PDA

View Full Version : The Wizards Amulet - Free Complete Adventure Module

ADCT
April 20th, 2005, 12:10
The Wizard's Amulet

An Adventure Module for D&D by Necromancer Games, converted for Fantasy Grounds by:

Tarrasque (Chris Manning)
Msd (Matt Dunn)
Ilwan (Grimur Fjeldsted) https://www.mapventures.com
Richvalle (Richard Valle)

The Wizard’s Amulet is a short, introductory adventure for six newly created first-level characters. The adventure revolves
around Corian, a fledgling Sorcerer. While an apprentice, Corian discovered a letter written by a wizard named Eralion, who
it is said some years ago attempted to become a lich—and failed. Accompanying the letter was a mysterious amulet with
strange markings. Joined by newfound companions, Corian set off in search of Eralion’s keep and his supposedly unguarded
treasure. But Corian is not alone in desiring to unlock the mystery of Eralion’s fate. Darker, more evil forces have designs on the secrets reputedly hidden with Eralion—forces willing to stop at nothing to obtain...The Wizard's Amulet.

The module contains many maps, new monster and character tokens, 12 pre-generated characters with new portraits, player handouts and a great gaming experience.
The first complete adventure module for Fantasy Ground is free. Here some are some screenshots:

https://www.mapventures.com/sites/fangro/Screen1_200.jpg (https://www.mapventures.com/sites/fangro/Screen1.jpg) https://www.mapventures.com/sites/fangro/Screen2_200.jpg (https://www.mapventures.com/sites/fangro/Screen2.jpg) https://www.mapventures.com/sites/fangro/Screen3_200.jpg (https://www.mapventures.com/sites/fangro/Screen3.jpg)

(Click on the thumbs for a larger image)

Get your copy of "The Wizard's Amulet" at the following site:

Mapventures (https://www.mapventures.com)

There is a file called tokens.zip included with the download. Unzip it into your \fantasygrounds\tokens directory. This will give you the tokens needed for combat for the creatures/npc's and premade characters included with the adventure.

Maps and images were made using Dundjinni software (www.dundjinni.com) and Campaign Cartographer 2 (www.profantasy.com)

Thanks to Necromancer Games (www.necromancergames.com) for letting us do this conversion!

edit: Updated URL and Infos

Nalfien
April 20th, 2005, 18:39
This looks awesome guys! I'm sure that your combined tallents in this adventure will prove to be very memorable.

I'm currently working on my own campaign at the moment and can't run my players though this, but I'm totally up for playing through this myself.

Thanks for your hard work.

gurney9999
April 25th, 2005, 21:30
For those of you thinking about FG... I just bought FG and downloaded this module... even if you do not want to use it it will give you lots of good ideas on how to use FG to create your own modules.

My only problem will be keeping my players from learning about this mod and downloading it themselves to learn the story :P

NeoDante
June 27th, 2005, 20:54
How did you guys get so much screen space? How did you resize the chat box? My FG screen is so much more crowded when I've got map windows and such open-I'd love to get more room. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NeoDante

Ilwan
June 27th, 2005, 23:36
Screen resolution. The screenshots were made with a resolution of 1280x1024. U can even have more space if your screen and graphic card support higher resolutions.

kepli
July 8th, 2005, 11:00
This looks fantastic ... :shock:

A few members of the Dundjinni Forum and The GM's Parlor have come together to start playing FG, so we can use our Dundjinni maps for this too.
This will probably result in us making a lot more maps that can be used in FG and even some adventures, modules, tokens and portraits.

But first we must learn FG, so I'll start a game with this free module.

Ilwan
July 13th, 2005, 09:16
Nice to have you around Kepli. I believe you are a legend in the DJ boards and I have seen many impressive maps from your hand.

In general I would like to get some feedback from people that have played the module in FG.

Anyone?

kepli
July 13th, 2005, 10:50
Thanks Ilwan ...

We've played until the group came to the skull stones. We had a very nice time playing the module.

I really like that preparing for it takes very little time. Everything is explained in detail and there are a lot of possibilities to look at the information. You can start quickly with the module and the story has great potential for extra's you want to add (I replaced one encounter). FG gives you much flexibility to do that, even on the fly.
The pre-generated chars are great and it's nice to have a large selection to choose from.
The maps looks great (ofcourse I'm a bit prejeduced towards the DJ maps :wink: ).

