PDA

View Full Version : Tweaking NPC sheets

arras
April 23rd, 2005, 19:36
I would really like to simplify the NPC sheets, but despite my snooping around, I cannot find out how to change the data as displayed on NPCs/Monsters.

I note that the image files for the npc sheets is blank, so there must be an xml file that governs them...but alas, I give up! I cannot find out where to look.

Any help? Thoughts?

Thanks!

Arras

kalmarjan
April 23rd, 2005, 20:53
I would really like to simplify the NPC sheets, but despite my snooping around, I cannot find out how to change the data as displayed on NPCs/Monsters.

I note that the image files for the npc sheets is blank, so there must be an xml file that governs them...but alas, I give up! I cannot find out where to look.

The information you seek is in the final node of your db.xml file in your campaign folder. Be warned though. Back up your db.xml file in case anything goes wrong! :)

Hope this helps

sandeman

arras
April 23rd, 2005, 21:05
I don't think this is what I seek.

I want to permanently change the actual form of the NPC sheets. I want move things around...customize npc sheets. The db.xml file is just listing personalities I entered in a session.

I want the system xml file that hardcodes npc data for npc sheets.

Any other thoughts?

Cheers!

Goblin-King
April 23rd, 2005, 22:34
It's in rulesets\d20\d20_adventure.xml. It's separate from encounters, images and items since the data is entirely d20 specific whereas the others can easily be reused with most rulesets.

cogollo
July 17th, 2005, 09:04
I want to change the position of some fields in the NPC sheet and add some new entries.

The problem is that I don't get how to place them properly. I already changed a character sheet, but in the NPC sheet there are a lot of controls with position tags like
"bounds hpos="134,23" vmargin="2,1""

How do these tags exactly work?, i.e. how can I reposition the fields of the NPC box?

cogollo
July 17th, 2005, 09:14
Tweaking with the relative position of each entry, I see that this "bounds hpos" tag has to do with some sort of relative positioning, but I don't understand how to control that relative positioning.

Any help with how this "hpos" and "vmargin" parameters are functioning?

Ged
July 17th, 2005, 11:04
This (https://forums.fantasygrounds.com/viewtopic.php?t=583) thread explains the use of hpos and vmargin.

cogollo
July 17th, 2005, 11:23
Thanks for the quick response! :D