PDA

View Full Version : Could We Use A Mailing List (or 2)?

Elric
April 20th, 2005, 00:25
I have the facilities on my home linux box to run Mailing Lists (using Mailman).

Would anyone be interested in maybe a support list and especially an announcement list for new versions and such?

I just hate seeing this box go to waste. :D

richvalle
April 20th, 2005, 00:43
Well gosh. I hate to see under-used equipment.

So count me in!

Not sure how much it will be used/needed as neither this site or msd's is being swamped with messages but what the heck.

How do you want to start building the list?

rv

Elric
April 20th, 2005, 01:12
Well, of course, the one thing that I don't want to do is detract from the importance of the official support forums themselves here but I know that some people (like me) don't have the time to sit and hover waiting for new topics or even to check to see if there are any new versions available. It's also a lot easier for me to archive emails than to print from the forums and then file them away.

This is why I figured we could start with an Announcement List and a General Discussion List (or just the Announcement one of that's the only one that people would use).

I can setup whatever we feel we can use/need. :D

Elric
April 21st, 2005, 12:17
I went ahead and created an 'Announcement' list here (https://fantasticadventures.servegame.com/mailman/listinfo/fa-fg-announce) which I'll just use to post when new versions come out.

It's a 'one-way' list. If anyone wants any other lists added, they would be considered. :)

richvalle
April 21st, 2005, 14:06
I thought about this a bit. I was thinking of:

The announcment list you already created for Offical SW stuff (new patches, news items like the stuff about them and cmx working together).

A more 'unoffical' announcment list for when any new content, rule sets ect come out.

A csp list as you suggested.

rv

stormmaster
April 22nd, 2005, 05:23
shoot, that sounds good. where do i sign up?

richvalle
April 22nd, 2005, 11:21
click on the 'here' above in Elric's message.

Elric
April 23rd, 2005, 13:10
A more 'unoffical' announcment list for when any new content, rule sets ect come out.
Done! I've created an 'Addons' list that is available here (https://fantasticadventures.servegame.com/mailman/listinfo/fa-fg-addons) for folks to announce any new goodies that they create and/or find.

Note: This is a moderated list until a person can show they are not just signing up to spam. :)