All in all I am a happy GM with this module ... Congratulations on this fine translation to FG.

Kepli

valhallan
August 29th, 2005, 16:48
I'm sorry to be this guy, but I cannot find the download for the wizards amulet on the adventuresomdreams site. I'm registered there, have gotten the totfk adventure and some tokens I've used in my own campaign, but I cannot find the Wizard's amulet adventure. I can find news releases about the wizards amulet, and that it'll be released soon, but no downloadable adventure itself.

Since other people are talking about how great this adventure is I just know this is my fault, but can someone give me a link directly to the download page for wizards amulet on Adventuresome Dreams? It has a really convienient download section, all split up into subgroups and everything, really nice, but I can't find the wizards amulet.

richvalle
August 29th, 2005, 19:17
Nope, not your fault. MSD had aproblem getting the file to work when it was in the downloads sectino so he had a link to it on the front page. He muast have removed the lik to make room for new stuff.

Youc an get it from here:

https://www.earlsdale.com/cc2maps/categories.php?cat_id=21

Though you will be pulling it from Europe. Good think you don't have to pay for the distance the data travels!

Enjoy.

rv

Ilwan
September 16th, 2005, 17:06
I moved server. The new URL is:

https://cc2.mapventures.com/categories.php?cat_id=21

Aescleal
September 23rd, 2005, 06:43
I moved server. The new URL is:

https://cc2.mapventures.com/categories.php?cat_id=21

I have been trying to register on your site so I can download this amazing adventure and so much more! But I've tried twice and I never get the authorization response in my inbox, so can't log on. And I can't reuse my existing email addresses to try again because i'm told they are already registered when I try to log on.

:roll:

Ilwan
October 10th, 2005, 23:19
I uploaded the module to the Mapventures site. No registration needed there.

Visit www.mapventures.com and enter the download section

Maelstrom78
December 8th, 2005, 16:47
Hi,

I know I'm a bit late to the party... I just picked up FG on Monday, but I was looking through this Module in an attempt to fiddle with and figure out the basics of running a game via FG, but I am confused, it looks like the characters for this module are not updated to 3.5? (within FG not the pdfs) I thought they were, and I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed that:> Or am I the only one who thought to use the pre-gens? *blush*

richvalle
December 8th, 2005, 16:52
Howdy.

When we worked with Necromancer games they assigned someone to go though the pre-gens and update them to 3.5. We waited and waited but the person never got back to us and pretty much said he was too busy to get to it (I'm pretty sure it was a dedicated fan vs a necro employee).

We didn't want to wait any longer so we just released it as is.

Sorry about that.

rv

Ilwan
January 25th, 2006, 19:07
Get it here without registration:

https://www.mapventures.com/downloads.htm

Have fun playing

Ilwan
January 25th, 2006, 22:09
The counter just hit 500 downloads of "The Wizards Amulet". Any player or DMs that could share their experience with playing the module?

ldsjohn
March 2nd, 2006, 16:18
I used your module to start out a campaign recently,, I very much liked it, and so did my players the maps were nice and the story was really pretty good, and the pre-generated chars are what my players are still using in my campaign,

overall I think its an awesome module for a begining campaign, and I am gratefull you have made it available

richvalle
March 2nd, 2006, 16:23
Wohoo!

From the ADCT: Thanks. I've thought about going back and updating it with pins and stuff. Maybe after 1.06 comes out.

rv

gurney9999
March 2nd, 2006, 16:31
Yes, this was the module that really got me hooked to using FG. rv if you want any help updating this just let me know.

Ilwan
March 3rd, 2006, 07:09
That is a good idea rv. Actually Ive been reading the download counter wrong. There has been a thousand hits in february alone. After all, it still very popular.

richvalle
March 3rd, 2006, 15:21
Wow!

Maybe we should push Necromancer again to let us do the 2nd part of that adventure thread.

rv

grot
June 3rd, 2006, 13:38
This looks really cool. I downloaded it last night as my first non-stock glimpse into ways of using my newly purchased toy. A few questions...

Since we can't have multiple characters per player, has anyone tried running this with *just* Corwin and the Cleric, maybe by bumping them up to second level?

Alternatively, has anyone ever run an adventure with several hirelings/NPC adventurers succesfully?

There's a broken link in the module, FYI - the sheet that lists all the characters initially has a dead link to the Corwin Supplements. Exactly 3/4 of a second to repair, but if anyone's still owning it I thought I'd mention it.

