PDA

View Full Version : Searching For 1st Level D&D 3.5 DM & Playas

keshirekat
April 23rd, 2005, 22:19
I'd like to be baptized into FG with anyone available. I've played D&D since Gygax, am 28, and looking for a 4-6 hour gig every other week. Got a typical 1st level Elven-Fighter, but will play anything. Could rotate DM'ing after getting the feet wet, and I have access to more playas if FG is the real deal.

Thanks,

Keshirekat

Coasty
April 25th, 2005, 07:10
If you're talking about a game on Sundays (after 4 PM PST that is) or Mondays then add me to your list of potential players. I'd love to get into a long term campaign.

I don't have a character rolled up though. I figure it's a waste of time right now since I only have the WotC 3.5 PHB and have no clue as to what rule sets would actually be required in whatever campaign I actually end up in. I don't want to start spending money on supplemental rule set books until I know which ones I "really" need.

MythioS
April 29th, 2005, 16:44
Id definatly be interested in a 3.5 campaign..usually play a wizard

Nayr
April 29th, 2005, 21:44
I am up for that, I can be on at any time after 10am EST and latest usually I am on around 9 or sometimes 8 but if I am not then you can count on me to be on at 10am EST (on weekends) on weekdays I get on usually at 3:30pm EST due to schoole...but I can play with your schedule. So if you need a lvl1 elven ranger tell me and I am there!

keshirekat
May 5th, 2005, 19:11
How about every other Monday from 7pm to 11pm Eastern, with the first episode on the 9th of May. Unless someone else would like to, I'll host and DM the first game which will only be for creating and verifying 1st level guys, and a mock-up tavern meeting/combat excercise, however before then, could someone lend me a hand and at an appointed time attempt to connect to my server?

We currently have four people interested and one DM (who'd also enjoy playing too). This is a good number initially. The classes are as follows:

Elven Ranger (Nayr)
Wizard (MythioS)
? (Coasty)
Grey Elven Priest (keshirekat)

I'd rather have us use only the Three Core Rulebooks to develop your guy, and no Psionics. However, we can discuss as a group Monday.

Please reply soon if you're interested in materializing a game next Monday.

Thanx,

Jake

richvalle
May 5th, 2005, 19:37
I won't be playing your game, but if you want I can attempt to connect to you to test your connection.

I should be available tonight around after 7 or 8 Central time.

rv

gavalon
May 5th, 2005, 20:02
I don't want to start spending money on supplemental rule set books until I know which ones I "really" need.

my face to face group has explored pretty much every book, and i figured this would help you.

wheres a list of what we have and what they are good for

Weapons
Arms and equipment
(If you want to make special weapons or change size, this book is extremely helpful, we use it every game)

Good vs Bad
Book of Exaulted Deeds
Book of Vile Darkness
(these two books are more of a mature set, its made for people who really want to role play the highest levels of good and evil)

Class/Prestiege class expansion
Complete Adventurer
Complete Arcane
Complete Divine
Complete Warrior
(WORTH YOUR MONEY, these are great great books. they expand classes, feat, prestiege classes, skills, equipment, spells, they are great)

Race expansions
Draconomicon
GhostWalk
Libris Mortis
Lords of Madness
Savage Species
(these books are for playing as/with dragons, ghosts, undead, abberations, and general monster classes in order. If you want to be a monster, you should look into these books.)

Races of Destiny (humans, half-ork, half-elf, illimuni)
Races of Stone (dwarves, gnomes, goliaths)
Races of the Wild (elves, halflings, raptors)
(these books are detailed descriptions on the player handbook races, plus an additional race per book. they also have general detail on a few other races and classes that are race orientated)

Races of Faerun
Races of Ebberon
(these are same as races books, but for their campain)

Campain Rules
Dungeon Master Guide
Ebberon
Forgotten Realms Campain setting
UnderDark
(these are generally DM books, but ebberon is like a DM/Phb, you would probibly want it if you play an ebberon campain)

Rules for lv 20+
Epic Level Handbook
(rules for expanding classes beyond their class limit, live lv 25 ranger, and a 15th level prestiege class)

Climate Settings
Frostburn
Sandstorm
Planar Handbook
(if you want to play in the snow/desert/other planes)

Campain Variant Rulesets
Unearthed Arcana
(this is a great dm book with lots of variants, basically, its an "alternate option" book)

i also have about 20 other books, including 3.0 and mission books, but none are to important

MythioS
May 5th, 2005, 20:52
Mon 7-11 is fine. Msg me if you need someone to connect to, be more then happy.

marcus
May 9th, 2005, 18:20
just wondering if you are still trying to get together on may 9th. i would be interested in playing. i would prefer to play a fighter type (paladin or ranger preferably) but maybe a fighter/cleric or someother multiclass. i am already a little familiar with mythios and nayr having played 2 short sessions with them in rtoee. i just need to know where to connect and i will try to make it.

keshirekat
May 9th, 2005, 19:36
MythioS, Nayr, and Coasty, please email me at keshirekat@hotmail if you're playing tonight and I will send you the IP address and password for the session.

Marcus, sorry we're full at the moment. Will keep you posted for when we have room.

MythioS
May 10th, 2005, 01:35
tried to leave you a message but the mail kept coming back undeliverable.. :(

Dragontongue
May 12th, 2005, 08:03
if you get a space drop me a line im really interested in playing as well 3.5 and any class is fine for me.