PDA

View Full Version : Multiple monitor and full screen question

senjak
March 11th, 2016, 22:27
Hello! Fairly new user here with what is hopefully a simple question.

First my setup:

Windows 10 laptop driving a Wacom Cintiq 13HD Touch and a 42" flat panel display. The two external displays are cloned with the intention of having the laptop screen as the referee only screen and the external displays showing what the players can see.

My problem is that I can't seem to get Fantasy Grounds to go full screen on anywhere but the currently designated primary display. Is this something that I'm just missing, or is there a way to make FG display in full screen on a secondary display?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Senjak

Trenloe
March 11th, 2016, 22:36
It will only maximize on one screen. Manually resize to almost maximum including resizing across your multiple monitors as desired.

senjak
March 11th, 2016, 23:12
Sadness. The laptop screen is so much higher resolution than the other two screens. I'll figure out the best d way to use this with my setup!

damned
March 12th, 2016, 00:20
Hello! Fairly new user here with what is hopefully a simple question.

First my setup:

Windows 10 laptop driving a Wacom Cintiq 13HD Touch and a 42" flat panel display. The two external displays are cloned with the intention of having the laptop screen as the referee only screen and the external displays showing what the players can see.

My problem is that I can't seem to get Fantasy Grounds to go full screen on anywhere but the currently designated primary display. Is this something that I'm just missing, or is there a way to make FG display in full screen on a secondary display?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Senjak

My FG will happily maximise on the second screen.... note that is maximise on the second screen not maximise on two screens.

senjak
March 15th, 2016, 17:05
What OS and version are you running on? That could be the key difference. And what video card/driver version :-) I'm just happy that my laptop will let me mirror both of the external displays together, something that one of the other members of my group's laptop won't do.

Senjak

damned
March 16th, 2016, 07:58
Im running an older HP4740 laptop with a pretty generic intel/amd graphics card and Windows 10.

Nylanfs
March 16th, 2016, 12:28
Run a second player instance and maximise that on the second monitor.

senjak
April 2nd, 2016, 08:00
Oddly enough that didn't work. I can't get FG to maximize to the second monitor. I tried it on another system also running Windows 10 and had the same results. :-(

Suggestions?

Zacchaeus
April 2nd, 2016, 08:38
Could be your graphics card then. I can certainly do what damned says; drag FG to second monitor and then maximise FG and it will max on the second monitor. Mind you I'm not on a laptop but I don't see that as being the deciding factor. Maybe also play around with some of the Windows settings. There seems to be quite a few of them but I can't see any that are particularly relevant but they might be.

LordEntrails
April 2nd, 2016, 19:53
Note, I've found some applications, including but not limited to FG, on some computers (probably due to the graphics card or driver) can not maximize on a second screen. They will only maximize on the screen designated as the primary in display control panel.

But, you can still manually drag the FG window to fill the second screen. You just can't do it with maximize window button.

senjak
April 4th, 2016, 17:08
I believe that both my laptop and my desktop have Nvidia graphics cards, so that is likely it.

The solution I've found that works 'good enough' is to drag the second instance to the far edge of the 2nd monitor until it expands to occupy 1/2 the 2nd monitor. Then I can select the edge and drag it over to fill the screen. Not quite the same as full screen, but good enough.

Paranormal GM
June 25th, 2016, 21:44
Here is my dual setup on 2 34" Ultrawides set at 2560x1080