Griogre
June 3rd, 2006, 23:03
Alternatively, has anyone ever run an adventure with several hirelings/NPC adventurers succesfully?

I have a permanent NPC party member in the group I'm running. I have him minimally written up as a personallity (mostly so I can drop him on the initiative tracker), but because he is a spell caster I will may put him in a character sheet eventually. Honestly, I have a paper copy of his character sheet in front of me when I run and I mostly use that. It is awkward to rapidly access a character sheet without a portrait unless you have a hot key for the character and the personallity boxes don't work that good for spell casters that are suppose to survive more than a fight. :p

Ilwan
June 4th, 2006, 12:36
This looks really cool. I downloaded it last night as my first non-stock glimpse into ways of using my newly purchased toy. A few questions...

Since we can't have multiple characters per player, has anyone tried running this with *just* Corwin and the Cleric, maybe by bumping them up to second level?

There's a broken link in the module, FYI - the sheet that lists all the characters initially has a dead link to the Corwin Supplements. Exactly 3/4 of a second to repair, but if anyone's still owning it I thought I'd mention it.

Thx for noticing. Either Rich or I will look at it and fix it.

Jingo
July 20th, 2006, 06:20

This is the first adventure I decided to host for our group after getting FG last week.

We only have three players, and I bumped all three up to lvl 2 for this adventure.

It seems to be working well. There's world of difference between lvl 2 HPs and lvl 1 HPs. Of course in our group we give full HPs for the first three lvls and that helps after that they roll or take 1/2.

We haven't yet met any major encounters, but I threw in a wild Boar and they did pretty well against that. :o I'll let you know how it goes when we finish.

richvalle
July 20th, 2006, 13:59
Thanks!

I guess we still have to fix that broken link posted above (unless Ilwan did it already).

rv

maor
August 4th, 2006, 11:29
Ahh This Sucks Every Email I Put It Says Invalid Email Now I Cant Use It Some One Plz Upload It?

gurney9999
August 4th, 2006, 15:26
The link for the module, if you are looking for it, is:

https://www.mapventures.com/downloads.htm

Not sure what you mean by email address... I don't think you need one to download the file.

richvalle
August 4th, 2006, 16:07
I think Ilwan requires people to register before they can download the file.

gurney9999
August 5th, 2006, 22:00
Strange... when I tested it I didn't think I was logged in... oh well.

Jingo
September 17th, 2006, 01:50
Well, I wanted to give feedback on the Wizards Amulet adventure. Our group just finished it last night (@1:30 am).

I started out the three PCs in our party at level 2:

Corian (lvl 2 Sorcerer from the adventure's pool of chars)
Chen (lvl 2 Monk adapted from the adventure's pool of chars and renamed)
Jerome (lvl 2 Mystic Warrior (psionics class))

I think three players at level 2 was very well balanced for the adventure.

** spoilers below **
For the most part I followed the adventure, but did throw in one side adventure when Corian's player couldn't make it one night.

Over all, the party handled the Leucrotta Encouter nicely. I thought the momma Leu would munch someone for sure, but she rolled poorely and Jerome and Chen managed to take the baby and mother out with only Chen going unconscious.

I also completely changed the encounter on Skull Hill to something much more ominous than finding a benign rock that eminated magic. I had them awaken a dark spirit-entity that was locked away in the rock when they touched it, and the possessed Chen (his player couldn't come that day :o ). It turned out quite well with them spending a few spells, rescuing Chen, and eventually running for their lives wondering if they had awakened some dread spirit that would plague the world.

They went to the farm house to rest for the night.

I ran the Abandoned Farmhouse encounter on the difficult level, mainly because Jerome, the Mystic Warrior, was quite powerful for level 2. He was able to use his power points in various ways to absorb damage, increase saves and such. Plus, he had an 18 STR and weilded a two-handed Great Sword. Giving quite a bit of damage (2d6 + 6).

The battle raged back and forth for a while, Chen and Corian getting damaged some by the undead. Eventually they figured out they should use bludgeoning attacks on the skeletons and slashing on the zombies. By that point the imp, Talon, had managed to knock out Corian, and was trying to yank the amulet off his neck when he in turn was slain by Jerome, while Jerome through all of this took two Magic Missile attacks from Vortigern.

