PDA

View Full Version : XML Editors

AzureaSkyes
April 21st, 2005, 10:44
I know some of you have made macro's for Word to edit files for FG, but has anyone come across a decent cheap or free xml editor that will let you work with the files in some kind of wysiwyg mode?

I've just been using Namo Webeditor and notepad, wondered if any other module makers have come across better.

richvalle
April 21st, 2005, 12:07
I know Altova's xlmspy has been mentioned a couple of times here. I've downloaded it and used it a bit. Its free so the price is right. I've not seen a wysiwyg featture but I've not used it much either.

Luck,

rv

AzureaSkyes
April 21st, 2005, 12:29
Thanks rv.. I'd heard of that one myself.

Currently Namo lets you see a treeview and source view, but it bombs when it finds the "«" bracketty thing that they have used.

What i really wanted was a nice way of mapping the co-ordinates from the graphical components into the xml, for the boxes on character sheets.

At the moment, I've been using macromedia fireworks to create image slices and then writing down the co-ordinates on a piece of paper prior to typing them into the FG file. There HAS to be a better way of doing this :P

I vaguely remember some program that was made to edit "EverQuest live" GUI files, was it called Sam or something?

richvalle
April 21st, 2005, 14:40
You are WAY beyond me. :)

Hopfully someone that has worked with that aspect of the game can chime in with how they did it.

rv

Thore_Ironrock
April 21st, 2005, 22:53
I know some of you have made macro's for Word to edit files for FG, but has anyone come across a decent cheap or free xml editor that will let you work with the files in some kind of wysiwyg mode?

I've just been using Namo Webeditor and notepad, wondered if any other module makers have come across better.

For my money Altova is almost too much. I use TEXTPAD, which might lack a few advanced features that Altova has, but is easier to use and configurable as well. :D