PDA

View Full Version : Howdy, new to FG and looking for someone to play with

Coasty
April 22nd, 2005, 02:02
Howdy folks...

I started playing in the mid 70's shortly after the first D&D white books arrived at a local game shop, and later on with the 1st edition rules. Had to because our weekend Squad Leader sessions were so long that the wives were, to say the least, getting somewhat perturbed.

I played until 1985 until a move from Phoenix to Seattle left me without a group to play with. Since then I've mostly been playing CRPG games, but I missed the old game and wanted to get back into it. A trip to the game shop and discovery of the core 3.5 rules showed me I was woefully out of date. Even worse I've been singularly unsuccessful in finding anybody to play with. Yesterday I stumbled across Fantasy Grounds and decided to take a flier on it.

So... I'm looking for an ongoing online group to get involved with, or even a steady dose of short adventures to get my feet back into the water. My days off are Mondays and Tuesdays, so I basically can play on Sunday afternoons/evenings and any time on Mondays. If the game time for session is relatively short, say 4-5 or so hours I can play on any day.

If you've got a spot open, or just planning on running a single adventure, and can put up with someone who is effectively a rookie at core 3.5 rules and relearning the game, kindly give me a holler. I'd love to play.
---
Paul Stout
[email protected]

keshirekat
April 24th, 2005, 02:51
Coasty,
We're about in the same boat, except you have 10 years on me. Please see the April 23rd post by keshirekat. Monday or Tuesday every other week would be super. What time zone are you on? EST here.

Jake --> [email protected]

Coasty
April 25th, 2005, 07:06
We're about in the same boat, except you have 10 years on me. Please see the April 23rd post by keshirekat. Monday or Tuesday every other week would be super. What time zone are you on? EST here.
--------------

Whoosh.. Monday's would be outstanding, but Tuesday's would be a no go since I have to get up at 4:30 AM for work. Early to bed and all that on Tuesday's.

I'm PST time zone here, and live in Kent, WA (about 20 miles south of Seattle).

I'll look up that post you mentioned.