PDA

View Full Version : Contributing tokens from a Player client, rather than GM?

Qual
April 13th, 2005, 07:07
I'm wondering if there is a way for me to bring my own tokens into a game that I connect to through a player client, or if I must always send them to the GM to "install." I couldn't find explicit mention in the manual of adding tokens as a player, and my first attempt to do so didn't work out.

I'm hoping the feature is there because our group always has players paint their own figures, and it would be similar to bring in your own tokens. Then you could change them on the fly, too. If I get knocked down in a fight, maybe I would pull up the graphics editor while watching my companions try to save me and color some red blood on my token, then introduce the new token in place of my old one. Heheheh.

Is it possible?

Goblin-King
April 13th, 2005, 11:05
At the moment this isn't possible. We want to keep data transfer from the players to the host at a minimum, partly to keep the program responsive at all times, and partly to avoid hassle with network stuff.

We do think this feature deserves looking into, however, and will be considering options for getting something like this in at some point.