Chen and Jerome, once they figured out how to get around the DR, together took out the remaining undead quite easily. The two henchmen that Vortigern brought with him, had little effect with their ranged attacks. Since they fired into melee, they rarely hit their targets and only hit one because they rolled a natural 20. But they put up more of a fight with their melee weapons later.

After dealing with the undead, Jerome and Chen charged the line of trees where Vortigern and his two cronies were hiding. Vortigern cast his Acid Arrow at Jerome but missed. The two flunkies actually stood up well to the party. Chen and Corian dropped one of them and wounded Vortigern so that he fled with the invisiblity dust. Then Chen was knocked unconscous, leaving Jerome at about half hits facing the remaining flunky.

The flunky rolled very well on two attacks, and managed to knock out Jerome. Jerome fell to the ground and heard the thunder of hoofs just as darkness took him.

Enter my escape hatch.

The three PCs awakened later swathed in blankets in the farmhouse with soldiers around. Corian's amulet was missing as were some items from the party. The soldiers, conveniently on patrol, had happened upon the sounds of fighting around the farm, and found the PCs. They bound up their wounds, interrogated them, and released them. The PCs have sworn vengeance on Vortigern and have vowed to find the amulet.

So, even though I had to pull an escape hatch, for the PCs, the end fight was very climatic and challenging for them. The PCs are now all lvl 3 from the XPs from the side advs that I ran.

Good work on creating the adventure! The maps and tokens were awesome! I've since purchased Necromancer Games' the Crucible of Freya PDF and am converting stuff over to use in FG to continue the story/adventure about the Wizard's Amulet.

richvalle
September 17th, 2006, 15:37
Wohoo! Thanks from all of us!

I've thought about going back and updating it but figured I'd wait for 2.0. :)

Glad you liked it.

rv

Ilwan
February 13th, 2007, 22:28
I have removed some old sites hosting this and transferred the download to the freebies section at my website:

https://www.mapventures.com

Mr Hale
March 17th, 2007, 04:24
Tried to locate it for download at the US site and can't seem to find it there. Can I get a more specific location?

richvalle
March 18th, 2007, 02:19
I was able to find it here: https://www.mapventures.com/freebies.html

Tried it... seemed like it wanted to download something. Hope it was the right file. :)

rv

Traamros
May 9th, 2007, 20:17
Wow i got the Free pack of Tokens is aswome

wcarlsrud
May 10th, 2007, 00:21
When I try to run the module the application crashes. It doesn't do that with some other modules.

Anybody got an idea as to what is causing the problem? :pirate:

Oberoten
May 10th, 2007, 06:51
Are you running the old FG or FG2 ? The module was/is made for the older version of the program.

wcarlsrud
May 12th, 2007, 00:59
I'm using FGII.

Is there a conversion tool available?

richvalle
May 12th, 2007, 14:52
No, but I've been thinking of trying to update it for FGII. Kinda waiting for FGII to settle down some so I only have to do it once. :)

rv

thrylax
June 20th, 2007, 15:14
When I try to run the module the application crashes. It doesn't do that with some other modules.

Anybody got an idea as to what is causing the problem? :pirate:

Yes, I have the same problem. I just got FGII last night and was playing around with it. When I tried to load Wizards Amulet FGII crashes. If you are able to get this converted to FGII I would appreciate it greatly.
Thanks in advance

richvalle
June 20th, 2007, 15:47
Hmm, anyone been able to get WA to work in FGII?

Its going to be a long while before I update WA... the little free time I have is spent getting ready for/running my weekly game.

I do plan on doing it, just not soon. Though if its crashing for everyone maybe I should look at it sooner. Though... maybe then I WON'T be able to update it!

rv

Griogre
June 20th, 2007, 23:15
Wizard's Amulet is an FG1 scenario which is why it doesn't work with FG2, though I am surprised it actaully crashes.

You should be able to unzip the module into a campaign then drop it into your FG2 campaign folders and export it. I wonder about the tokens included with the module being in the campaign folder maybe causeing problems?

richvalle
June 21st, 2007, 01:37
Hmm, I thought something like WA would work ok but rulesets would cause issues.

Rilmarion
October 19th, 2007, 05:16
Any news yet if there is a a fix for FGII yet?

