PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request

rushl23
April 25th, 2005, 01:04
I'm not sure this is the right forum, but I have two feature requests!

Our game has discovered that the DM's messages somtimes get lost among the noise - and the italics don't really stand out as much. Can there be an option to make the DM text bold blue or something?

Also, it would be helpful if there was a light "ping" when a message is sent. Sort of like with most IM services. That would be most awesome!

Thanks!

richvalle
April 25th, 2005, 02:01
Also, it would be helpful if there was a light "ping" when a message is sent. Sort of like with most IM services. That would be most awesome!

Thanks!

That would need to be something that could be disabled. With all the messgages flying around (ping, ping... ping!) it could get annoying pretty quick.

I usually have it so that my chat window is visable at all times so I can see if something new comes in.

That request for the dm's chat is interesting though. The devs have said they thought having all the characters chat in different colors would be too much but maybe just the dm's would be nice.

rv

Cantstanzya
April 25th, 2005, 04:40
Since they already have the color of the text set as to what the text is in reference to, they should put a small icon at the beginning of the text that is a smaller version of the players portrait. In other words, when I type something a small version of my portrait would sit to the left of the text in the chat window. This way the color of the text stays with the same scheme they have now, and it would make it easy to identify who said what.

Sigurd
April 25th, 2005, 07:56
It would be good if there was a serious message option that would show up as a shortcut on the player screen and stay until it is read.

s