PDA

View Full Version : A note about custom rulesets and default tokens in 1.04

Goblin-King
April 27th, 2005, 09:58
An option was added in the 1.04 patch for ruleset creators to specify a location where a set of default tokens are located. For the d20 ruleset, this definition is now in the base.xml file.

For this reason, custom rulesets will only display the contents of the "tokens" folder by default. If you want to use the default set, specify the following in your ruleset:

<tokenroot source="data\tokens" />
The good news is, for modern or future themed rulesets, you can now replace the default set completely with some of your own.

kalmarjan
April 30th, 2005, 16:56
When I now add my tokens to a map, it boots off my players... which really sucks. I have tokens made by myself, and when I add them, the players drop off the server like flies, and connot reconnect until I restart the program

I'm not sure how to replicate this, but it is an issue.
For now I will stick to default tokens

Sandeman

kalmarjan
May 1st, 2005, 18:03
I tried to locate where and what was going wrong... So here is what I did.

I had my created tokens in the campaign folder.
I created a bag for them and put them into it. When the mouse hovers over, it says 'custom0
Then I placed all my character tokens into a seperate bag.

When I use the character tokens, nothing bad happens. This bag is labeled 'custom1

When I place the monster token, the program kicks off all the players, and they cannot reconect until I gather the token back up.
Even though they can reconnect,
They have souble portraits of players and such.

The players will probably post what has happened to them later.

I tried to move all the tokens from the campaign\tokens to the main \tokens folder, but the samething happened.

Things are fine if I just use the normal tokens that are supplied with FG or with the character tokens. But the ones I created, boot my players off.

Hope this makes some form of twisted sense.

Sandeman

Desdain
May 3rd, 2005, 20:26
Same behavior. :(

Des

lkj
May 3rd, 2005, 23:29
Quick question for you guys:
-- Are you only having this problem with a custom ruleset or are you using the default d20.

The reason I ask is that I'm in a game tomorrow night, and I want to know whether to warn my DM not to use his custom tokens.

I wonder if this is a problem most people are having. Curious to hear from the developers . . .

AD

kalmarjan
May 3rd, 2005, 23:36
this problem is with the default d20 ruleset, and any custom as well..
Hope this helps.

Sandeman

lkj
May 4th, 2005, 21:53
I presume 1.04c took care of these problems? I guess I'll find out tonight regardless . . . Yee Haw! (don't game enough these days . . .)

AD