Syl
December 5th, 2007, 19:53
Bump (i know the thread doesnt need it) Port this to fg2 already! ;-)

Griogre
December 6th, 2007, 03:03
I had a few minutes and just converted the module from FG1 to FG2. I didn't have any problems doing it and I even fixed a couple of bugs. There were the normal problems of converting the PCs (weapon & spellbooks don't convert, inventory is all one string) but the PCs loaded. If richvalle or one of the other's will give me permission I will post the module or send to to them for their approval so they can post it.

richvalle
December 6th, 2007, 17:00
Griogre,

Thanks! Feel free to post it somewhere for people to download.

I've been wanting to update it but I don't have a lot of free time. When my current campaign ends I'd like to go back and make it 'better' if possible.

rv

Griogre
December 6th, 2007, 20:17
Per richvalle I am posting a FG2 version of this module.

Check the readmeFG2 for instructions on where to place various folders after you unzip the download.

Conversion from FG1 to FG2 Notes:

1) I did a straight conversion from FG1 to FG2. This is not perfect. In particular the character sheets changed a great deal between FG1 and FG2. This means that character spell books and weapon slots did not transfer at all and the inventory came in as one long line. Use the character PDF to get the correct data for character spells and weapons.

2) While checking the parsing on the monster attack entries I corrected a typo in one of the entries. I also deleted a test storybook entry.

3) I did not do exhaustive testing, but all the storybook and map entries I checked seemed ok as well as the linking.

Thanks to Chris Manning, Matt Dunn, Grimur Fjeldsted, and Richard Valle for doing the original FG conversion. Thanks also to Necromancer Games for originally creating the Wizard's Amulet as the first free d20 module and for allowing the conversion to Fantasy Grounds.

Jingo
March 7th, 2008, 20:27
Griorgre,

I went through your file and fixed a bunch of additional stuff. The story links were fine but the picture links were all messed up. Spell links would open up blank spell sheets. I also fixed all the character's inventory strings and so on. It's in a much cleaner state now. I have a zipped copy of the just the campaign I can email you to copy over so you can update your file. PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you.

Thanks everyone for an awesome adventure. Thank you Necromancer Games! I'm planning on running it again with a new set of poor fools! *grin*

Griogre
March 13th, 2008, 00:32
This is the latest and greatest version of The Wizard's Amulet. Jingo updated the character sheets and I updated the personalities so all the attacks and full attacks now can be thrown into the chat box.

While I try to get this up here you can download the whole zip here: https://www.mediafire.com/download.php?bbxu3crz3u3qmh3

If you already have the prior version you can download just the updated db.xml and campaign files below and replace the old ones. You only need the full download if you don't have the images and portraits.

Edit: Updated the link.
Edit: Updated the link again and killed the old attachment.

jakroy
July 5th, 2008, 04:13
go to mapadventurs.com/frebies

Jingo
July 16th, 2008, 15:52
Except I think the mapventures zip is for FG1. The link Griogre posted above is for FG2.

Angloson
December 30th, 2008, 15:30
So, is the Wizard's Amulet still available? I downloaded it a long time ago but lost it when switching to a new computer.

Griogre
January 2nd, 2009, 00:26
It looks like 4Shared cleaned house and deleted it. I uploaded it again and changed the link in the post above.

Angloson
January 4th, 2009, 10:35
Thanks so much! Have a great year guys.

Jingo
January 8th, 2009, 12:03
Hiya all. I figured I'd post a link to my sessions (includes some screenshots) on the last group I took through the Wizard's Amulet adventure. We had a blast. It covers not only WA but also the follow up adventure from Necromancer Games, The Crucible of Freya (https://www.necromancergames.com/products.html). There are, I think, some occasional side adventures there too. Anyway, most of the party used stock chars from the WA adventure. Enjoy.

Click to View Sessions (obviously spoilers) (https://home.comcast.net/~jareds62/FGWeb/wizards_amulet.html)

Crossfireue
March 29th, 2009, 16:48
I'm having a heck of a time figuring out how to get this running. I've downloaded the .mod file for the campaign, but how do I get it installed into FG2 with all of the requisite tokens and images? Where do I put the .mod file once it has been downloaded, and are there any other files that are required to run the adventure?

As an aside: I've loaded the .mod file into my FG2/modules directory, loaded the game and activated the mod from the activation screen. I do not see anythink new in the library window, I do get all the maps appearing in my maps screen, but no story, characters, etc... am I missing some files?

Thanks!

Konfused in Kitchener,

Rob.

Crossfireue
March 29th, 2009, 18:27
Sorry for the double post.

