PDA

View Full Version : Yellow numbers in the top left corner

Farnaby
March 11th, 2016, 19:04
Hmmm, just did the update and now I have these weird yellow numbers.

Any idea what they are?

Trenloe
March 11th, 2016, 19:11
Never seen those before. What extensions are you running?

Try removing some extensions or trying a new campaign without any extensions.

Also make sure that you're using extensions compatible with FG v3.1.7.

Moon Wizard
March 11th, 2016, 19:16
It looks like a frame rate counter that can be added by graphics drivers or other third party applications.

Regards,
JPG

Farnaby
March 11th, 2016, 19:22
I'm in a game right now, can I check my extensions from within a game?
But I haven't added any new extensions.
And the numbers change when I move my mouse, but not when I click or run any other programs.

Moon Wizard
March 11th, 2016, 19:33
It's not an extension, since extensions don't track overall mouse movement.

I'm almost positive it is a tool that tells you frame rate in DirectX applications. It's not something that's part of FG at all.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
March 11th, 2016, 19:34
I think Moon Wizard is more on the right track - looks like a graphics card performance label.

But I haven't added any new extensions.
This is probably not causing the issue you see, but the golden rule when you update FG and things change is to check your extensions. Extensions use code from the ruleset they were built on, updating FG can break extensions and/or FG functionality as you are then getting a mix of old code (from the old extensions) and new code from the FG update. I can see at least two extensions where you're running incompatible versions - the remove effect extension needs updating and the alignment conditions extension is no longer compatible with FG, you should remove that.

If you run with incompatible extensions you may not see issues immediately, at best it means you're missing new functionality/fixes. More than likely you'll get the odd error and sometimes strange behaviour.

Farnaby
March 11th, 2016, 19:41
Doesn't explain why it's only in the FG window and nowhere else.
If I resize the FG window it stays in the window.
Also it only appeared after the previous FG update from about 1 week ago, not today's larger update, so I cannot support your theory that it is a driver issue.

If I enter a game how do I choose which extensions?

Trenloe
March 11th, 2016, 19:56
Doesn't explain why it's only in the FG window and nowhere else.
It does if it's related to DirectX v9 in some way. Not very many apps still use DirectX 9, so this would explain why only FG is showing it.

I agree with Moon Wizard that it is something on your computer (graphics driver, etc.) that is doing this for FG. I'd recommend looking into graphics driver performance settings, etc.. If you don't think it's that, then fair enough...

If I enter a game how do I choose which extensions?
The same way you added them in the first place! ;) The extensions are selected/removed in the "Load Campaign" screen in the "Campaign Details" section.

Zacchaeus
March 11th, 2016, 19:57
You choose the extensions that you want to run or discard at the start screen. When you click on load campaign or start new campaign you'll see the list of possible extensions there.

Trenloe
March 11th, 2016, 20:06
I'm almost positive it is a tool that tells you frame rate in DirectX applications.
Yeah, looks like the external to FG, FRAmes Per Second viewing applcaiton FRAPS to me: https://www.fraps.com/

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/FRAPS.jpg

Farnaby
March 11th, 2016, 20:49
Ha, blow me down and call me Mary.

Reading DX 9 I realised I had installed a new driver, so I checked my video driver and my Radeonpro driver actually has this for DX 8/9.

I've changed it to hidden and problem solved.

Thanks and sorry I doubted you guys. :)

Moon Wizard
March 11th, 2016, 20:50
Thanks Trenloe. I remember using FRAPS before and seeing that number, but I couldn't remember the name of the app off the top of my head.

JPG