which I am) or uncheck the box. I have tokens that I had purchased DLC and cannot use them, since it will not check for DLC. Is there a quick fix for this?

Trenloe
March 12th, 2016, 18:24
What operating system are you running? If you're on a Mac then Steam DLC doesn't work as FG can't communicate with the Steam client on a Mac. You'll need to email [email protected] with the details of your Steam DLC and your FG website username, they'll link the DLC to your account so FG on a Mac can update.

If you're using Windows, make sure the Steam client is running and logged in (not just logged into the Steam web page) before you run an update.

Myrtheus
March 12th, 2016, 18:37
I'm using Windows and I run FG through the steam client. I always get that error that I need to log into steam.

Trenloe
March 12th, 2016, 19:18
Start FG outside of Steam (it's exactly the same application), but run it as Administrator (right-click on the FG startup icon and select "Run as Administrator") and then do an update. See if that allows FG to access the Steam client for DLC checks.

Myrtheus
March 12th, 2016, 20:44
That did not work. I can email a screen shot of my purchase, but that is strange that I have a mac problem with my Windows comp.

lordgore707
March 13th, 2016, 00:01
That did not work. I can email a screen shot of my purchase, but that is strange that I have a mac problem with my Windows comp.

i purchased this and both deadlands books via steam and they do not show up as their own module and savage worlds is greyed out any ideas?

damned
March 13th, 2016, 00:08
lordgore707 Savage Worlds is not included in the base product. Have you purchased the Savage Worlds ruleset? I think its about $10. You cant use Deadlands without Savage Worlds.

damned
March 13th, 2016, 00:10
Hi Myrtheus I havent seen this problem reported before so it does look like an unusual one. Do you use the same email address on your steam and FG accounts? Did you buy the base license here or on Steam? Is your license in the correct license field?

lordgore707
March 13th, 2016, 00:16
yes i have purchased it, fantasy grounds, savage worlds, and both deadlands books

damned
March 13th, 2016, 01:14
yes i have purchased it, fantasy grounds, savage worlds, and both deadlands books

Ok have a look in your Fantasy Grounds Rulesets folder and see if SavageWorlds.pak is in there. Try deleting it and re-running the update. If its not in there also re-run the update. If it doesnt download then check on Steam and the Store here and make sure the purchase has registered.

Myrtheus
March 13th, 2016, 03:19
Hi Myrtheus I havent seen this problem reported before so it does look like an unusual one. Do you use the same email address on your steam and FG accounts? Did you buy the base license here or on Steam? Is your license in the correct license field?

I bought the license through here, but had the demo on steam. Then I registered my license through steam. I think my email accounts are the same.

Moon Wizard
March 13th, 2016, 03:24
Please send a note to [email protected], and Doug can help figure out what the issue is and make sure you get access one way or another.

Regards,
JPG

Myrtheus
March 13th, 2016, 03:29

I bought the license through here, but had the demo on steam. Then I registered my license through steam. I think my email accounts are the same.

ddavison
March 13th, 2016, 15:15
It is possible that you have two instances of FG installed at two different locations. Try this:

1. Launch Steam and go to Library > Games
2. Hit Play from the Steam screen to launch FG
3. Check the Settings and review the two path locations and that the Check Steam for DLC option is checked.
4. Run a Check for Updates and report back with any error messages you see
5. Close it down

6. If you have a shortcut for Fantasy Grounds, also try launching that.
7. Check Settings again and see if they match what you had for step #3