I figured it out. The downloadable MOD file does not have the campaign.xml file included in it. I downloaded it separately from the link given above (WAdb1.zip), opened the MOD archive with 7zip, loaded the db.xml and campaign.xml into it, closed it, restarted FG2, activated the module and Bob's Your Uncle, everything's there.

Phew!

Crossfireue
March 29th, 2009, 18:46
Double-double post...

The MOD file still seems to have mixed up links (link to Overland map leads to the letter Corian found), and there are no character files, either.

Any help?

Griogre
March 30th, 2009, 08:20
Where are the broken links? All the map/image links seem to work, so I imagine it's in a storybook entry somewhere? Give me a step by step to the broken link starting from what book it's in and I'll fix it. There's a ton of cross linking in that module. This really is an old module orginally built for FG1. I suspect everyone envolved would build it a bit differently now.

In an adventure module you should not see anything in the library. Ideally you shouldn't put the pregens in the module campaign you should put them in the campaign you are importing the module into. That way should the players want to continue playing the characters you can unselect the module and still have the characters. Naturally, this doesn't matter with a one shot game.

I could repackage the download into a campaign with just the pregen characters and the adventure module - would that be helpful?

Crossfireue
March 30th, 2009, 13:07
I first noticed the incorrect linking when going through the adventure step-by-step and found that the first link to the overland map from the story actually linked to (I believe) the letter that Corian finds. I've also found under the story for the pre-gens that the character backgrounds are incorrectly linked. I don't have time to outline them here, but I will try to do so later today.

Thanks for the conversion, though. That's got to be a lot of work.

theox
November 8th, 2009, 14:17
Hey, I got this open as a module, but nonw of the maps or pictures are present. Anyone got a good idea as to why this is?

*Got it, scratch that* For others who come across this:
1) Unzip the WizardsAmulet.mod file
2) Put the campaign and db XML files (from the 2nd file hosted above) in the folder you created
3) Create an images folder inside the upzipped MOD file and put all the maps, images, etc in there.
4) Rezip the file into WizardsAmulet.mod
5) Load Module and enjoy!

Griogre
December 10th, 2011, 00:29
I've updated the Wizard's Amulet to the 3.5 ruleset. You can get the module here: https://www.mediafire.com/download.php?bbxu3crz3u3qmh3

It was a fast and dirty 2 minute conversion. Let me know if you see any problems.

PolishZeus
August 23rd, 2012, 01:52
Hi there,
Took me awhile to figure out that I needed to go to the first post to get the material I needed and load the campaign. After that I got the 3.5 ruleset file that Griogre posted.

However, when I am loading the campaign it shows up as d20 and I get the error:
"Could not load ruleset root file (base.xml)"

It then asks if I want to reload (which won't help).

Did I miss a step or need to do something else? I'd LOVE to use this campaign as a way of getting familiar with FG2. Sounds very well made.

Trenloe
August 23rd, 2012, 02:09
Hi there,
Took me awhile to figure out that I needed to go to the first post to get the material I needed and load the campaign. After that I got the 3.5 ruleset file that Griogre posted.

However, when I am loading the campaign it shows up as d20 and I get the error:
"Could not load ruleset root file (base.xml)"

It then asks if I want to reload (which won't help).

Did I miss a step or need to do something else? I'd LOVE to use this campaign as a way of getting familiar with FG2. Sounds very well made.
This has been upgraded to work as a module for the 3.5E ruleset included with Fantasy Grounds. All you have to do is:

Download the module file that Griogre put together (link in post #65 above) and save it in you <Fantasy Grounds App Data Directory>\modules directory.
Start a new Fantasy Grounds campaign using the 3.5E ruleset.
When the campaign loads, go to the "Library"
Click the "Module Activation" button.
Find "The Wizards Amulet" and open the module (double-click on the graphic or click-drag on the book icon to the right)
Close down the library and have a look in "Story", "Images & Maps" and "NPCs" You will see an additional tab/flag at the bottom of each window which has items for "The Wizards Amulet" in it.
Open the Story 01-01 Entry to start and follow the link from there to continue reading.

PolishZeus
August 23rd, 2012, 15:32
Ohhhh, thank you so much Trenloe! I'm very excited to get this going!

