PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for map improvements

Chaindog
April 25th, 2005, 04:41
I've decided to buy this software. Some players and I will buy it within a week or so... after classes get out. If I buy it sooner I'm sure it won't be good for my grades.

I do have some suggestions regarding the map though. Some of this may have been said on other posts but I wanted to put it together for the Devs in one post. If these functions are already there, forgive me... I'm just going by what I saw in the demo.

1) Color options for freehand drawing. I didn't see it there but I should be able to draw lines in different colors.

2) Eraser. I should be able to "undraw" lines by going over them with an eraser pointer. As it is, I seem to have to erase the whole hand drawn map or deal with any mistakes in drawing I make.

3) Sizeable native maps. I should be able to map makes bigger, adding area to them as I need it. There should also be a way to center the map somehow, but that's less important.

As it is, this is a very cool program. I feel its the best at enabling a DM to wing an adventure just like I used to back in high school.

Chaindog

MythioS
May 1st, 2005, 09:40
Ya you know whats in order here... vector maps. An assortment of tiles that the vectors would render and the DM could draw on the fly for dungeons. High quality maps with lil time to prepare.

I know its prob down the road but its somethn to think about.

nix4
May 3rd, 2005, 14:58
I agree that colorized freehand layers would have several really useful effects for in-game use.

Such as laying down area of effects created by spells, grenade-like effects (such as acid pools etc)...

Maybe even areas around tokens such as paladin anti-fear and threat ranges of monsters with reach...