Trenloe
August 24th, 2012, 04:42
There are also 2 other scenarios that you might like to look at as examples/inspiration/something to use - A Tale of Dinor example campaign (just start the "A Tale of Dinor" campaign) and the Well Met in Kith'takharos adventure module which come free with the Fantasy Grounds installation. There are more adventures and campaign info about Kith'takharos here: https://www.whitehairedman.com/kithtakharos

PolishZeus
August 28th, 2012, 15:35
I'll keep that one on my list of adventures to try Trenloe. Thanks for the heads up about them.

But I have another question that I'm ashamed to ask---I can't seem to find the character sheets for the NPCs.

Once I'm in the applications/Fantasy Grounds folder, under which xml document are they stored?

I've looked under the NPC tab and found Talon, Stirge, etc... but not the pregen'd folks.

Griogre
August 28th, 2012, 22:15
The new character export feature makes it much easier to use pregens. Here are the Pregens for the Wizard's Amulet

Griogre
August 28th, 2012, 22:20
More Pregens, they are all first level and 3.0 Ed characters so you may need to adjust them.

Griogre
August 28th, 2012, 22:21
Here are the rest...

Trenloe
August 28th, 2012, 22:27
But I have another question that I'm ashamed to ask---I can't seem to find the character sheets for the NPCs.

Once I'm in the applications/Fantasy Grounds folder, under which xml document are they stored?

I've looked under the NPC tab and found Talon, Stirge, etc... but not the pregen'd folks.
Which NPCs aren't you seeing? Or are you referring to pre-generated characters for PCs?

There are only 10 NPCs/Creatures with statistics in this module.

Griogre's replied with PCs while I've been writing this.

PolishZeus
September 2nd, 2012, 23:21
Thanks again Griogre & Trenloe for all of your responses, walkthroughs & hard work. A thank you also needs to go to everyone who helped shape this campaign. It was great to have things ready to go and to try it out.

Yes, I was looking for the pregenerated characters for the PCs to use/adapt.

Overview:
I ran everything pretty much in the order it was described. There were two PCs and two NPCs that we all bumped to lvl 2 (barbarian, cleric, sorc & ranger/rogue). I went with the 3 stirges on the first encounter which was a good choice. They managed to drop the barbarian down 6 CON before they were defeated.

Unfortunately, I made the final fight a little too difficult. Only added 1 skellie but kept all four zombies. Waaaay too much and I waited too long to give an escape hatch. The barbarian ended up dying but I included a high level cleric in the mounted party that saved us. Everyone was okay with it since it was my first time GMing in about 20 years :-)

I'm very interested to purchase the rest of the campaign but it's very difficult to find. Necromancer Games is riddled with broken links. I e-mailed the webpage support but the e-mail bounced back. Since their last 'news' post was 2009, I'm thinking the site has been dropped completely.

**As my next inquiry does not pertain to this campaign, I will start a new thread about resources for FG-ready modules. Any responses there would be appreciated**

Griogre
September 3rd, 2012, 07:40
Necromancer is dead as a company. Their stuff is still available in PDF on RPGNow and I think they are having a Labor Day sale. Here's a link: https://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=18

TwistedHeritage
September 4th, 2012, 15:26
Any chance this will ever be updated/converted to 4E? Seems like a really great intro story for beginners

Griogre
September 4th, 2012, 22:46
I would say very unlikely. Necromancer had ceased operating when the partners went different ways, one forming Frog God Games and the other Legendary Games. Frog God did acquire Necromancer and has been working with Piazo to do Pathfinder and Swords and Wizardry, but Necromancer hasn't released anything since 4E came out.

If you are looking for low level 4E modules you can get H1: https://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/H1.pdf

or Khyber's Harvest https://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/Khybers_Harvest.zip

Finally there are a ton of RPGA modules here including low level ones: https://www.livingforgottenrealms.com/

TwistedHeritage
September 5th, 2012, 09:03
I see :) thanks for the reply and the links. Appreciated.

Emrak
February 20th, 2013, 05:25
Would it be legal to convert this adventure to insert-ruleset-here (and of course, share it)? Or is it authorized only for 3E?

Trenloe
February 20th, 2013, 05:41
Would it be legal to convert this adventure to insert-ruleset-here (and of course, share it)? Or is it authorized only for 3E?
The FG conversion was done courtesy of Necromancer Games - the publishers of the adventure.

The rights to Necromancer Games products are now owned by Frog God Games: https://www.talesofthefroggod.com/index.php

You'd need to get their permission to distribute any modifications to this scenario/FG module.